CONTRACT POSITION (1 year)
Analytical Team – GC specialist
Located at DuPont Canada, Research & Development Centre
E. I. du Pont Canada Company, a diversified science company, provides a wide variety of innovative products for direct consumer applications and manufacturing, construction, oil & gas, agriculture and high technology markets. There is a need for additional staff at DuPont’s Research & Development Centre in Kingston and there is a contract position available to support the Centre’s Analytical Team. There is a possibility of this becoming a permanent position with DuPont.
The successful candidate will have the following general responsibilities:
- Work within a multi-disciplinary analytical team which is focused on supporting chemical process technology research and development.
- Participate in the various stages of technology R&D, from concept through process demonstration and product development, to commercialization.
- Work in a business-driven environment that is continuously improving and evolving to meet the changing needs of our customers.
The successful candidate will have a solid educational background and experience in chemical analysis. The individual will have strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability and desire to be an effective team member and able to provide coaching and guidance to other personnel. As R&D project work evolves, flexibility will be required in terms of willingness to take on different work and, at times, to be flexible in work schedules.
Skill / Experience Requirements:
- Community college diploma (3 year) in Chemical Engineering or Environmental Engineering or B.Sc. in Chemistry
- Research experience, specifically in GC method development
- Experience in operating, troubleshooting and maintenance of gas chromatographs, including different data systems
- Knowledgeable of other common chemical analytical techniques
- Knowledgeable in organic chemistry
- Experience in mass spectrometry would be an asset.
As this is a contract position, there is no allowance provided for relocation expenses.
The initial term of employment will be for 12 months at a rate of $24.00 - $29.00 / hour, depending on educational background and relevant experience (at an average of 37.5 hours/week). The successful applicant will be employed by a third party contract agency on behalf of DuPont.
For more information about DuPont, please check out their website at http://www.dupont.com/
To apply for this position, please email your resume’ and cover letter. Please put “Research Technologist – Analytical” in the Subject line of your email so that we can easily find your resume’.