The incumbent will be involved with coordinating and performing the duties associated with developing and maintaining the company drafting and design department. Originating from customer needs, requirements and specifications; the chosen individual will work with specific objectives and instruction as directed from senior personnel.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare scale construction and other drawing for all proposed pipeline installations and revision to existing systems using Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) and Geographic Information System (GIS) tools.
- Maintain copy and distribute various information regarding drawings, records and files.
- Prepare site and isometric station drawings for above ground facilities.
- Inputs asset information using GIS map and database application including elevation and project details.
- Prepares specialized maps using SQL queries to make conclusions, identify inconsistencies and show features graphically.
- Joins information such as cadastral data, customer information, and topography to create thematic maps.
- Investigates and analyzes data using engineering calculations making corrections to GIS database as needed.
- Utilizes QA/QC tools to determine lacking or incorrect data making edits according to information acquired by researching drawings and databases.
- Keeps various reports as required.
- Creates detailed CAD construction drawings and plans from engineer’s design and/or field notes according to rules, regulations and standards.
- Prepares charts, schematics and graphs showing statistical data using CAD or other applications.
Participates in field surveys by assisting others or using total station, global positioning system (GPS), or other surveying equipment.
- Uploads and downloads information to the GIS software for use with the GPS.
- Retrieves and interprets information on assets, provides and explains information to personnel, clients, contractors, government agencies and construction crews.
- Research, gather source material, data entry, digitizing and running custom software.
- Produce maps and graphics, extract data as required.
- A diploma in GIS and/or drafting technology from a recognized post-secondary institution or industry equivalent.
- Experience in the area of piping and utility mapping using GIS systems.
- Able to produce CAD pipeline system maps, including roadways and transpose onto Alberta grid maps.
- Ability to produce simple 2D as-built site construction drawings is an asset.
- Knowledge of correlating multiple pipeline test datasets with 3D position for mapping using GIS.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Competent PC skills with proficiency in Microsoft products and computerized data management systems.
- Effective problem solving skills along with a strong team attitude with commitment to customer service.
- Strong attention to detail, conscientious, the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to manage time to maintain scheduling and meet appropriate deadlines.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Pipeline / oil field experience not essential but considered an asset.
Indeed - 19 months ago
E-MAC has professional engineers, NACE CP specialists, CP material supply, and the necessary technical field personnel to provide effective...