EPCOR Utilities, Inc. is looking for a permanent full-time Manager, Financial Reporting and Research to join their team.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Capital Assets & Financial Reporting, the Manager, Financial Reporting and Research will be responsible for the accounting research and consolidated financial reporting functions within Water Services, ensuring the provision of accurate and timely reporting for this area.
The accountabilities of this position include:
- Review contracts and non-routine transactions for appropriate accounting treatment in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and make recommendations on treatment.
- Identify and lead implementation of new accounting standard changes as they impact Water Services.
- Act as an expert IFRS resource, fielding questions from the Controller and others within the Water Services’ finance team.
- Perform other accounting issue research as needed to support the reporting of Water Services’ financial results.
- Take end-to-end responsibility of projects including identifying issues, performing research, considering impacts on Water Services' accounting practices and internal controls, recommending solutions, and communicating operational and accounting impacts to key personnel.
- Complete accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting, and disclosure requirements for consolidated Water Services reporting; including the coordination of the monthly, quarterly and year-end reporting and external audit processes for Water Services Finance.
- Provide accounting support to shared service groups (ie: human resources, supply chain) within Water Services.
- Support continuous improvement by developing and implementing process improvements in the financial reporting area.
- Assess internal controls to ensure adequacy and compliance with Canadian Sarbanes-Oxley processes.
- Provide direction, guidance and leadership to staff.
As the successful candidate, you possess:
- Post-secondary degree in Business, Finance or Accounting.
- Professional accounting designation.
- Minimum of five years of directly related and progressively responsible professional accounting experience.
- Strong working knowledge of IFRS and accounting research experience.
As our best candidate, your track record and accomplishments demonstrate that you are an effective communicator, both written and oral, with strong analytical and problem solving skills. You are organized, inquisitive and are eager to learn about EPCOR's business as you apply your strong research skills. You demonstrate effectiveness when working independently given broad guidelines or direction, and are a team player with proven leadership ability, a customer-oriented focus, and the ability to excel in a dynamic, fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
This position may be eligible for a $1,500 employee referral reward.
EPCOR employees enjoy a variety of benefits, including:
- Competitive salary
- Annual incentive (bonus) pay program
- Paid vacation
- Flexible benefits plan
- Five paid personal days off each year
- One Friday off per month
- Access to internal and external career development programs
- Financial support for personal development
- EPCOR Savings Plan with company matched contributions
- Pension Plan
- Financial support for employee wellness
- Career opportunities in a wide variety of disciplines and operational areas
- Financial support for charitable organizations that employees contribute to
For more information on this exciting career opportunity, please refer to IRC27115 on the EPCOR career website www.epcor.com/careers
Application Deadline: May 8, 2013