Do you have an understanding of testing concepts, test automation and environment coordination? Do you enjoy the challenge of performing quality assurance on test scripts and results and creating quality test scenarios due to business changes? If so, EPCOR Information Service’s (IS) Application Services team is seeking a full-time permanent Senior Analyst, Testing to join its Testing team.
Through this position, you will grow and develop a solid understanding of the Billing Applications as related to the Energy Services business, work with a number of development languages, participate in numerous project and operational activities, develop a solid understanding of enterprise application development and management and be part of a team that will play a key role in the future direction of EPCOR’s Power and Water businesses.
EPCOR IS performs operational and project activities for a diverse array of applications, including UIS, CRM, BIBA and Contact Centre applications.
Reporting to the Manager, Testing and Initiatives, the System Analyst, Testing is accountable for the stability of our applications. This includes participating in the software development life cycle by interpreting the Business Requirements and Technical Requirements and translating these into a decision for what integrated and user acceptance test scenarios to run with time spans (longest target completion time) of up to 12 months.
The accountabilities of the System Analyst, Testing will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Estimating, designing, and developing test documents, scenarios and solutions to meet or exceed customer or project requirements and enhancement of delivery targets.
- Ensure the delivery of optimal results against appropriate performance metrics.
o Incident Delivery and Responsiveness
o Delivery on Change Request estimations
o Customer Satisfaction Surveys
o System Availability
o Knowledge Management KPIs
- Ensuring system reliability and availability through proactive system monitoring and maintenance and change management.
- Employing open communication and problem-solving skills to resolve issues efficiently and effectively within expected timeframes.
- Collaborating with other members of Application Services to create and maintain dependable, efficient, and high quality application solutions.
- Working closely with areas of IS to ensure successful delivery of operational deliverables and capital projects.
- Participating in Major Capital Projects as required by the manager.
- Abiding by all Application Services departmental policies and processes for the purpose of consistent support and administrative practices throughout Application Services.
- Providing valuable contributions to documentation and knowledgebase to allow for the long-term sustainability of EPCOR IS.
- Providing expert advice and collaborates with other members of Application Services to allow for the creation and maintenance of dependable, efficient, quality application solutions.
- Ability to create quality test scenarios to business changes with a focus in manipulating data to fit the requirement which is often not available in our environments.
- Executing daily job duties with a focus on continuous improvement of processes and systems.
- Demonstrating a high performance, high discipline, safe, accountable, focused, innovative and achievement-oriented, easy to do business with manner of working.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Completed post-secondary Computer Science or Engineering degree or Computer Engineering/System Technology or Management Information Systems diploma.
- Minimum of 4-6 years of related experience.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of testing methodologies, testing automation tools, migration tools and environment coordination.
- Intermediate knowledge of the following applications:
o C#, .NET
- Knowledge of the following would be desirable:
o Contact Centre Applications
o Computer related certifications such as Microsoft or Oracle developer certifications
o Ability to perform and understand many business processes within EPCOR, from Meter Reader, Enrollment, Complex Billing, Finance, etc.
o Knowledge to test the functional processes of all applications/systems.
o Knowledge of the business processes, the interfaces and functionality of the business applications.
- Ability to provide test estimates, scripts and results for both IST and UAT.
- Previous experience with System Delivery Life Cycle using one or more common programming languages.
- Ability to interpret Business Requirements and Technical Requirements and translating these into a decision for what test scenarios to be ran.
- Demonstrating capability to execute test methodology and test cases.
- Ability to prioritize and select focused tests to ensure the highest priorities are tested first when testing time is limited.
- Ability to determine the new test scope when changes are made (caused by detected defects being fixed).
- Ability to create test data to fit a specific situation using creativity to manipulate data to fit the requirement which is often not available in our environments.
- Ability to coordinate and execute environment refreshes for the purpose of testing in a scheduled release environment.
- Ability to determine the cause of test failures.
- Ability to react with urgency to troubleshoot critical issues when faced with application availability situations.
- Well-developed technical proficiency in the current technology stack and an excellent understanding of business process and business requirements for applications.
- The successful candidate must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
The successful applicant will possess effective interpersonal and customer skills which will help to build and foster lasting customer relationships, and maintain inter-team and intra-team relationships. In addition, this individual will demonstrate a strong work ethic and critical thinking skills that will allow for success in a highly visible area of Information Services. Our ideal candidate will possess active learning skills which would allow them to continually adapt to new changes in technology and business requirements.
Hours of work: 7.5 hours per day, 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Note: Overtime work may be required.
EPCOR employees enjoy a variety of benefits, including:
- Competitive salary
- Annual incentive (bonus) pay program
- Paid vacation
- Flexible benefits plan
- Five paid personal days off each year
- Access to internal and external career development programs
- Financial support for personal development
- Pension Plan
- Financial support for employee wellness
- Career opportunities in a wide variety of disciplines and operational areas
Financial support for charitable organizations that employees contribute to
How to Apply:
Please refer to IRC28944 on our EPCORs career page.
EPCOR only accepts resumes via on-line application at www.epcor.ca/careers. If you choose to submit your resume by any other means, we cannot guarantee that your application will be considered.
EPCOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Positions are filled by means of open competition where the selection is based on job-related skills, training, experience, suitability and, where appropriate, seniority.
All EPCOR positions are subject to a criminal records check.