The Site Manager, Banff/Evan Thomas Water & Wastewater Services is accountable for the performance of the Banff/Evan Thomas water and wastewater systems. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Southern Alberta Water & Wastewater Services, this position includes ensuring regulatory and contract compliance, providing direction & leadership to the operations team, and demonstrating excellent customer service. This position will allow the successful candidate to gain a breadth of exposure to all aspects of utility management and a wide variety of stakeholders including the municipality, consultants, and employees from around the company.
The accountabilities of this position include:
· Provide input to and effectively implement the Southern Alberta Water and Wastewater Services plans and directions.
· Ensure deliverables of direct report positions are aligned and integrated, and include performance metrics.
· Identify the necessary budget requirements for the provision of water and wastewater services to the municipality of Banff/Evan Thomas.
· Create and manage a strong team of employees, including the determination of optimal numbers, recruitment, retention, and development.
· Ensure the delivery of optimal results against appropriate performance metrics, including regulatory compliance, financial performance, employee growth and retention, operational excellence, contractual performance, safety & environmental performance and customer satisfaction.
· Develop, implement and review Banff/Evan Thomas Water & Wastewater Services processes to ensure compliance to policies, standards, regulatory requirements and ensure mitigation of risks.
· Develop and implement operational, system & process improvements.
· Develop and track operational and capital budget plans, ensuring the site meets or exceeds yearly targets.
· Develop strategies and plans to maintain and expand client relationships and satisfaction.
· Build and develop relationships with current and potential external clients.
· Develop and nurture a high performance, high discipline, safe, accountable, focused, innovative and achievement-oriented work force that is easy to do business with.
The requirements of this position include:
· Certification in water treatment/distribution and/or wastewater treatment/collection or equivalent water and wastewater industry experience (at least 5-10 years).
· Degree or certificate in engineering or business to compliment operational experience will be considered an asset.
· 2-5 years of experience in contract administration in an industrial or municipal environment.
· Budgetary management and administration experience.
· Knowledge of water and wastewater operations, regulatory standards/guidelines, and safety/workplace health requirements.
· Municipal project management experience.
As our best candidate, you possess a strong aptitude for leadership and the ability to guide your team and counterparts through change and improvement processes. With strong supervisory skills, you have a proven ability to manage performance, delegate appropriate authority, and are fully engaged in coaching and providing feedback. Looking for opportunities for continuous improvement and efficiency within your own team and the larger operation, you bring a strategic outlook and think creatively to improve processes.
You possess strong problem-solving and organizational skills, have the ability to multi-task and function in a fast-paced setting, and demonstrate exceptional time-management abilities. You also demonstrate exceptional written and verbal skills, which allow you to present concepts and technical information effectively to both internal and external stakeholders and partners. You always take initiative to develop process improvements and customer relationships, are customer focused, and above all strive to achieve a high level of operational performance.
For more information on this exciting career opportunity, please refer to IRC26437 on the EPCOR career website www.epcor.com/careers
Application Deadline: January 4, 2013