EMC

EMC Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Not organized, pull from one job to another
HVAC Technician second year apprentice (Former Employee), Charlottetown, PEJuly 23, 2014
Pros: health benefits, supplied work clothing.
Cons: over time hours paid the same as regular work hours
Co-workers were very friendly and worked as a team, but managment were not organized. More work then what workers could handle therefore lost contracts.
Call Center.
Customer Support Technician (Former Employee), Burlington, ONJune 2, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no job security or benefits.
Took voice initiated customer/internal calls.

Limited breaks and being monitored by multiple managers.
Hard to get feed back on tasks from management.

Good co-workers to work with.

Constant non-confidential surveys (said to be confidential). Managers presenting and asking who wrote each survey.

Job was easy and understood most of the time.

No raises – more... or benefits after 3 years. No job security.
Advance to another department/studying was done with long hours and commute concluding in a 5:30am - 7pm/8pm days, with no extra pay. – less
Less than promised
Customer Support Technician (CST) (Former Employee), Burlington, ONApril 17, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: retards your career development
Entry level positions, little opportunity to advance if you're in Canada, even if you get EMC's Proven Professional Certifications.
Management is inexperienced and sloppy, micromanaged from the United States by a "Leadership Team" that is based outside of Boston.
Everyone is a temp contractor, they promise to hire people on, but it takes years (7+ on – more... average).
No raises, health benefits, sick days, vacation is 4% calculated on each pay. – less
very pressurizing, and must have multitasking skill with good speed.
Officer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 25, 2014
my day starts at 8am, I have to report 15 minutes before start time. it is extremly hectic in the morning hours, I have to monitor all the CCTV's and also help all the employee's with their access to campus by creating pass key for them. Meanwhile I also have to maintain contact with building operators and generate work orders for various contractors, – more... after that i have to flag all the work orders and access authorization with their respective orders. We also have celebrity escort very often, so I have to dispatch guards for them and also keep contact with them. In afternoon I start clearing pass keys and update all the employee information. In evening I have to do audits of NVR switches and CCTV routers and attach all the reports at the end of my shift. – less
Partner Solutions Lead (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 1, 2013
Lots of opportunities presented to increase skill set. I worked varkous roles at this company. EMC provides employees with the skills to deal with customers of all sizes and requirements.
Best place to work
Project Deployment Lead (Current Employee), BangaloreNovember 18, 2014
Pros: no comments
Cons: no comments
EMC is the best place to work, Work culture and the facilities is good.
Good as a contract a more precarious situation as an employee
Schedule and Dispatch Agent (Former Employee), Draper, UTNovember 17, 2014
Pros: high pay $15/hr, great benefits, great co-workers
Cons: minmal management and training, unpredictable/unreliable schedule, high turn around
As a contractor my job was reliable, predictable and enjoyable. The month long training was excellent, my hours were always just as stated and I could always depend on my pay weekly.
As a full time employee, management was too overwhelmed to provide adequate training, we were understaffed and over worked, and therefore everyone was always on edge and – more... irritable. People were constantly being fired or would quit. Often I didn't get paid on my payday or my paycheck would be short. Work schedules were thrown together last minute and often there were discrepancies causing us to be short staffed. My experience here declined dramatically once I was promoted and given a pay raised and converted to a full time position due to the aforementioned issues. I eventually resigned for this reason. – less
fun place
Senior Analyst, Revenue Recognition, APJ (Former Employee), London, UKNovember 16, 2014
Pros: relaxed atmosphere
Cons: less scope for promotion
fun place
learnt a lot from different divisions in the business
team members were supportive
hardest part is getting promoted
lots of activities on a friday outside work
Great work culture
IT Project Management/Business Consultant/Analyst (Current Employee), Bangalore, KANovember 12, 2014
Great work culture, Great People.

Work Life Balance is excellent.

Feel home
very enjoyable
carpentry (Former Employee), Luton, ENGNovember 11, 2014
EMC is my own self employment company which I sub contracted mainly to jerram falkus who kept me in constant work for over six years
Enjoyable
Workers Compensation Claims Adjuster ll (Current Employee), Des Moines, IANovember 9, 2014
Great opportunity to learn

Relaxed atmosphere

Excellent medical benefits
EMC is a good place to work, good working environment, great benefits.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), BrentfordNovember 6, 2014
Cons: most employees are on fixed term contracts so emc do not really offer stability
EMC is a good place to work, good working environment, great benefits.
Professional Services Manager in the consulting group
Professional Services Engagement Manager (Former Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAOctober 31, 2014
EMC provides information technology data storage solutions. EMC is a leader in systems that store, protect, move, manage, and access Information Technology data.
good place to work
Senior Finance Manager (Current Employee), Hopkinton, MAOctober 27, 2014
good culture. worked with great people. gained experience in different areas of finance.
Exciting and challenging products to work on, recommned
Project Engineer (Former Employee), Hopkinton, MAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: demanding
dynamic and challenging company, great benefits,
exciting work enviroment
Great job if you like sales
Sr. Systems/Sales Engineer (Current Employee), Denver, COOctober 17, 2014
Pros: salary, benefits, technology
Cons: strategy, portfolio confusion
EMC is a great job if you are sales oriented. Everything is about the business. Compensation and direction are very focused. Strategy can be confusing at times because of the large portfolio. Lots of growth and stability. Great benefits.
Team orientated company
Training Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 15, 2014
The hardest part of the job was traveling. I had to leave my family for 3-4 days at a time.
man power
Production Associate (Current Employee), Hopkinton, MAOctober 15, 2014
temp agency man power is a joke. the management at emc plays favorites with employees that have parents working there
Hard work no play
Material Handler (Former Employee), Apex, NCOctober 14, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: additional paid vacation days
My typical day at work was on night shift, I didn't have a lot of interaction with management only my peers. I come in to work and unpack my material, label the parts,and placed them in there right locator. My shift ended with a clean up of the area for the morning crew to take over. Prior the morning shift beginning I would give them a brief shift – more... exchange of what had come in and what has been completed.

My co-workers were enjoyable to work around.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the flexibility that management allowed me to attend my son's school functions.

The hardest part of my job was learning a new computer system which eventually I became proficient because of my daily usage. – less
Excellent peers that I enjoyed working with.
Global Program Manager (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CaOctober 10, 2014
Excellent peers that I enjoyed working with.
Program Management, NPI.
Key word is "perception"

1 2 3 4 5

About EMC

EMC Corporation (EMC) and its subsidiaries develops, delivers and supports the information technology (IT) industry's range of – Read more