Job Title: Accounting Supervisor
Department: E-Care Contact Centers
Location: Surrey, BC
The Accounting Supervisor is responsible for the daily supervision of staff, including reviewing and approving of work performed by junior accounting employees. The Accounting Supervisor will ensure A/R staff complete reconciliations and daily processing correctly and in a timely manner. The Supervisor is responsible for managing, maintaining and suggesting improvements in processes to increase the effectiveness of the team’s policies and procedures. The ability to effectively review, understand and monitor all internal accounts receivable controls and procedures, and manage employees to ensure accurate and timely reporting of information are keys to success in this role.
- Manage and supervise a small team of junior accounting staff.
- Establish and maintain accounts receivable best practices to ensure smooth business operations.
- Ensure a high standard of customer service to internal and external departments.
- Responsible for accuracy and corrections to customer accounts, reconciliation of accounts, bank accounts, general journal entries, and postings to accounts receivable sub-ledger.
- Research and respond to Collections and Customer Relations departments inquiries in a timely manner.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance on the use of accounting software packages.
- Provide guidance and training on systems, procedures and practices.
- Review and monitor compliance with all accounting and financial internal controls.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to staff members.
- Provide ongoing feedback and manage performance of team members.
- Prepare monthly AR Aging and various scheduled reports.
- Complete ad hoc queries and reports for senior management.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Flexible and adaptable; able to meet established reporting deadlines.
- Knowledge and skill in supervisory principles and practices.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to understand changes which affect accounting, office management and administrative processes and procedures.
- Strong sense of honesty, integrity and ethics.
- Ability to manage and analyze large volumes of information effectively.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and deal with sensitive information effectively.
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Ability to act with professionalism, particularly in the face of adversity and difficult situations.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Word, Excel) and accounting software (e.g., Great Plains, PeopleSoft, etc.) is an asset.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of five years accounting experience.
- A minimum of three years of supervisory experience in a general accounting role, or equivalent.
- Previous experience in the financial industry is preferred.
If you believe you have the relevant experience, enthusiasm and great attitude that we're looking for - please submit your cover letter and resume by email or visit our website at www.ecarecenters.com to learn more about us.
E-Care Contact Centers is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. While we thank all that apply, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 18 months ago