Job Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reports to: Production Group Leade
Closed: Open Until Suitable Candidate Found
Dynamic Source Manufacturing Inc. (DSM) is an electronics manufacturing services provider headquartered in Calgary, Canada. In business since 2000, our success is a direct result of providing our customers with responsive and flexible, customized manufacturing solutions. Our long term relationships with our customers in the Communications, Industrial, Medical, Energy and Military sectors are testament to this partnership. DSM maintains ISO9001and ISO13485 certifications and holds a Controlled Goods certification by the Canadian Government for military applications.
The Wave Machine Operator operates and maintains the Wave Machine in the assembly process. This individual will have a strong mechanical aptitude and enjoy working with tools. Experience working in an electronics manufacturing environment and a strong desire to learn various other production processes will help this candidate be successful in this role. They will also be effective in identifying and responding to problems accordingly.
- Responsible for the set up, load, tear down and operation of Wave Machine
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment and assist maintenance and engineering with other group related tasks
- Participate and learn about other production activities when Wave Machine is not in use
- Handles, uses, stores and disposes of chemicals, cleaners, pastes, glues, byproducts in accordance with WHMIS standards
- Perform minor machine programming
- Produce product to IPC standards
- Participate and adhere to DSM safety policies and practices
- 2-3 years of related experience and/or training is required
- Previous experience as a Machine Operator would be considered
- Strong understanding of solder processes and component identification
- Willingness to wear protective gear when operating the machine
- Strong understanding of circuit boards/PCB
- Strong understanding of IPC standards is an asset
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, engineering drawings, and short correspondence
- Ability to write simple correspondence and present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks with speed and accuracy
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Office and manufacturing software
- Detail orientated
- Availability for shift work
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Clean and safe working environment
- Challenging and rewarding work
- Development and training opportunities for growth
- Casual work environment
If you possess the above qualifications and are looking for a new opportunity to advance your career within a successful and growing organization, we want to hear from you.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume and cover letter, clearly quoting Wave Machine Operator in the subject line to:
Attn: Human Resources
Unit 117, 2765 - 48th Avenue NE
Calgary. Alberta, T3J 5M9, Canada.
Fax: (403) 532 0412
Dynamic Source Manufacturing Inc. is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. DSM thanks all applicants however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.