Job Title: Service Desk Analyst
Working Title: Service Desk Consultant
Reports To: Client Services Manager
Location: This position is based out of our Calgary office
Business Area: Business Solutions
Date Created: August 14, 2013
The Service Desk Analyst provides exceptional telephone, remote and on-site technical support to our clients in collaboration with fellow Co-Workers. A background in Microsoft based environments with strong desktop skills and some server and network skills is preferred. The Service Desk Analyst Enjoys a fast paced environment, communicates effectively over the phone and is passionate about providing a great client experience.
E.S. Williams & Associates Inc.
ESW is an established IT Consulting Firm providing end to end IT services and solutions to small, midsized, and enterprise businesses. At ESW, we are focused on helping clients achieve their goals to drive strategic business value from IT. By combining our industry experience, technical expertise, proven implementation methodologies with the right infrastructure and tools — we can decrease costs and complexity and increase IT innovation. ESW proudly promotes its Core Values of Courageous Spirit, Servant Heart, and Fun Attitude.
- The Service Desk Analyst will receive exposure in the following areas:
o Troubleshooting desktops, servers and networks
o Interacting regularly with clients via phone and email
o Monitoring managed services clients
o Troubleshooting and repairing client systems brought into office
o Participating in an afterhours on-call rotation with other technical team members
o Providing on-site client support to specified clients
o Ongoing Professional Development – utilize information from web-based resources, colleagues, technical training courses and conferences, and computer-related publications to assess new products and developments in the IT industry.
- Additional duties as required to support the business or team
- Analysts will come into contact with customers from all industries, these contacts can include:
o Administration staff / middle management
o Executive management
o Physicians, allied health professionals
o Other consultants with different skillsets
o Other technology vendors and service providers
- This role requires exceptional communication skills, excellent time management skills and an ability to work with geographically dispersed teams.
- Fast paced, service desk environment
- On-site engagements with various client stakeholders.
- Professional Development is available for all team members - information from online resources, colleagues, training courses, certification training and conferences.
- This role can be physically demanding at times in regards to carrying, setting up and servicing of hardware weighing up to 50 lbs. in a variety of office environments.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- One to three years’ experience in a technical support role. For example, help desk or computer/network support and troubleshooting role.
- Post-Secondary education in a computer related discipline such as a Computer Engineering Technology diploma. Alternatively, an appropriate combination of education and experience would be considered
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written English skills and be able to communicate clearly with clients by phone, in person and in writing
- A+, MCSE, MCITP and other industry certifications are desirable
- Ability to remain calm and work efficiently in stressful circumstances
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- No co-workers report to the Service Desk Analyst
- Background checks and other assessments are a requirement of employment.
Compensation for this role will be based on the successful applicant’s qualifications and experience.
To apply or to view all job postings, click the Careers tab on our website www.eswilliams.com
In your cover letter, kindly include:
- Where you saw this position advertised
- If you were referred to this position, the name of the ESW co-worker who referred you.
Only applicants eligible to work in Canada will be considered.