EMC Employee Reviews in Canada

Old School Outlook on Future Facing Busineess
Lab Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 14, 2016
Slow to adapt in sector that changes rapidly.
Sometimes management and HR slow down what should be quick processes.

On the plus, people are nice, atmosphere was great. Nothing but good things to say about the people, we were all working around clumsy company policy.
Pros
Massage Chair
Cons
Slow traversal of management chain for small questions and approvals
Na
Implementation Delivery Specialist (Current Employee) –  New DelhiDecember 2, 2015
A typical day starts with planned assignments with customer and at the end I feel happy if customer is contended. Some times it difficult to manage with colliding customer meetings.
It is an interestig place to work.
Senior SAP QA Consultant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONNovember 2, 2015
It is an interesting place to work.
It can be hectic and be very challenging to balance work with a family. The QA unit where I worked had a lot of work load and dead lines to meet. You find the QA staff performing testing on various platforms simultaneously for different software releases and platforms.
There is a gym for employees and consultants. I would say above all that it is a nice place to work.
Great salary and benefits
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 19, 2015
Great salary, great benefits, great travel opportunities, great networking opportunities.

Poor work life balance, and can be very stressful.
Fun, easy and great people
Newspaper Boy (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONOctober 5, 2015
It was easy to do and only required one day a week ether on Wednesday or Thursday. The people there were also friendly and respected one another.
Pros
Easy, Fun
Cons
Fun Place to work family life balance
Technical Support Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONAugust 18, 2015
great place to work to learn new technologies long hours family work life balance.
colleagues assist on cases when needed very helpful, training is not much you have to learn on your own
Great place to learn, challenging pace, never a dull moment
Director, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 23, 2015
I learned and grew more at EMC than I would have any where else. My career is where it is today due to the opportunities EMC presented me during my 20 years there.
Pros
Career advancement
Cons
24x7 type job. Difficult to separate work and life
Great cluture
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  cairoMay 12, 2015
I was lucky to be working for a company like EMC where you get to learn a lot, in regards to both technology and business.

The company invest a lot in the technical development of its people, and also have good benefits.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
less work life balance
Positive Attitude towards work and people
Owner/operator (Current Employee) –  Kitimat Modernization ProjectJanuary 27, 2015
Early to rise and always positive. Cool in pressure situations. Hardest part of the day is learning how to deal with each individual.
Seeing your efforts come to fruition with the crew and having a positive safety culture develop.
Good time
Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 1, 2014
The whole experience was great. I have no complaints at all. pays well and lifestyle is great.
Not organized, pull from one job to another
HVAC Technician second year apprentice (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PEJuly 23, 2014
Co-workers were very friendly and worked as a team, but managment were not organized. More work then what workers could handle therefore lost contracts.
Pros
health benefits, supplied work clothing.
Cons
over time hours paid the same as regular work hours
Call Center.
Customer Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONJune 2, 2014
Took voice initiated customer/internal calls.

Limited breaks and being monitored by multiple managers.
Hard to get feed back on tasks from management.

Good co-workers to work with.

Constant non-confidential surveys (said to be confidential). Managers presenting and asking who wrote each survey.

Job was easy and understood most of the time.

No raises or benefits after 3 years. No job security.
Advance to another department/studying was done with long hours and commute concluding in a 5:30am - 7pm/8pm days, with no extra pay.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no job security or benefits.
Less than promised
Customer Support Technician (CST) (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONApril 17, 2014
Entry level positions, little opportunity to advance if you're in Canada, even if you get EMC's Proven Professional Certifications.
Management is inexperienced and sloppy, micromanaged from the United States by a "Leadership Team" that is based outside of Boston.
Everyone is a temp contractor, they promise to hire people on, but it takes years (7+ on average).
No raises, health benefits, sick days, vacation is 4% calculated on each pay.
Pros
easy job
Cons
retards your career development
very pressurizing, and must have multitasking skill with good speed.
Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 25, 2014
my day starts at 8am, I have to report 15 minutes before start time. it is extremly hectic in the morning hours, I have to monitor all the CCTV's and also help all the employee's with their access to campus by creating pass key for them. Meanwhile I also have to maintain contact with building operators and generate work orders for various contractors, after that i have to flag all the work orders and access authorization with their respective orders. We also have celebrity escort very often, so I have to dispatch guards for them and also keep contact with them. In afternoon I start clearing pass keys and update all the employee information. In evening I have to do audits of NVR switches and CCTV routers and attach all the reports at the end of my shift.
Partner Solutions Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 1, 2013
Lots of opportunities presented to increase skill set. I worked varkous roles at this company. EMC provides employees with the skills to deal with customers of all sizes and requirements.