ERTH Business Technologies (EBTi) is looking for an individual to fill an intermediate quality assurance role, with a dynamic and exciting team within the North American electricity market. If you are looking to continue your career in quality assurance within an information technology company in the energy industry, this position is for you.
If you also think you’d fit into an environment with hockey pools, lunch-time ping-pong tournaments, annual EBTi Olympics, potluck lunches and more, then you’ve found where you belong!
ERTH Business Technologies is a Toronto-based technology company that provides services to energy retailers and utilities in Ontario. The successful candidates will be part of our quality assurance department working closely with the software development and operations teams performing a variety of tasks using state-of-the-art software systems.
The Quality Assurance Analyst’s primary role is to ensure that software is appropriately verified and validated; this includes test planning, creation of test environment and test data, as well as executing test cases. The QA Analyst also supports clients’ testing by providing expertise and training, as applicable.
- Able to translate business and technical requirements into high-level test plans and detailed test cases
- Assist to organize and drive QA efforts including the creation of test environment, test cases, and test data
- Perform tests against existing and new products, including functional, systems, regression, and performance tests
- Analyze formal test results in order to discover and report any defects, errors, configuration issues and interoperability flaws.
- Communication test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management
- Professionally represent the company at the client sites, when required
- Mentor and train junior staff, when applicable.
Education: Recognized designation/post-secondary education in a related field such as computer science or engineering.
- 2 - 3 years’ experience in a formal quality assurance role
- Experience in a development or business analysis role would be considered an asset
Knowledge: Strong SQL and database knowledge; strong understanding of Java and XML; proven experience with QA best practices, especially regarding test planning. Working knowledge of Django and Python would be considered an asset.
Skills: Excellent technical (Java, SQL, scripting languages) and problem solving skills; good judgement based on independent and analytical thinking; strong ability to learn and grow professionally; self- starter, goal oriented, able to handle conflicting priorities; excellent time management and organization skills; excellent communication and interpersonal skills; able to develop management and mentoring skills.
Other: Flexible hours, overtime as required; possibility of client-site work and related travel. Our Events Committee provides creative, fun benefits for all employees to enjoy, as well as the opportunity for our employees to participate in charitable events throughout the year!
If you feel you are qualified and are interested in finding out more about us and what we can offer you, please submit your resume and cover letter.
Indeed - 9 months ago
ERTH Business Technologies is a Toronto-based technology company that provides services to energy retailers and utilities in Ontario. We...