Our government client is currently seeking an experienced Building Technician to join their team starting ASAP.
- Installs, maintains, repairs and assembles fixtures such as heat exchangers, steam coils, radiators, humidifiers, condensate pumps, heating pumps, steam traps, pressure reducing and other valves, strainers, and pipe systems such as high- and low-pressure steam and condensate.
- Provides technical support and operates portable and stationary generators and/or gas-powered water pumps required to support mechanical systems during extended periods of electrical shutdown and/or power outages.
- Diagnoses leaks from building structures, e.g. roofs, ceilings, plumbing and heating systems, valves, fixtures, pipes and repair accordingly.
- Inspects and corrects deficiencies in piping/steam distribution systems and components.
- Coordinates and oversees steam and hot water/glycol heating work and material requirements related to renovations, alterations and work orders involving multiple trades and/or contractors.
- Inspects, repairs, and maintains steam distribution system including items such as piping, gaskets, valves, steam traps, strainers and other components.
- Inspects and maintains hot water/glycol heating systems and components such as pumps, valves, coils, radiators and other components.
- Provides mechanical support for repairs on plumbing and fire protection components.
- Performs initial response to temperature, strange, unusual smells, noises, vibration and other building complaints.
- Must possess valid steam or pipe fitting license
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Must have a good working knowledge and recent experience of control systems (pneumatic and computer based BAS systems)
- Valid Enhanced or Secret Clearance
Indeed - 22 months ago