Date: May 24, 2012
Job Title: Compliance Officer
Department: E-Care Contact Centers
Location: Winnipeg, MB
The purpose of the Compliance Officer is to provide assistance in overseeing, managing and reporting on compliance with applicable laws. The Compliance Officer works with business lines, risk/internal control groups, and stakeholders to implement an effective compliance regime and testing program. The Compliance Officer aides in the implementation of existing compliance policies and procedures to accommodate and satisfy legal and regulatory requirements affecting the business and makes recommendation for changes in policies and procedures.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of compliance programs as required.
- Assist in developing and operating an effective enterprise wide compliance testing/monitoring program.
- Researches and coordinates programs regarding various compliance issues.
- Independently investigates, reports, and coordinates matters related to all compliance issues such as Privacy, Company Licensing, and Complaints.
- Revises compliance programs where necessary.
- Reviews incoming documents and company records.
- Submits written reports to the appropriate authority, including management.
- Makes recommendations for compliance management issues.
- Makes recommendations for corrective action.
- Coordinates the research of compliance issues assigned to other departmental functions.
- Maintains a library of compliance resources, and disseminates to appropriate staff information related to compliance.
- Provides company-wide compliance support and researches and responds to compliance questions from Company personnel.
- Independently investigates matters related to compliance including the review of documents and other relevant information.
- Assists in the coordination of the development of policies, procedures and programs to develop and maintain compliance. Encourages employees to identify potential problems/concerns and report them to the Compliance Coordinator.
- Assists with the development and implementation of educational training activities to promote corporate compliance.
- Coordinates the assignment of compliance issues to other departmental functions and monitors implementation and adherence to compliance programs as established by departments.
- Maintains detailed compliance-related records.
- Experience with legislation and compliance considerations applicable to the consumer lending industry.
- Able to work with minimal supervision/guidance.
- Able to work on diversified projects while meeting deadlines.
- Strong writing & research skills and a conceptual thinker.
- Background in project management and compliance issues.
- Strong analytical and technical skills with the ability to make sound judgment decisions.
- Demonstrated ability in interpreting government regulations & legal documents.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite.
- Completion of the Canadian Securities Course would be considered an asset.
- Strong written and verbal business communication skills.
To learn more about E-Care please visit our website at www.ecarecenters.com
If you believe you have the relevant experience, enthusiasm and great attitude that we're looking for - please submit your cover letter and resume by email.
E-Care Contact Centers is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. While we thank all that apply, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.