EMC Corporation

EMC Corporation Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Not organized, pull from one job to another
HVAC Technician second year apprentice (Former Employee), Charlottetown, PEJuly 23, 2014
Pros: health benefits, supplied work clothing.
Cons: over time hours paid the same as regular work hours
Co-workers were very friendly and worked as a team, but managment were not organized. More work then what workers could handle therefore lost contracts.
Call Center.
Customer Support Technician (Former Employee), Burlington, ONJune 2, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no job security or benefits.
Took voice initiated customer/internal calls.

Limited breaks and being monitored by multiple managers.
Hard to get feed back on tasks from management.

Good co-workers to work with.

Constant non-confidential surveys (said to be confidential). Managers presenting and asking who wrote each survey.

Job was easy and understood most of the time.

No raises – more... or benefits after 3 years. No job security.
Advance to another department/studying was done with long hours and commute concluding in a 5:30am - 7pm/8pm days, with no extra pay. – less
Less than promised
Customer Support Technician (CST) (Former Employee), Burlington, ONApril 17, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: retards your career development
Entry level positions, little opportunity to advance if you're in Canada, even if you get EMC's Proven Professional Certifications.
Management is inexperienced and sloppy, micromanaged from the United States by a "Leadership Team" that is based outside of Boston.
Everyone is a temp contractor, they promise to hire people on, but it takes years (7+ on – more... average).
No raises, health benefits, sick days, vacation is 4% calculated on each pay. – less
very pressurizing, and must have multitasking skill with good speed.
Officer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 25, 2014
my day starts at 8am, I have to report 15 minutes before start time. it is extremly hectic in the morning hours, I have to monitor all the CCTV's and also help all the employee's with their access to campus by creating pass key for them. Meanwhile I also have to maintain contact with building operators and generate work orders for various contractors, – more... after that i have to flag all the work orders and access authorization with their respective orders. We also have celebrity escort very often, so I have to dispatch guards for them and also keep contact with them. In afternoon I start clearing pass keys and update all the employee information. In evening I have to do audits of NVR switches and CCTV routers and attach all the reports at the end of my shift. – less
Partner Solutions Lead (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 1, 2013
Lots of opportunities presented to increase skill set. I worked varkous roles at this company. EMC provides employees with the skills to deal with customers of all sizes and requirements.
Extremely driven company
Advisory Technology Consultant OSpecialist (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CASeptember 16, 2014
Pros: great bonuses for great performance
Cons: sometimes can be too business oriented and missing some fun
EMC is a fast paced company with growth ambition, organically and through M&A.
Every day was different, never boring and most of the employees are stellar performers.
If there is a blemish on their record is the lack of diversity at the top executive level.
Great Job Culture
Senior System Engineer (Current Employee), Durham, NCSeptember 13, 2014
Job Work/Life balance
Great Technology
Great Training Opportunity
Fun place to work
The only downside in my opinion is the management, too much politics.
Seemed like a decent place to work
Hardware Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Hopkinton, MASeptember 9, 2014
Pros: cheap lunch, free coffee
Cons: kind of boring
I was only an Intern at this job so things wernt so exciting. However I could see all of the very interesting things going on. I wouldnt mind working at EMC again.
Lots of new technology
Senior Storage Operation Specialist (Current Employee), New YorkSeptember 5, 2014
Good trainings for every quarter internal or external.
Well experienced people to work.
Flexible time.
Out of Collage first job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: great growth
Cons: the commute
EMC is a great place to get your foot in the door. I was originally was hired as the administrative assistant to the district administrator but quickly I showed potential and was additional duties were assigned.

By the end of my time with EMC I had: assisted all district managers, administrators and technical writers. Along with my every day task of – more... being the assistant to the district administrator, office manger, and fill in receptionist. – less
Great Company
Financial Analyst in Financial Planning & Analysis (Current Employee), Hopkinton, MASeptember 3, 2014
I am currently in my third year of employment as a Financial Analyst on the Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis team at EMC. EMC is a great company to work for, and puts an emphasis on career development.
Review
EMC/EMI Test Engineer (Current Employee), Fullerton, CASeptember 3, 2014
I like this company, The stuff is very friendly and kind.
Also love their benefits and health insurance.
feel proud to work with such a company
Configuration Manager (Current Employee), Bangalore, KASeptember 2, 2014
Its great pleasure in my company. My management given me a lot of chance to explore my self. I enjoyed every moment in working. And i learned a so many things here.
Great Company
Safety Consultant (Former Employee), Sturtevant, WISeptember 1, 2014
Pros: salary with benefits, and car
Great opportunity for my 1st career job, after working after my internship @ Golden Books which was 3 mos. and turned in 9 more mos. totally 1 year.
My day usually began meeting @ the office for meeting beginning around 8am, as the days events varied, on the road a lot doing asbestos abatement project throughout southeast Wisconsin school systems. I – more... had good understanding of the all Safety issues fresh out of school and implementing all Golden Books federal, state and local safety programs.
My co-workers and management consisting of 7 employees including myself who were all graduates in the OccupationaL Safety program at UW-Whitewater and founded this consulting firm in Lake Mills.
The job had no difficulties, because I was doing what I enjoy, however if there was any hardships was the timelines and deadlines in the contracts.
This was a dream job in this field because I had an office, I was always doing something different on a daily basis, never getting bored and always being challenged. – less
Second worst place I've worked
Software developer (Current Employee), Seattle, WAAugust 30, 2014
Pros: free beer
Cons: low pay
EMC is cheap & refuse to compensate their talent appropriately. Hiring & retention are both serious issues. Some nice people & innovative technology, but management is largely clueless.
Great Place to work.
IT Support Technician (Current Employee), Cork, CAugust 29, 2014
A typical work is very busy. You check the Database for tickets logged from the previous night or left over from the day before. These tickets will contain different issues clients are having with their systems, be it hardware or software. What I have learned is haw to put a client back on the domain with they are knocked off. How to reset a clients – more... profile when they have a problem logging in. I was taught how to use Active Directory,and Microsoft Communicator.

I am currently working as an intern until September 5th 2014. – less
No real direction
Consultant (Current Employee), Draper, UTAugust 27, 2014
Pros: great insurance
Cons: work life, management is lost
Management is lost. Bad projects are coming down the pipe. Management has no care about retaining great resources.
•a typical day at work
Regional Manager/Facilities Manager (Former Employee), O'Fallon, MOAugust 27, 2014
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
One of the best companies I have ever worked for
Level 1 Technician (Former Employee), Franklin, MAAugust 22, 2014
An amazing company and and amazing place to work. An amazing company and and amazing place to work. An amazing company and and amazing place to work. An amazing company and and amazing place to work. An amazing company and and amazing place to work. An amazing company and and amazing place to work. An amazing company and and amazing place to work.
Good Benefits, poor job security
Account Service Representative (Former Employee), Lisle, ILAugust 19, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: everything else
If they can outsource or contract the position out they will

1 2 3 4 5

About EMC Corporation

EMC has its head in the cloud. And rightly so for a company that's helping businesses build Web-based computing systems with its – Read more

EMC Corporation Photos