EMC

EMC Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Not organized, pull from one job to another
HVAC Technician second year apprentice (Former Employee), Charlottetown, PEJuly 23, 2014
Pros: health benefits, supplied work clothing.
Cons: over time hours paid the same as regular work hours
Co-workers were very friendly and worked as a team, but managment were not organized. More work then what workers could handle therefore lost contracts.
Call Center.
Customer Support Technician (Former Employee), Burlington, ONJune 2, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no job security or benefits.
Took voice initiated customer/internal calls.

Limited breaks and being monitored by multiple managers.
Hard to get feed back on tasks from management.

Good co-workers to work with.

Constant non-confidential surveys (said to be confidential). Managers presenting and asking who wrote each survey.

Job was easy and understood most of the time.

No raises – more... or benefits after 3 years. No job security.
Advance to another department/studying was done with long hours and commute concluding in a 5:30am - 7pm/8pm days, with no extra pay. – less
Less than promised
Customer Support Technician (CST) (Former Employee), Burlington, ONApril 17, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: retards your career development
Entry level positions, little opportunity to advance if you're in Canada, even if you get EMC's Proven Professional Certifications.
Management is inexperienced and sloppy, micromanaged from the United States by a "Leadership Team" that is based outside of Boston.
Everyone is a temp contractor, they promise to hire people on, but it takes years (7+ on – more... average).
No raises, health benefits, sick days, vacation is 4% calculated on each pay. – less
very pressurizing, and must have multitasking skill with good speed.
Officer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 25, 2014
my day starts at 8am, I have to report 15 minutes before start time. it is extremly hectic in the morning hours, I have to monitor all the CCTV's and also help all the employee's with their access to campus by creating pass key for them. Meanwhile I also have to maintain contact with building operators and generate work orders for various contractors, – more... after that i have to flag all the work orders and access authorization with their respective orders. We also have celebrity escort very often, so I have to dispatch guards for them and also keep contact with them. In afternoon I start clearing pass keys and update all the employee information. In evening I have to do audits of NVR switches and CCTV routers and attach all the reports at the end of my shift. – less
Partner Solutions Lead (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 1, 2013
Lots of opportunities presented to increase skill set. I worked varkous roles at this company. EMC provides employees with the skills to deal with customers of all sizes and requirements.

About EMC

EMC Corporation (EMC) and its subsidiaries develops, delivers and supports the information technology (IT) industry's range of – Read more