EPCOR Utilities has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic Manager on their Distributions Operations Team in Edmonton, Alberta Canada.
The Capital Construction, Trades Manager is accountable for managing the performance of Aerial and Underground Trades within the Capital Construction team. This includes ensuring a safe working environment is fostered, trades crews are coordinated to optimize work efficiencies, established work priorities are followed, opportunities for improvement are identified and achieving the required outcomes within time spans. The Manager, Capital Construction, Trades is accountable to the Senior Manager and operates within the context and prescribed limits established.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Grade 12 diploma or G.E.D.
- Completion of Journeyman Trades Certificate in the Electrical Discipline or Professional Engineer or Engineering Technologist from a recognized post-secondary institute.
- 3+ years’ of experience managing multiple field crews in the utility construction industry.
- Proven experience conducting incident investigations, identifying root causes and implementing corrective actions.
- Detailed knowledge of electrical distribution procedures, work practices and applicable regulations – AUEC.
- Demonstrable ability to lead a team of Power Lineman, Cableman and Construction workers while ensuring projects are completed safely and efficiently.
- Business Certificate, Diploma or Degree will be considered a valuable asset.
- Valid Class 5 Alberta Motor Vehicle Operator's License, with 6 or fewer demerits. A current copy of a Driver’s Abstract will be required.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and Oracle.
- Thorough knowledge of industry work practices, procedures and safety applications.
- Strong people management skills with an ability to work independently or within a team.
- Ability to liaise and develop networks with both internal and external contacts.
- Able to use influence skills and strategies to change current work practices while getting buy in from the field.
- Clearance on a security background and two (2) professional reference checks are required.
- The successful candidate must be legally entitled to work in Canada. A copy of a valid work permit may be required.
Along with your knowledge and experience, the successful candidate will have strong communication skills relative to such areas as meetings, interviewing, conflict resolution and internal and external relationship building. You are fully engaged and committed to making innovative improvements on an ongoing basis and you actively seek opportunities to enhance personal and team effectiveness.
For more information on this exciting career opportunity and to apply, please refer to IRC29040 on the EPCOR career website www.epcor.ca/careers
Application Deadline: April 9, 2014
When applying online through our EPCOR Careers website please list this advertising website as the “Posting Source and Source Name”. Thank you