Electricity Operations has exciting opportunities for two full time permanent Manager Positions with the Distribution Team. One will be for the Manager of Materials Support and the other will be for the Manager of Excavation.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, the Managers’ will be accountable for the performance of Equipment crews including boom truck, radial arm diggers, material handlers, cable pulling, Back Hoe and Hydrovac equipment as well as the operational functions of the crews performing work city wide.
This includes working closely with the Capital Construction and Customer Connections group to prioritize and schedule equipment on a city-wide basis. This function will also be responsible for the maintenance planning and reporting of equipment dispatch KPI’s done in conjunction with the other Managers. This function must ensure that established work priorities are followed, a safe work environment is fostered and equipment is dispatched correctly and on time.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Background in the trades or technology background in an area related to Construction, heavy equipment and / or fleet Management (e.g. Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic, Power Line Tradesman or Construction supervisor).
- Grade 12 required (or G.E.D.)
- Post-secondary education in a related area desired (e.g. Fleet management, Business, Engineering)
- Extensive knowledge of Heavy equipment, fleet management and/or Dispatch.
- 5 years of progressively responsible leadership experience.
- Strong knowledge of applicable regulations (OH&S, AEUC, Safety).
- Experience in dealing with a unionized workforce desired.
- Class 5 Alberta Motor Vehicle Operator's License, with 6 or fewer demerits.
- Strong working knowledge of construction equipment and field crews.
- Clearance on a security background and two (2) professional reference checks are required.
- The successful candidate must be legally entitled to work in Canada. A copy of a valid work permit may be required.
As our best candidate, you are skilled in dealing with people issues, listening, providing effective feedback and mentoring. You have excellent communication skills with a strong ability to influence people, and appropriate facilitation skills to influence problem resolution among a diverse group. You are fully engaged in all aspects of managerial work including the promotion of safety, coaching, performance feedback, discipline as required, cost control, and efficient work practices. The development of direct reports and others to accept greater responsibilities to facilitate succession planning must be one of your goals, and in addition you must seek out personal development opportunities to increase your technical and interpersonal knowledge of the area and Distribution and Transmission.
Note: Applicants will be required to supply their own vehicle with appropriate business insurance and will be reimbursed in accordance with EPCOR’s Vehicle Allowance Policy.
For more all of the details on this exciting career opportunity, please refer to IRC28779 on the EPCOR career website www.epcor.ca/careers
Application Deadline: February 28, 2014
When applying online through our EPCOR Careers website please list this advertising website as the “Posting Source and Source Name”. Thank you