ECOWATCH CANADA- Toronto
Ecowatch Canada is a non-for-profit environmental organization founded in 2008, aimed to enhance the development of environmental-friendly projects within our community. Founded by a group of young professionals from a variety of industries, we believe that education is the backbone to inspire and explore an environmentally sustainable future for our future generations.
We are seeking a Junior Graphics Design Intern who is passionate about helping the environment and giving back to the community. The position is unpaid and is offered to post-secondary students, as well as recent graduates
The Junior Graphics Design Intern will have the opportunity to learn about marketing, fundraising in the non-for-profit industry and project management all the while working with an experience team of highly dedicated professionals. Through this internship experience experience, the successful candidate will develop strong leadership skills, writing skills and environmental awareness that he/she can bring to any job in the future.
- Collaborate in the creation of online campaigns, online creative elements and contests.
- Assist in drafting designs for print material such as brochures and posters as needed.
- Sourcing and sizing images in Photoshop.
- Enrolled in a graphics design program or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Indesign.
- Knowledge of Flash and Dreamweaver is a plus.
- Must be responsible, personable and have the ability to work with others.
- A strong interest in the environment is a definite plus.
- Professional development in a challenging environment that prepares interns for full-time employment.
- Post-secondary credit if educational institution permits or hours can be put towards your work placement program.
- Great experience to put on Resume.
To apply, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to us by May 1st, 2013. In your cover letter, please state why you would like to intern with EcoWatch Canada and how this aligns to your career goals and objectives.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank-you.