We’re looking for a talented Application Developer who is ambitious, self-motivated and likes to be challenged. The successful candidate will become a key member of a talented team who build scalable and reliable solutions for internal and external clients. The primary function of this role is to provide technical support for existing products as well as assist in the design and implementation of new products.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Play an active role in all aspects of the development cycle.
- Develop solid Object Oriented code.
- Provide support for existing products including the ECO Canada website.
- Work well in a team environment as well as independently on projects.
- Bring new and creative ideas to the IT team.
- Holds an Application development Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- A strong understanding of object oriented (OO) code
- Experience working within a Windows environment
- 2 - 4 years of experience building Web applications using HTML, VB.NET, AJAX, ASP.NET,
- 2 – 4 years of experience working with MS SQL, stored procedures , T-SQL statements
- Strong creative problem-solving ability
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Is an excellent team player who leads by example with hard work and a can-do attitude
Who we are:
ECO Canada is the country's largest online resource for environmental jobs, training and certification. Since its foundation in 1992 as an industry-led, not-for-profit organization, ECO Canada has kept its finger on the pulse of the environmental sector through labour market research, hosting Canada's largest environmental job board, and providing a wide variety of resources to help professionals explore, find and advance their environmental careers.
Deadline - 10 May 2013
Indeed - 23 months ago