Job Title: Conceptual Design
Location: Mississauga Office
Position Reports To: Station Designer Manager/Technical Director
This position is responsible for creating and preparing site plans, civil & structural drawings and topographical maps to be used in construction projects for LNG fueling stations across Canada. Solid understanding of drafting techniques and familiarity with engineering terminology.
- Manage all liquefied natural gas (LNG) station design construction project as assigned on task/time.
- Create site plans, civil and structural drawings for construction projects.
- Create topographical maps to aid construction projects.
- Create visual guidelines for construction purposes.
- Draft technical details.
- Use Computer Aided Design and Drafting systems to prepare drawings.
- Create and store drawings electronically
- Develop wiring and layout diagrams used by workers who erect install and repair electrical equipment and wiring.
- Create designs used in layout, construction, and operation of LNG fueling stations.
- Prepare drawings showing the detail and method of assembly of machinery and mechanical devices.
- Completion of college/vocational or technical training is required.
- 5 years’ experience as a Conceptual design, Auto CAD drafter, civil/survey drafter.
- Understanding of applicable codes and standards in zoning, planning, land use data or municipalities experience is consider an asset
- Oil and gas/energy industry or related
- Working in an engineering or construction office.
- High skill level of AutoCAD civil & survey drafting software.
- Ability to a read Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills; ability to prioritize and work independently under minimal supervision
- Self-motivated and driven to obtain profitable and positive results
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and ability to complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy; High adaptability
- Ability to work effectively in a deadline-oriented and fast-paced team environment
- Strong business acumen with excellent presentation skills
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Microsoft Project and other project scheduling software
- Proactive with the ability to multi task with attention to accuracy and detail.
- Team oriented individual with a strong work ethic and a demonstrated ability to perform under pressure and meet deadlines
- Entrepreneurial mindset– Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- Office environment
- Travel to multiple site visits as needed.
Indeed - 9 months ago