EMC

EMC Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good time
Intern (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 1, 2014
The whole experience was great. I have no complaints at all. pays well and lifestyle is great.
Not organized, pull from one job to another
HVAC Technician second year apprentice (Former Employee), Charlottetown, PEJuly 23, 2014
Pros: health benefits, supplied work clothing.
Cons: over time hours paid the same as regular work hours
Co-workers were very friendly and worked as a team, but managment were not organized. More work then what workers could handle therefore lost contracts.
Call Center.
Customer Support Technician (Former Employee), Burlington, ONJune 2, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no job security or benefits.
Took voice initiated customer/internal calls.

Limited breaks and being monitored by multiple managers.
Hard to get feed back on tasks from management.

Good co-workers to work with.

Constant non-confidential surveys (said to be confidential). Managers presenting and asking who wrote each survey.

Job was easy and understood most of the time.

No raises or benefits after 3 years. No job security.
Advance to another department/studying was done with long hours and commute concluding in a 5:30am - 7pm/8pm days, with no extra pay.
Less than promised
Customer Support Technician (CST) (Former Employee), Burlington, ONApril 17, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: retards your career development
Entry level positions, little opportunity to advance if you're in Canada, even if you get EMC's Proven Professional Certifications.
Management is inexperienced and sloppy, micromanaged from the United States by a "Leadership Team" that is based outside of Boston.
Everyone is a temp contractor, they promise to hire people on, but it takes years (7+ on average).
No raises, health benefits, sick days, vacation is 4% calculated on each pay.
very pressurizing, and must have multitasking skill with good speed.
Officer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 25, 2014
my day starts at 8am, I have to report 15 minutes before start time. it is extremly hectic in the morning hours, I have to monitor all the CCTV's and also help all the employee's with their access to campus by creating pass key for them. Meanwhile I also have to maintain contact with building operators and generate work orders for various contractors, after that i have to flag all the work orders and access authorization with their respective orders. We also have celebrity escort very often, so I have to dispatch guards for them and also keep contact with them. In afternoon I start clearing pass keys and update all the employee information. In evening I have to do audits of NVR switches and CCTV routers and attach all the reports at the end of my shift.
Partner Solutions Lead (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 1, 2013
Lots of opportunities presented to increase skill set. I worked varkous roles at this company. EMC provides employees with the skills to deal with customers of all sizes and requirements.
Great goup of people to work with!
Contracts Administrator (Former Employee), Franklin, MAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: lots of little perks
Cons: long hours at qtr end
Worked the trenches between the operations group and the sales reps. Responsibilities included accurate and timely input of orders to make sure sales reps were properly compensated and revenue was recognized. We had sales reps with million dollar orders and sales reps with thousand dollar orders. At crunch time - the operation folks wanted to process the large orders until the sales quota was achieved and "push off" the smaller orders until the next accounting period. I had to walk the fence to make sure all orders regardless of size were reported in the correct accounting period.
was a great place work
Computer Support Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 22, 2015
EMC challenge me, was able to train other support engneer in different country. learn many skill such as working computer and peripheral,
Hard driving quarterly driven sales company
Senior Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 22, 2015
Had driving culture. Current reorgs in the delivery organization have eliminated some great people who are now seeking new employment opportunities
Productive and a very fun place to work
Systems Engineer (Former Employee), LagosJanuary 21, 2015
The Culture is the most exciting thing, the non-relenting, never say no spirit of the great team is something I cherish.
Great Company
Desktop Support/Help Desk (Current Employee), Cary, NCJanuary 19, 2015
This Company is at the top of technology world and is growing fast! I have learned a lot from being employed here and the environment has been great as well.
Target & profit driven, Self-Motivated
Account Manager (Former Employee), IrelandJanuary 14, 2015
Achieved $1.1m revenue (183%) in the first 6 months against a target of $0.6m
Closed largest Storage deal for Q3 with Smoke & Mirrors for $690k.
Overachieved pipeline and conversion targets by 150% for Q2 & Q3 2013.
Successful, proof of concept for $500K + deals with Double Negative, ITFC.
Received the Deal of the Quarter Award for Q3 2013.
Developed $3m plus sales pipeline for Q1-Q2 2014.
Recognised as Top performer the EMC Induction Programme & product presentation.
Independently planned, managed white space accounts within my territory. Developed $3m plus sales pipeline for Q1-Q2 2014
Productive and orginized
Computer Tech / Contract (Former Employee), Apex, NCJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: weekly meetings & team functions
Cons: contracts
It has been a great learning experience. Within the first week I felt ahead of the game. The team I was a part of was very helpful and knowledgeable of the tasks I was responisble for. The entire building is very clean and orginized. It was a pleasure contracting with them.
Great employees that are dedicated and customer focused
Sr. Technical Support Manager (Former Employee), RTP, NCJanuary 13, 2015
EMC is a large company with many opportunities for employees. There are so many products and child companies within EMC that you have a wide range of opportunities to learn a new technology or advance in the technology you are in.
na
Middleware Platform Engineer (Current Employee), Southborough, MAJanuary 13, 2015
its great place to work.
learned lot from the team
co-workers more helping nature
Good place to work with lot of facilities
Software Developer Intern (Former Employee), Hopkinton, MAJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: good cafeteria
Cons: travelling time
It was fun to be part of EMC. Since I was there in summer lot of activities took place. Only travelling is the concern.
Gym is well equipped. cafeteria is really well maintained. Culture is cool. Lot of space
Overall good place to work with good compensation.
Driven to make sales
Isilon System Engineer (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJanuary 6, 2015
It is the largest storage company in the world for a reason, everything is focused on making the sale. A little to dog eat dog for my liking, else a great company, good management and great training available.
some day productive
System Technician (Current Employee), Apex, NCJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: payed comp days for contractors
Cons: slow on hiring for a position
some days productive work and other days no work and sitting around. we are here to do a job. so if there no work why are we here. You only come to work to do one thing and that to make money period.
A Nice company to work for
Sr. Business Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Richmon VaJanuary 5, 2015
This is a great company to work for and I enjoy my job. I would recommend working for this company.
VNX/VNX2, Clariion, VG/VG2, Celerra
Technical Support Engineer II (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAJanuary 5, 2015
Providing support in
• Assisting/supporting in configuration and deployment of Clariion, VNX and VNX2 array.
o Configuring of Block and File [NAS].
o Configuring of Storage – Storage pool/Raid Group, Storage pool for File, Lun, FAST Cache, boot from SAN, etc.
o Storage provisioning to host – LUN mapping/masking.
o Data Protection – SnapShot, SnapView, Replication - MirrorView, Clone, etc.
o Migration – SAN Copy
o NAS – Interface, Files system, NFS export, CIFS Server, File replication, User permission, CAVA, etc
• Assisting in managing and administration of Clariion, VNX and VNX2 array.
• Assisting in VNX Operating Environment upgrade and issue encountered during the upgrade
• Troubleshooting and resolving the issues with Clariion, VNX and VNX2 array.
o SP Collect analysis.
o Support materials analysis.
o Connectivity issue between Array – host.
o Issues related to SnapShot, SnapView, Replication, Clone.
o Issues related to SP’s, control station, datamover, etc.
o Troubleshooting and isolating issue related to hardware.
o Issues related to Unisphere.

Other skills:
• Knowledge and hands on experience on Cisco, Brocade SAN/Fabric Switches – Zoning.
• Knowledge and hands on experience with hosts related to storage – Windows, Linux, VMWare.
• Knowledge on Backup.

1 2 3 4 5

About EMC

EMC Corporation (EMC) and its subsidiaries develops, delivers and supports the information technology (IT) industry's range of – Read more