Looking for a challenging opportunity to make a difference?
DuPont is seeking energetic & highly motivated Bachelor degree candidates majoring in Engineering or Science who aspire to become the next generation of technical sales representatives & future sales leaders.
Come Join Us as a Sales Associate in the DuPont Commercial Development Program!
DuPont Commerical Development Program
As a member of the DuPont Commercial Development Program you will develop commercial business skills and gain exposure to a variety of sales disciplines through challenging assignments in three of DuPont’s 13 business units. The program is designed as a three-year rotational experience where you will complete several assignments in different industry and market segments for DuPont Business Units lasting approximately 12-15 months each. The position is based out of Mississauga, ON.
As a member of the Marketing & Sales Effectiveness (MSE) team, the successful candidate will be an integral part of a dynamic team environment leading and executing high value assignments for three of DuPont’s 13 Business Units using Sales Best Practices and approaches. The candidate will be accountable to deliver growth and/or project improvements with our valued customers in new or existing markets.
The mandate of the MSE team in Canada is to work in partnership with our businesses to execute assignments that will generate growth through the use of advanced sales and marketing processes. Sales Associates are responsible for identifying and engaging target customers in key market segments, validating value propositions, building relationships and servicing new and existing customers, as well as working in partnership with our valued customers to identify appropriate solutions.
Networking and sustaining relationships with customers to identify unmet needs and driving forward the implementation of technical and science-based solutions are both required skills to be successful. Leveraging the lessons learned from each assignment across Business Units is an important aspect of the work. Depending on the assignment, the successful applicant may:
- Develop strong relationships and support the existing customer base and/or network with new customers to deliver growth in key market segments
- Engage channel partners to identify market opportunities and grow business revenues
- Validate and execute value propositions for specific DuPont products, technologies, or offerings with new and existing customers or industry influencers
- Work in partnership with the marketing and business leadership teams to identify and quantify the market potential of select products and/or offerings
- Have an opportunity to be mentored in making valuable contributions to our customers and key markets
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering or Science required
- Sales experience: internship, co-op or other
- Passionate about sales, the customer experience, and building customer relationships
- Driven, motivated, results oriented, and ability to self-manage
- Outstanding problem-solving, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing/verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong leadership capability
- Verbal and/or written communication skills in French an asset
- Travel is anticipated
Personal Development Opportunities
Participants experience exposure to a variety of DuPont Business Units in both formal and on-the-job Sales specific training. Candidates will learn and practice the differentiating power of DuPont’s core values of ethical behaviour, safety, respect for people, and environmental stewardship. Candidates will experience development opportunities in the following areas:
- Learning essential Selling skills to enhance the customer experience
- Delivering results through managing a pipeline of opportunities, customers and/or markets
- Managing DuPont Science to solve customer needs or capitalize on market opportunities (Project Management)
- Financial Management of customer accounts or market segments
- Networking with key customers and influencers, industry associations, several Business Units, as well as cross-functional and global teams
- Six Sigma Green Belt training
More about DuPont
DuPont is a global Fortune 100 company, operating in 70 countries today. We are looking for people who have a passion for delivering innovative, sustainable solutions that meet our customer needs for a better, healthier, safer life.
DuPont offers an exciting place to work where thousands of innovations are introduced every year. You will have opportunities for growth through involvement in various dynamic industries from high-tech to high-performance; which may include agriculture, nutrition, electronics, communications, safety and protection, home and construction, transportation, and apparel.
At DuPont, you will find sustainability in our vision, our business, and your future. If you want to work on the leading edge of your field and have a desire to make a difference, join DuPont and discover The Miracles of Science™.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package; work/life balance, flexible work practices, and much more! DuPont is an equal opportunity employer.
Learn more at: http://www.dupont.ca
How do I apply?
Please email your cover letter and resume by February 18, 2013 with
“DCDP Sales Associate Mississauga” + Your Degree in the subject line