EPCOR provides safe, reliable power, and clean water and wastewater services to the places where we live and work. It's not an easy job, but one that we all take pride in. Join EPCOR and help us keep the lights on and the water safe for your friends and neighbours. At EPCOR, it's about providing more. All we're missing is you.
Headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, EPCOR is one of Alberta's Top 60 Employers. We have received an A+ for corporate responsibility reporting for five years in a row under Global Reporting Initiative guidelines.
EPCOR Application Services performs operational and project activities for a diverse array of applications including Oracle eBusiness Suite, Geographic Information Systems, Billing, Mobile Apps, Web applications, Work and Asset Management and small applications.
We are looking for a talented individual to join our Application Services team as a full-time permanent Systems Analyst, Oracle eBusiness Suite. This exciting opportunity gives the System Analyst, Oracle eBusiness Suite the opportunity to develop a solid understanding of large-scale database systems, leading edge ERP applications, and general enterprise-wide application maintenance and development.
The accountabilities of the Systems Analyst, Oracle eBusiness Suite include, but are not limited to:
- Participating as a developer in major projects at the discretion of the reporting Manager.
- Developing enhancements for our ERP and Work Management Systems.
- Providing operational support, including troubleshooting and proactive monitoring of existing applications.
- Improving Application Services through continuous knowledgebase updates with a focus on continuous process improvements.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Completed post-secondary Computer Science or Engineering degree or Computer Engineering/System Technology or Management Information Systems diploma.
- Minimum of 4-6 years of directly related work experience
- Previous experience with System Delivery Life Cycle using one or more common programming languages.
- Ability to react with urgency to troubleshoot critical issues when faced with application availability situations.
- Well developed technical proficiency in the current technology stack and an excellent understanding of business process and business requirements for applications.
- Proven ability to possess strong skills in the following:
o Oracle PL/SQL
o .Net or Java
- Knowledge of the following would be desirable:
o Oracle E-Business Suite
o Work Management Systems
o Oracle ODI
o Oracle BI
o Oracle BI Publisher
o Oracle Forms and Reports
- Clearance on a security background and two (2) professional reference checks are required.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- A copy of a valid work permit may be required.
The successful applicant must possess effective interpersonal and customer service skills in order to build and foster lasting customer relationships, as well as collaborate and openly communicate with fellow team members. In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate a strong work ethic and critical thinking skills that will allow for success in a highly visible area of Information Services. This position requires active learning skills and a willingness to learn new ways of approaching work activities to allow one to successfully adapt to new changes in technology and business requirements.
All EPCOR employees must demonstrate the following behaviours:
- Taking Initiative
- Taking Ownership
- Focusing on Continuous Improvement
- Adapting to Change
- Acting with Integrity
- Collaborating with Others
Hours of work: 7.5 hours per day, 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
EPCOR employees enjoy a variety of benefits, including:
- Competitive salary
- Annual incentive (bonus) pay program
- Paid vacation
- Flexible benefits plan
- Five paid personal days off each year
- Access to internal and external career development programs
- Financial support for personal development
- Pension Plan
- Financial support for employee wellness
- Career opportunities in a wide variety of disciplines and operational areas
- Financial support for charitable organizations that employees contribute to
How To Apply:
EPCOR only accepts resumes via on-line application at www.epcor.com/careers. If you choose to submit your resume by any other means, we cannot guarantee that your application will be considered.
Please go to www.epcor.com/careers and refer to job posting IRC28902 to apply online.