ECOWATCH CANADA- Toronto
EcoWatch Canada is a non-for-profit environmental organization founded in 2008, aimed to enhance the development of environmental-friendly projects within our community. Founded by a group of young professionals from a variety of industries, we believe that education is the backbone to inspire and explore an environmentally sustainable future for our future generations.
We are seeking a Intern Writer who is passionate about helping the environment and giving back to the community. The position is unpaid and is offered to post-secondary students, as well as recent graduates
The Intern Writer will have the opportunity to learn about marketing, fundraising in the non-for-profit industry and project management all the while working with an experience team of highly dedicated professionals. Through this internship experience experience, the successful candidate will develop strong leadership skills, writing skills and environment awareness that he/she can bring to any job in the future.
- Writing content for our website.
- Creating engaging articles regarding the environment.
- Administrative assistance may be required.
- A deadline oriented approach to work.
- Previous blogging, creative writing or article-length writing experience required.
- Strong English language and grammar skills.
- A strong interest in writing about the environment is a definite plus.
- *Please provide two writing samples in your application.
- Professional development in a challenging environment that prepares interns for full-time employment.
- Post-secondary credit if educational institution permits or hours can be put towards your work placement program.
- Great experience to put on Resume.
To apply, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to us by May 1st, 2013. In your cover letter, please state why you would like to intern with EcoWatch Canada and how this aligns to your career goals and objectives.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank-you.