EMC

EMC Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Not organized, pull from one job to another
HVAC Technician second year apprentice (Former Employee), Charlottetown, PEJuly 23, 2014
Pros: health benefits, supplied work clothing.
Cons: over time hours paid the same as regular work hours
Co-workers were very friendly and worked as a team, but managment were not organized. More work then what workers could handle therefore lost contracts.
Call Center.
Customer Support Technician (Former Employee), Burlington, ONJune 2, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no job security or benefits.
Took voice initiated customer/internal calls.

Limited breaks and being monitored by multiple managers.
Hard to get feed back on tasks from management.

Good co-workers to work with.

Constant non-confidential surveys (said to be confidential). Managers presenting and asking who wrote each survey.

Job was easy and understood most of the time.

No raises – more... or benefits after 3 years. No job security.
Advance to another department/studying was done with long hours and commute concluding in a 5:30am - 7pm/8pm days, with no extra pay. – less
Less than promised
Customer Support Technician (CST) (Former Employee), Burlington, ONApril 17, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: retards your career development
Entry level positions, little opportunity to advance if you're in Canada, even if you get EMC's Proven Professional Certifications.
Management is inexperienced and sloppy, micromanaged from the United States by a "Leadership Team" that is based outside of Boston.
Everyone is a temp contractor, they promise to hire people on, but it takes years (7+ on – more... average).
No raises, health benefits, sick days, vacation is 4% calculated on each pay. – less
very pressurizing, and must have multitasking skill with good speed.
Officer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 25, 2014
my day starts at 8am, I have to report 15 minutes before start time. it is extremly hectic in the morning hours, I have to monitor all the CCTV's and also help all the employee's with their access to campus by creating pass key for them. Meanwhile I also have to maintain contact with building operators and generate work orders for various contractors, – more... after that i have to flag all the work orders and access authorization with their respective orders. We also have celebrity escort very often, so I have to dispatch guards for them and also keep contact with them. In afternoon I start clearing pass keys and update all the employee information. In evening I have to do audits of NVR switches and CCTV routers and attach all the reports at the end of my shift. – less
Partner Solutions Lead (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 1, 2013
Lots of opportunities presented to increase skill set. I worked varkous roles at this company. EMC provides employees with the skills to deal with customers of all sizes and requirements.
Great job if you like sales
Sr. Systems/Sales Engineer (Current Employee), Denver, COOctober 17, 2014
Pros: salary, benefits, technology
Cons: strategy, portfolio confusion
EMC is a great job if you are sales oriented. Everything is about the business. Compensation and direction are very focused. Strategy can be confusing at times because of the large portfolio. Lots of growth and stability. Great benefits.
Team orientated company
Training Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 15, 2014
The hardest part of the job was traveling. I had to leave my family for 3-4 days at a time.
man power
Production Associate (Current Employee), Hopkinton, MAOctober 15, 2014
temp agency man power is a joke. the management at emc plays favorites with employees that have parents working there
Hard work no play
Material Handler (Former Employee), Apex, NCOctober 14, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: additional paid vacation days
My typical day at work was on night shift, I didn't have a lot of interaction with management only my peers. I come in to work and unpack my material, label the parts,and placed them in there right locator. My shift ended with a clean up of the area for the morning crew to take over. Prior the morning shift beginning I would give them a brief shift – more... exchange of what had come in and what has been completed.

My co-workers were enjoyable to work around.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the flexibility that management allowed me to attend my son's school functions.

The hardest part of my job was learning a new computer system which eventually I became proficient because of my daily usage. – less
Excellent peers that I enjoyed working with.
Global Program Manager (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CaOctober 10, 2014
Excellent peers that I enjoyed working with.
Program Management, NPI.
Key word is "perception"
EMC gave me a chance
Remote Technical Support - Customer Engineer (Current Employee), London, ENGOctober 9, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: 24 on call
EMC was my home for 8 years and it was the best thing that happened to me. You work hard and you see the rewards .
Good company to work for,believes in a good work/life balance
Refurbishing Technician (Former Employee), Franklin, MAOctober 7, 2014
Pros: terrific company tro learnan and apply computer knowledge, in both building, refurbishing computer cabs.data storage and erasure procedures, working with the principles of lean manufacturing standards, 5s, six sigma standards.
Cons: company's waiting period of hiring is too long, must stay contractor (temp) for at least 1 year / year and a half if they do decide to hire you.
My experiance was a good with EMC,,learned alot and put into practice Lean Manufacturing principles,
productive and fun work place with ping pong table
Web Developer (Former Employee), Franklin, MAOctober 5, 2014
flexible work time range.
Nice working environment.
Co-workers are mostly experienced, professional and nice to get along with.
worked a as presalaes
Customer Support Engineer (Current Employee), İstanbul, T34October 4, 2014
Pros: very good copany.
Cons: non
try to sell fujitsu products and software that belongs to them
Worked from home last 5 years
Schedule & Dispatch Specialist (Former Employee), Hopkinton, MAOctober 3, 2014
• Analyzing customer-request tickets, contacting customers to arrange for service, and ordering parts if required.
• Assisting Customer Engineers in the field with resolving technical difficulties, scheduling, and ordering parts.
• Ensuring Customer Engineer routes were set up properly, and tickets were scheduled and dispatched in a timely manner.
DIRECTOR, SOFTWARE ENGINEERING (Former Employee), NCOctober 3, 2014
Cons: too many org changes
EMC is a good company to work for. The only issue I have is that the senior leadership team needs to get its act together as the storage division has been in continuous re-org mode for the last 3-5 years. Every new exec wants to change things till they are walked out.
Lot of learning with fun at this place, good place to work
Programe Manager (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAOctober 2, 2014
the moment i joined this place i thought am in a right place,
good people, nice culture, friendly envirment
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCOctober 1, 2014
Pros: flexible atmosphere, stimulating
Cons: occasionally high pressure
For the very most part, EMC management was competent, supportive, and personable. The work environment was flexible in terms of dress and hours in the office. The real concern was getting projects done on time with quality.My coworkers were all bright, creative, supportive, and friendly. It was probably the best and most challenging place I've worked.
Good Place To Work
Storage delivery specialist (Current Employee), BangaloreSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: flexible timings
Cons: not many on site oppurtunities
Good place for any storage enthusiast.
Lots of platform to enhance your knowledge regarding the field you work.
Highly recommended place to work
Principal Systems Engineer - PreSales (Current Employee), Bellevue, WASeptember 26, 2014
Empowering environment where individual contributions are encouraged and valued.

1 2 3 4 5

About EMC

EMC Corporation (EMC) and its subsidiaries develops, delivers and supports the information technology (IT) industry's range of – Read more