EBA, A Tetra Tech Company (EBA), is a consulting engineering and sciences firm based primarily in western and northern Canada. Over the last forty years, we have grown to a size that allows us to provide a diverse range of engineering and environmental consulting services to clients in the public and private sectors. Although we assist our parent company in its global focus and growth, EBA balances this with a specialist knowledge of the local market and client base.
The Edmonton office of EBA is seeking intermediate and senior geotechnical/geological engineers to join our team. Project responsibilities include geotechnical analyses and development of geotechnical recommendations and specifications for several prestigious major projects currently underway. You will be working with our team of recognized industry experts in the fields of seismic analysis and geotechnical engineering. On occasion your expertise may be needed by our parent company Tetra Tech on some of their challenging international projects.
You will assist the Edmonton practice manager in managing work schedules, controlling budgets and mentoring junior members of the team and have the following typical skill set:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in civil or geological engineering.
- An MA.Sc. or M.Eng. degree in geotechnical engineering is preferred.
- Five or more years of relevant engineering experience is preferred. Experience in geotechnical reconnaissance and site characterization is essential. Ten or more years of experience is preferred for the senior position although particular experience will be taken into consideration.
- Proven capabilities in planning and supervising geotechnical investigations and in writing reports and technical communications.
- Strong all-round academic knowledge of geotechnical engineering.
- Experience with engineering design software will be an advantage.
- Experience or aptitude for proposal writing, client development, working in a team setting to meet timelines and other skills appropriate to consulting.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer in Alberta.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Strong people skills and an ability to work in a multidisciplinary team environment.
Travel will be required in this position, and candidates must be prepared to undertake field assignments, generally throughout western Canada. Senior applicants presently residing outside Canada and meeting the above requirements will be considered. EBA has assisted such candidates in the past in moving and emigrating to Canada.
In addition to a competitive salary, we provide a generous benefit package and shareholding opportunities in our parent company Tetra Tech