Our client a privately held Canadian Corporation, a manufacturer of top quality plumbing & heating valves and specialties for the hydronic industry is seeking a Quality Assurance Manager. Products, which meet or exceed CSA, IAPMO, and NSF requirements, are engineered as practical real-world solutions. Reporting to the President the Quality Assurance Manager:
Provides specialized technical expertise in the development, support and maintenance of the Quality program, including specialized inspection and testing techniques, quality training, statistical methods, audits, quality tools for problem solving and assessment.
Manages the inspection process including the creation of inspection reports stating the conditions of a work area to ensure requirements are met. Applying root Cause analysis makes recommendations for corrective action. Applies knowledge of quality systems and tools to validate and verify contractually required standards for quality production.
Implements principles of performance evaluation and prediction methods are used to improve product quality, reliability, and maintainability.
Is responsible for establishing and maintaining the quality standard of products and the processes/procedures and materials that go into producing them. Aligns quality management function with the performance needs of product lines and the Engineering, Supply Chain, Product Development and Marketing functions.
Manages the QA personnel in the effective delivery of functional objectives by providing leadership and direction.
- 5 to 8 years of Quality Assurance Management experience
- Formal training on SPC control, statistics and quality systems
- ISO9001:2008 Auditor’s certificate desired
- Lean/Six Sigma – certification and experience.
- Proficiency with software – Microsoft Office Suite, statistical analysis software, etc.
- Establish, document and manage the Quality Assurance system; be the driving force behind the company’s Quality Assurance system.
- Promote Quality Assurance awareness throughout the company and train all personnel in all needed Quality Assurance systems/processes and procedures.
- Actively seek to resolve ongoing quality issues by collaborating with the Production and Technical groups, as well as Sales, Customers and Suppliers as required.
- Implements the Quality Assurance Policy as determined by the Senior Management Team; develops and implements checks and balances as directed by Quality Assurance Policy and ensures execution of Policy.
- Organize, index and maintain the company’s technical, test result and specifications repository. Become familiar with contents of these records and serve as the central hub for all company personnel requiring access to these data.
- Champion the Corrective Action Process and Non-Conformance Process; investigate and determine root cause of NCRs and CARs, completed NCRs and CARs for Internal Customer and Supplier Non-conformances. Assure such NCRs and CARs are documented properly and meet submission deadlines.
- Recommend / establish Quality Criteria and inspection methods for Quality Control based on contractual obligations; oversee execution and compliance to same.
- Initiate and complete Process Flow diagrams, Control Plans, Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA’s) and perform documentation revisions as required.
- Be a safety advocate; leading by example by complying with all plant and Occupational Health and Safety policies.
- Additional duties as assigned by the President.
Meet your business's goals with Business Consulting Service, Business Lean, Business Processes Management, Consulting Strategic Planning,...