Job Title: IT Consultant - Senior
Working Title: Sr. IT Consultant
Reports To: Service Delivery Manager
Business Area: Business Solutions
Date Created: Feb 12th 2013
E.S. Williams & Associates Inc.
ESW is an established IT Consulting Firm providing end to end IT services and solutions to small, midsized, and enterprise businesses. At ESW, we are focused on helping clients achieve their goals to drive strategic business value from IT. By combining our industry experience, technical expertise, proven implementation methodologies with the right infrastructure and tools — we can decrease costs and complexity and increase IT innovation. ESW proudly promotes its Core Values of Courageous Spirit, Servant Heart, and Fun Attitude.
This is a Senior level IT Consultant position, and will be ideal for one who enjoys a consultative approach to solving problems with a passion for providing an exceptional client experience. ESW IT Consultants enjoy a fun, fast paced, highly supportive team environment that offers rapid skill growth through exposure to a multitude of IT and Business technologies.
- Consultants will receive exposure in the following areas:
o IT infrastructure design, implementation, and support
o Setup/configure/deploy/troubleshoot, servers, networks, desktops, mobile devices (on site and in the cloud), with a focus on utilizing technology to achieve business objectives
o Project implementation and planning
o Business Analyst engagement
o Provide on-site client support to specified clients
o Consult with clients on how IT solutions can support their business
o Identify and present improvement areas within our customers’ businesses
o Work with new technologies (SharePoint, Lync, Hyper-V, Office 365)
o Solve complex problems
o Plan/Implement small to complex projects
o Self manage day to day IT needs of assigned premium clients with complex environments and/or advanced technologies.
- Will take day-to-day direction from the IT Consultant Lead
- Mentor and coach other technical team members in researching and resolving issues and implementing industry best practices
- Communicate effectively with clients and co-workers and are passionate about providing a great client experience
- Consultants will come into contact with customers from all industries, these contacts can include:
o Administration staff / middle management
o Executive management
o Physicians, Allied health professionals, Professional Unions & Associations, Non-profits
o Other consultants with different skillsets
o Other technology vendors
- This role can be physically demanding at times in regards to carrying, setting up and servicing of hardware weighing up to 50 lbs. in a variety of office environments.
- This role requires good time management skills and an ability to work with minimal supervision
- On-Site Response: Consultants will spend much of their time onsite working with clients
- Professional Development is available for all team members – information from online resources, colleagues, training courses, certification training and conferences
- Competitive Benefits and Bonus package offered
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 6+ years of experience in a client-facing, technical support/consulting role.
- A background in Microsoft based environments, with strong Server and Network Skills
- Experience in the following areas:
o Windows Server 2003/2008/2008R2/2012
o Microsoft Exchange 2003/2007/2010
o Microsoft SQL 2005/2008, SharePoint, Terminal Services, Citrix
o Microsoft Office 365
o Virtualization Hyper-V, VMware
o Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity
o Advanced knowledge of networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN)
- Post-secondary education in a computer related discipline is desirable.
- MCP, MCTS, MCSE, MCITP, CSSA, CCNA, CCA, CCAA, and other industry certifications are desirable
- Alternatively, an appropriate combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- The ability to work well as part of a team
- No co-workers report to the Sr. IT Consultant
- Compensation for this job will be based on the successful applicant’s qualifications and experience.
- Background checks and other assessments are conditions of employment.
To apply or to view all job postings, click the Careers tab on our website www.eswilliams.com
In your cover letter, kindly include:
- Where you saw this position advertised
- If you were referred to this position, the name of the ESW co-worker who referred you.
Only applicants eligible to work in Canada will be considered.