POSITION: Machine Operator
STATUS: Full time permanent
REPORTS TO: Team Leader, Production
Dynamic Source Manufacturing Inc. (DSM) is an electronics manufacturing services provider headquartered in Calgary, Canada. In business since 2000, our success is a direct result of providing our customers with responsive and flexible, customized manufacturing solutions. Our long term relationships with our customers in the Communications, Industrial, Medical, Energy and Military sectors are testament to this partnership. DSM is ISO certified to both ISO9001:2008 and the medical standard ISO13485:2003, as well as Controlled Goods certified by the Canadian Gov’t for military applications.
As a member of the Manufacturing Team, you will be responsible for assembling soldering, inspecting electronic components, subassemblies, products or systems and ensuring compliance to required workmanship and safety standards.
Set up, tear down, load, and operate Wave solder, SMT, associated machinery and parts to provide optimum quality and quantity.
Follows, prints, verifies, job binders, BOM’s, production & customer drawings, schematics, work instructions and sample assemblies, or receives instructions regarding duties to be performed.
Handles components and CCA’s in accordance to ESD standards
Mounts, modifies, pastes, glues, solders, reclaims, inspects PWB’s or components such as transformers, resistors, transistors, capacitors, integrated circuits, and sockets, to achieve customer specified electrical or dimensional characteristics and or compliance to IPC-610 standards.
Assembles and attaches hardware, such as caps, clamps, stiffeners, knobs, connectors and switches, to assemblies.
Tends to related machinery that load, convey, press, shape, cut, solder, re-flow, count, reel or wind component parts or PWB’s.
Uses problem solving skills and CPI techniques to resolve, improve machine or process issues, efficiency and product quality.
Perform scheduled preventative maintenance on equipment. Identifies, repairs defective feeders, associated parts and mechanisms. Assist maintenance, engineering group with related tasks.
Handles, uses, stores and disposes of chemicals, cleaners, pastes, glues, byproducts in accordance to WHMIS standards.
Print, summarize, download, transmit, edit, import, export files, data, programs and profiles utilizing available software. Records, prints and summarizes data, cycle times, material usage, machine utilization, shift productivity and downtime for timesheets, spreadsheets, graphs and log books.
Responsible for safety and specific task training of staff recruited to assist in SMT / WAVE areas.
- high school diploma or GED and 2 to 3 years related experience and/or training.
- excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- experience on performing scheduled preventative maintenance on equipment.
- intermediate computer skills including: MS Word, excel, internet software and manufacturing software.
- an ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- ability to work well independently and/or part of a team and able to demonstrate considerable initiative.
- an aptitude for attention to detail and looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- a desire and aptitude that demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- a strong ability to prioritize and plans the work activities, using time efficiently.
- availability for shift work (including day, afternoon, midnight and weekends).
- availability for overtime hours (for some evenings and weekends).