Field Services Consultant (Drayton Valley), Job #201226
Job Title: Field Services Consultant
Working Title: Field Technician
Reports To: Service Delivery Manager
Location: Drayton Valley, AB
Business Area: Field Solutions
Date Created: June 29, 2012
E.S. Williams & Associates Inc.
ESW is an established IT Consulting Firm providing end to end IT services and solutions to small, midsized, and enterprise businesses. At ESW, we are focused on helping clients achieve their goals to drive strategic business value from IT. By combining our industry experience, technical expertise, proven implementation methodologies with the right infrastructure and tools — we can decrease costs and complexity and increase IT innovation.
Post implementation support of a large number of mobile tablet devices used by the client in the field
- Assist client in their day to day on site IT operations and projects. Providing tier two/three level support in the field and locally with face to face and remote interactions with clients.
- Work can include, but is not limited to, hardware deployment, break-fix and software/OS/network/server/printer/cell/blackberry support. These functions may be performed with support and assistance from client infrastructure teams in the field and head office. These support efforts may be performed in a team environment or independently, based on the location and the requirments of the work being performed.
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Client infrastructure people – These individuals will assist with ongoing operations and project work.
- Clients in the field - Your daily contact will be with the individuals at the clients operations in the field (outside of head office).
- Other members of the team, depending on the location.
- This position can include travel to remote sites within Alberta and may include overnight stays at hotels
- There is a zero tolerance policy regarding drugs and alchol while working.
- Requires the candidate to be physically capable of moving 70 lbs.
- Capable of operating a motor vehicle and have a clean driver’s abstract
- Unscheduled, after hours support may be required occasionally
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of Windows OS, MS Office products, PC hardware, network basics, printers, personal wireless devices, remote access (Citrix, RSA, VPN), virtualization
- Require safety certifications for first aid, H2S and WHMIS. These may be obtained anytime before going on site.
- Post-secondary education in a computer related discipline such as a Computer Engineering Technology diploma and at least 2 years’ experience in a technical support role OR an appropriate combination of education and experience
- A+, MCSE, or MCITP certification is desirable
- Client focused and excellent client service skills
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Work well as part of a team as well as independently
- Work efficiently under pressure and remain calm in stressful circumstances
- Good organizational and prioritizing skills
- High ethical standards and be trustworthy
- The ability to think logically and analyze complex problems
- No co-workers report to the Field Services Consultant
Mobile device and tablet experience beneficial
Oil and Gas industry experience preferred.
Compensation for this position will be based on the successful applicant’s qualifications and experience.
In your cover letter, kindly include:
- Where you saw this position advertised
- If you were referred to this position, the name of the ESW co-worker who referred you.
To view all job postings, click the Careers tab on our website www.eswilliams.com