About ENN Canada Corporation
Founded in 1989, ENN is one of the largest clean energy providers in China. Its business includes natural gas (transportation, distribution, LNG/CNG station, and liquefaction), clean coal applications, solar energy, chemicals, and real estate. As of 2012, ENN employed more than 28,000 people, had total assets of 8 billion Canadian dollars, and has more than 100 subsidiaries around the world.
As ENN’s newly founded flagship in Canada, ENN Canada Corporation will focus its efforts on the natural gas transportation industry – especially LNG station construction and operation. Thanks to its rich experience in the natural gas transportation industry, a strong capital source from China, and highly cost effective China-made equipment, ENN Canada Corporation is bound to become one of the industry leaders in Canada in the near future.
For more information about ENN, please visit http://www.enn.cn; and www.ennca.com
For more information about Canadian NGV market, please visit http://www.cngva.org
We have an immediate opening for a Communications Advisor
About The Job
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ~ Communications Advisor
- Works with professional associations and business stakeholder groups on a regional basis to educate on ENN Canada.
- Develops and maintains trusted relationships with key government officials, elected and non-elected, across all department of interest to ENN Canada.
- Responsible for the development of the Communication group.
- Generate local, national and international media coverage for ENN Canada and various sectors within the Energy field to inform and build the ENN Canada brand and enhance its reputation.
- Develop and implement communication strategies that drive specific business unit goals, provide direction and progress, and support various initiatives while reflecting ENN Canada’s business and communication priorities, culture, strategy and values.
- Create and implement communication plans- including execution of policies – to support specific projects, issues and initiatives.
- Collaborate with Management team to ensure initiatives with change impacts are appropriately communicated to stakeholder groups (internally & externally).
- Understand, appropriately engage, and be an ambassador including: reputation management, media and issue management, government relations and stakeholder relations.
- Research, analyze and maintain key issues files (backgrounders/fact sheets, key messages, Q&A) to ensure ENN Canada is well prepared to proactively address or directly respond to existing and developing issues.
- In collaboration with other members of the team, provide measurement and analysis of volume and effectiveness of messaging” including real time updates to senior management on developing issues.
- Support stakeholder relations (planning and materials for open houses, dedication ceremonies, community events, report to the community)
- Build an understanding of the business environment and potential risks, to assist leaders with issue management and navigating reputational challenges
- Collaborate with communicator’s across the company to ensure alignment on issues and communication activities that impact multiple business and organizational areas.
- Support crisis communications
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS ~ Communications Advisor
- B.A in journalism/public relations/communications
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS ~ Public Relations /Communications Advisor
- Three or more years of professional experience communications/public relations
- Energy, Oil, Natural Gas or LNG experience is essential.
- Equivalencies of experience and education will be considered
- Strong understanding or government and legislative process.
SKILL REQUIREMENTS ~ Communications Advisor
- Excellent customer orientation and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Strong organizational and planning skills; ability to prioritize and work independently under minimal supervision.
- Self-motivated and driven to obtain profitable and positive results.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Flexible to travel when necessary.
- Attention to detail and ability to complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy.
- High adaptability and autonomy.
- Ability to work effectively in a deadline-oriented and fast-paced team environment.
- Proficient with strategic communications planning, critical thinking and problem solving
- Demonstrated experience with crisis communication and issues management.
- Exceptional written communication and presentation skills.
- Needs to have public speaking experience and strong verbal skills.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.