Category : Business System Design Consultant
Location/City : AB - Edmonton
Job Type : Contract
Rate : $60/HR
Start Date - April 1, 2013
End Date - Mar 31, 2014
Mandatory Qualifications that must be met by the proposed Business System Design Consultant include:
- I.T. related University Degree and/or NAIT or SAIT IT Diploma or demonstrated equivalencies.
- Minimum five years demonstrated overall experience in performing business system analysis/design, and software integration/implementation within an Information Technology environment, preferably web-services developments.
- Demonstrated applied knowledge of project management and business analysis.
- Demonstrating skills in:
- Model-based (object-oriented) development experience
- Creating a project plans
- Iterative software delivery processes, preferably model-based
- Managing workshops with results orientated outcomes
- Creation of functional design documents
- Time management
- Status Reporting
- Experience in performing applications migrations and data conversion/mapping duties
- Demonstrated applied knowledge of XML, UML, web-services development or similar applications integration tools.
- Demonstrated experience with software delivery processes and tools, preferably model-based
- Demonstrated experience using object-oriented technology
In addition, the following desirable qualifications will be given consideration in the evaluation of proposals:
1. Previous experience with software development and deployment related to the following application areas:
a. Inventory Management Systems
b. Permit Management Systems
c. Financial Systems
d. Contracting and Procurement Systems
e. Vendor Registry Systems
f. Case File Management Systems
2. Experience and understanding of application modelling and prototyping.
3. Experience using recent versions of Sybase Power Designer tool
4. Certification CCBA®, CBAP®,PMP
5. Experience using recent versions of IBM Rational Quality Manager
The City of Edmonton is strongly committed to providing the best services to all Edmontonians, including those with special needs.