EDM is a planning consulting firm located in Halifax, Nova Scotia. The firm was established in 1993 to bring a collaborative and multi-disciplinary approach to development projects. From humble beginnings, EDM is now the lead consultant on many of Atlantic Canada’s largest and most complex planning and development assignments. These include Dartmouth Crossing (from 2003 to present), the largest retail complex in Atlantic Canada which is now expanding to include an office campus and residential housing; Kings Wharf (from 2006 to present) a 1500-unit mixed use residential, institutional and commercial redevelopment project heralded by the Globe and Mail as one of the best new developments in Canada; and, Forest Lakes Country Club (since 2007), an 1800-unit resort masterplan including a Nicklaus golf course, village centre, and significant recreational amenities. EDM’s projects are some of the largest development projects in Atlantic Canada, and this position represents the opportunity to participate in this exciting work.
EDM currently has an opening for a Senior Landscape Architect/Urban Designer. The ideal candidate will be committed to providing outstanding landscape architecture services, focused primarily on urban design and development concepts as well as master plan preparation.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture/Urban Design.
- Minimum of 7 years experience in a progressively challenging and creative landscape architecture design role.
- Desire to work on large, complex projects.
- Diverse project experience and excellent design and technical skills from master plans through concept design.
- Experience in all aspects of design and construction is an asset.
- Solid background in environmental protection and sustainable design innovation; LEED AP or other relevant credentials would be an asset.
- Excellent communications and organizational skills.
- Proficiency with Vectorworks, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Photoshop, Adobe CS and other imaging/design software would be an asset.
Responsibilities to include:
- Involvement in a wide range of projects including master plans, urban design, and commercial development.
- Planning and design of various projects elements, from master plans and visioning to planting plans, site layout, grading and environmental design.
- Overseeing design and construction, and administering projects and contracts.
- Production of written documents such as feasibility studies.
- Collaborating with management and team members on project proposals, feasibility studies, etc.
- Collaborating with partner landscape architects, planners and engineers in executing multi-disciplinary projects.
- Providing guidance and mentoring to junior technical staff.
- Participating in community meetings and workshops as required.
Qualified candidates should send their applications with CVs to EDM at info[at]edm.ca
EDM offers competitive compensation, vacation and medical benefits in a dynamic and collegial working environment. For more information on our firm, visit our website: www.edm.ca.