Job Title: IT Field Services Consultant (Temporary with possibility of becoming Permanent)
Working Title: IT Field Services Consultant
Reports To: Service Delivery Manager
Location: Candidates will preferably be from the Calgary or Edmonton area and will be providing support at various client sites within Western Canada
Business Area: Field Solutions
Date Created: Dec 17, 2012
E.S. Williams & Associates Inc.
ESW is an established IT Consulting Firm providing end to end IT services and solutions to small, midsized, and enterprise businesses. At ESW, we are focused on helping clients achieve their goals to drive strategic business value from IT. By combining our industry experience, technical expertise, proven implementation methodologies with the right infrastructure and tools — we can decrease costs and complexity and increase IT innovation.
- Supporting our Client in the roll out of Outlook 2010 in a Enterprise Environment. Assist our clients by working on a variety of IT-related projects, providing additional or backfill coverage when required, and providing hardware, infrastructure, and/or application support functions in the field. Support can be expected to be provided both in person as well as remotely.
- This is a temporary position with a 6 month term, and there is potential to become a permanent position.
- Work may include deployment and support of hardware and/or applications, break-fix support, solutioning and troubleshooting, as well as other related tasks required for the assigned role.
- These functions may be performed in a team environment or independently, depending on the location and the requirements of the work being performed. These functions may be performed with support and assistance from other dedicated support teams (such as infrastructure or application support groups) in Calgary.
- Client Infrastructure Groups – These individuals may assist with ongoing operational and project-related work
- Client Project Managers and/or Business Analysts - These individuals may provide direction regarding ongoing project-related activities
- Clients in the field - Your daily contact will be with the individuals working at the client's field sites
- Other members of the ESW team
- This position will require the successful candidate to stay in a client-provided camps or hotels on a regular basis
- This position will require the successful candidate to travel extensively
- Camps supplied by the client have a zero tolerance policy regarding drugs and alcohol (dry camps)
- This position requires the successful candidate to be physically capable of lifting up to 70 lbs.
- The successful candidate must be capable of operating a motor vehicle and have a clean driver’s abstract
- Schedule will vary depending on location being supported
- Unscheduled or after hours support may be occasionally required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of MS Windows OS, MS Office products with a focus on Outlook deployment, PC hardware, networking, printers, personal wireless devices, and remote access (Citrix, RSA, VPN) are required
- Supervision of third-party contractors performing IT-related installations or maintenance may be required
- Post-secondary education in a computer related discipline such as a Computer Engineering Technology diploma and at least 2 years’ experience in a technical support role OR an appropriate combination of education and experience required
- MCITP, MCSE, N+, A+, and PDI+ certifications are desirable
- Experience working within ticketing/tracking software is desirable
- Point to Point Wireless experience, app virtualization knowledge, project coordination experience, and system deployment knowledge would be useful skills for the candidate to possess
- Telephone, fax, data, and wireless radio communications support for remote facilities and offices may be required
- Network and fiber optic cable installation and termination experience are desirable
- Candidate must be client focused and possess excellent client service skills
- Excellent verbal and written English skills are required
- Candidates must be capable of working well both as part of a team as well as independently
- Candidates will be required to work efficiently under pressure and remain calm in stressful circumstances
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills are required
- Candidates must possess high ethical standards and be trustworthy
- Candidates must have the ability to think logically and be capable of analyze complex problems
- No co-workers report to the Field Services Consultant
- Oil and Gas industry experience preferred
- Background checks and other assessments are a requirement of employment
- Require safety certifications include First Aid, H2S, and WHMIS. These must be obtained prior to traveling to any client field sites. Other safety certifications may be required by certain clients.
To apply or to view all job postings, click the Careers tab on our website www.eswilliams.com
In your cover letter, kindly include:
- Where you saw this position advertised
- If you were referred to this position, the name of the ESW co-worker who referred you.
Indeed - 14 months ago
At E.S. Williams and Associates, we recognize that there are numerous businesses in Alberta that have less than 50 people in their...