EMC

EMC Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good time
Intern (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 1, 2014
The whole experience was great. I have no complaints at all. pays well and lifestyle is great.
Not organized, pull from one job to another
HVAC Technician second year apprentice (Former Employee), Charlottetown, PEJuly 23, 2014
Pros: health benefits, supplied work clothing.
Cons: over time hours paid the same as regular work hours
Co-workers were very friendly and worked as a team, but managment were not organized. More work then what workers could handle therefore lost contracts.
Call Center.
Customer Support Technician (Former Employee), Burlington, ONJune 2, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no job security or benefits.
Took voice initiated customer/internal calls.

Limited breaks and being monitored by multiple managers.
Hard to get feed back on tasks from management.

Good co-workers to work with.

Constant non-confidential surveys (said to be confidential). Managers presenting and asking who wrote each survey.

Job was easy and understood most of the time.

No raises – more... or benefits after 3 years. No job security.
Advance to another department/studying was done with long hours and commute concluding in a 5:30am - 7pm/8pm days, with no extra pay. – less
Less than promised
Customer Support Technician (CST) (Former Employee), Burlington, ONApril 17, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: retards your career development
Entry level positions, little opportunity to advance if you're in Canada, even if you get EMC's Proven Professional Certifications.
Management is inexperienced and sloppy, micromanaged from the United States by a "Leadership Team" that is based outside of Boston.
Everyone is a temp contractor, they promise to hire people on, but it takes years (7+ on – more... average).
No raises, health benefits, sick days, vacation is 4% calculated on each pay. – less
very pressurizing, and must have multitasking skill with good speed.
Officer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 25, 2014
my day starts at 8am, I have to report 15 minutes before start time. it is extremly hectic in the morning hours, I have to monitor all the CCTV's and also help all the employee's with their access to campus by creating pass key for them. Meanwhile I also have to maintain contact with building operators and generate work orders for various contractors, – more... after that i have to flag all the work orders and access authorization with their respective orders. We also have celebrity escort very often, so I have to dispatch guards for them and also keep contact with them. In afternoon I start clearing pass keys and update all the employee information. In evening I have to do audits of NVR switches and CCTV routers and attach all the reports at the end of my shift. – less
Partner Solutions Lead (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 1, 2013
Lots of opportunities presented to increase skill set. I worked varkous roles at this company. EMC provides employees with the skills to deal with customers of all sizes and requirements.
Great Place to work
Associate Software Developer (Current Employee), Bangalore, KADecember 23, 2014
Pros: wfh option
Everyday is cool. Interacted with intellectuals and learning everyday. Co-workers are friendly.
great place to work
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES (Current Employee), Bangalore, KADecember 16, 2014
great place to work
its a pleasure to work here
lots and lots of scope for learning
Hard working and talented co-workers
Technical Documentation Program Manager (Former Employee), Park City, UTDecember 15, 2014
Pros: excellent pay and benefits
Cons: long hours and ever-increasing demands to do more with less
Long hours and high expectations balanced by work-life flexibility. Exceptional co-workers and great team environment. Working on a global team required odd working hours and demanded flexibility from employees across the team. Good pay and exceptional benefits!
funny entertainment facility such as massage chairs and ping pong table
technical support engineer (Current Employee), 上海市, 中国December 14, 2014
Pros: free fruits
Cons: no dining hall
this company provides good work-life balance, showing excellence in management and training program.
I learned a lot of technical knowledge from its training system.
EMC is a nice company to work for
SERVICE DELIVERY EXECUTIVE (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 9, 2014
Pros: entrepreneurial, good benefits, smart people
Cons: not a services based company so limited advancement opportunity
My day is spent working with customers and staff members to make sure that day to day service is delivered within expectations. I have learned details around storage and backup. I am lucky to work with many talented people including co-workers, customers and staff.
Productive place to work
Delivery Specialist (Current Employee), Bangalore, KADecember 3, 2014
Pros: trainings
Cons: salary
It is a productive place to work with a good work culture.
Many initiatives are taken on a regular basis for training the employees.
Best place to work
Project Deployment Lead (Current Employee), BangaloreNovember 18, 2014
Pros: no comments
Cons: no comments
EMC is the best place to work, Work culture and the facilities is good.
Good as a contract a more precarious situation as an employee
Schedule and Dispatch Agent (Former Employee), Draper, UTNovember 17, 2014
Pros: high pay $15/hr, great benefits, great co-workers
Cons: minmal management and training, unpredictable/unreliable schedule, high turn around
As a contractor my job was reliable, predictable and enjoyable. The month long training was excellent, my hours were always just as stated and I could always depend on my pay weekly.
As a full time employee, management was too overwhelmed to provide adequate training, we were understaffed and over worked, and therefore everyone was always on edge and – more... irritable. People were constantly being fired or would quit. Often I didn't get paid on my payday or my paycheck would be short. Work schedules were thrown together last minute and often there were discrepancies causing us to be short staffed. My experience here declined dramatically once I was promoted and given a pay raised and converted to a full time position due to the aforementioned issues. I eventually resigned for this reason. – less
fun place
Senior Analyst, Revenue Recognition, APJ (Former Employee), London, UKNovember 16, 2014
Pros: relaxed atmosphere
Cons: less scope for promotion
fun place
learnt a lot from different divisions in the business
team members were supportive
hardest part is getting promoted
lots of activities on a friday outside work
Great work culture
IT Project Management/Business Consultant/Analyst (Current Employee), Bangalore, KANovember 12, 2014
Great work culture, Great People.

Work Life Balance is excellent.

Feel home
very enjoyable
carpentry (Former Employee), Luton, ENGNovember 11, 2014
EMC is my own self employment company which I sub contracted mainly to jerram falkus who kept me in constant work for over six years
Enjoyable
Workers Compensation Claims Adjuster ll (Current Employee), Des Moines, IANovember 9, 2014
Great opportunity to learn

Relaxed atmosphere

Excellent medical benefits
EMC is a good place to work, good working environment, great benefits.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), BrentfordNovember 6, 2014
Cons: most employees are on fixed term contracts so emc do not really offer stability
EMC is a good place to work, good working environment, great benefits.
Professional Services Manager in the consulting group
Professional Services Engagement Manager (Former Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAOctober 31, 2014
EMC provides information technology data storage solutions. EMC is a leader in systems that store, protect, move, manage, and access Information Technology data.

1 2 3 4 5

About EMC

EMC Corporation (EMC) and its subsidiaries develops, delivers and supports the information technology (IT) industry's range of – Read more