Up to Fifteen (15) temporary part time positions are available
(20-29 hours per week)
EPCOR Energy Alberta GP Inc. (EEA GPI) is actively recruiting for customer focused individuals to join our dynamic Contact Centre Team! If you have an exemplary punctuality and attendance record, excellent interpersonal skills combined with the ability to create and maintain positive working relationships then EPCOR’s Edmonton Contact Centre may be the right choice for you!
As part of the EPCOR family the successful candidates will have the opportunity to continue to build on their career with us by applying for additional, permanent roles offered to both internal and external candidates.
EPCOR Energy Service's Contact Centre is the main point of contact for EPCOR customers regarding utility billing and service inquiries. Service Consultants provide our customers with outstanding service and strive to exceed customer expectations. Reporting to the Manager of the Contact Centre, the Service Consultants are accountable for providing customers with outstanding service and support for their inquiries including billing, payment negotiation and service requests.
The accountabilities of these roles include, but are not limited to:
- Answering customer questions and concerns over the phone or in writing.
- Registering new customers into computer systems.
- Initiating first level problem solving and first call resolution.
- Identifying calls, requests, and issues to be transferred to appropriate departments when necessary.
- Contributing to customer retention by maintaining strong customer relationships.
- Managing challenging customers and requests with professionalism.
The successful candidates will possess the following qualifications:
- Grade 12 diploma or G.E.D.
- A minimum of 2 years of customer service experience in a public facing role.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate effectively and positively with all customers.
- Strong command of the English language, both written and spoken is essential.
- Exemplary track record of performance and attendance.
- Ability to attend and commit to our 4 week training session (June 2nd to June 27th, 2014) that will be held Monday to Friday from 8:00a.m. to 3:30p.m.
- Strong key boarding skills and demonstrated computer aptitude, including Microsoft Office suite of products (i.e. Outlook and Word) and use of the Internet.
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to change in fast-paced environment.
- High attention to detail and the ability to multi-task (for example typing while talking to customers).
- Clearance on a security Background Check, Credit Check and Professional Reference Checks are required. Two pieces of valid Government issued ID (1 is to be photo) will be required.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada. A copy of a valid work permit may be required.
Hours of work: All successful candidates will be required to attend our paid 6 week training class. The training period is broken into 2 sections consisting of an initial 4 weeks commencing on June 2, 2014 and 2 weeks to be determined at later date. The hours of work will for classroom training will be 35-40 hours per week, Monday to Friday between the hours of 8:00am and 3:30pm. Upon completion of classroom training the hours will then be 20 to 29 hours per week.
Note: Shifts are required to coincide with the Contact Centre's hours of operation (Monday - Friday from 08:00 - 19:00, Saturdays 08:00 -16:30); however, shifts and hours of operation may be modified based on operational requirements. Candidates must be available to work extended hour shifts on a rotating basis.
For all the details on this exciting opportunity in our Edmonton based Contact Centre and to apply, please refer to IRC29068 on the EPCOR career website www.epcor.ca/careers. Application Deadline: Midnight April 20th, 2014
When applying online through our EPCOR Careers website please list this advertising website as the “Posting Source and Source Name”. Thank you