$43,468 - $55,728
Temporary Assignment/Secondment to March 28, 2013
The Office of the Chief Electoral Officer, Operations Division, is seeking an enthusiastic individual to support the PREO (Permanent Register of Electors for Ontario) by providing GIS, mapping, data processing and field support services. You will:
- use a computer workstation, GIS software, database and other related technology to maintain the data related to PREO;
- compile, process and apply data or/and processes against PREO, and ensure the validity, relevance, quality and coverage of the data within PREO;
- prepare, generate and supply data, and event and non-event PREO products in print and electronic form;
- provide support and guidance regarding PREO information, products and services to PREO clients, including Elections Ontario staff, partner agencies, election officials and their staff;
- perform quality control checks on event and non-event PREO data and products;
- troubleshoot data errors, omissions, conflicts or inconsistencies; and
- respond to general and technical telephone inquiries from the Returning Officers and their staff regarding information for an electoral event or as required.
- demonstrated knowledge of and experience in the application of data and database management software and peripherals to operate a workstation for the processing, maintenance and dissemination of data and products;
- knowledge of and experience applying GIS, mapping/cartographic terminology and tools in an automated geographic environment;
- ability to understand the relationship between elector, addresses and physical geography with respect to their function in a permanent register;
- strong written and oral communication skills; and
- experience dealing with stakeholders, clients and members of the public.
Please submit your resume with a covering letter, quoting File #EO-2012-37 to be received no later than Thursday, November 1, 2012 to Elections Ontario, 51 Rolark Drive, Scarborough, Ontario M1R 3B1. Fax: 416-326-6210 or via e-mail. Resumes must be submitted as attachments only and must be in MS Word (.doc), PDF (.pdf) or Rich Text (.txt) format.
While we appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all applicants for their submissions.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Posting: October 18, 2012
Indeed - 18 months ago