Position: Quality Assurance Manager
Role: The incumbent will be responsible for overseeing and maintain the Quality Assurance System and implementing policies and procedures according to the company standards and local food legislation.
- Develop and oversee the administration of all quality and food safety programs
- Ensure that the overall Quality documentation meets the Quality Standards & maintain the library of documents.
- Arrange for periodic audit of quality systems by the accreditation body and manage internal audits.
- Continually ensure all staff has a complete working understanding of the Quality Policy & improving the system including Occupational Health & Safety and HACCP.
- Direct, develop, manage and update all quality programs as necessary to comply with customer regulatory and company standards (Quality Programs include Vendor Certification, Incoming Goods Inspection, Sanitation, HACCP, Pest Control, Non-Compliance/Hold)
- Develop, implement, monitor and update Quality, Process and Sanitation SOP’s. Issues, reviews and maintains product specifications, certificate of analysis and all other QA documentations
- Ensures policies and procedures are followed during purchasing, receiving, storing, shipping, raw material evaluations, sanitation and compliance with good manufacturing, distribution and laboratory practices.
- Contacts the suppliers/ reviews supplier’s data on an on-going basis and keeps the supplier matrix updated on an on-going basis. Follows up with the suppliers on the missing/expired documentations on a regular basis and as per outlined in Vendor Approval program
- Performs evaluation of raw materials
- Conducts relevant physical, chemical, and microbiological tests on raw material as per specifications
- Audits suppliers and third party warehouses where necessary
- Represents the facility for internal, external, third party audits and regulatory inspections
- Build/coach sites on Regulatory and Certification program preparation for SQF, system upgrading, standardization and training where required.
- Supervises the QC technicians and Loaders
- Will require to do RD of new products and maintain a recipe data base
- Working knowledge of Genesis to generate nutrition information
- Bachelor of Food Science Degree or equivalent
- At least 5 years of management experience in Quality Control / Assurance in a food environment or related field
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong knowledge in GMP, HACCP and SQF Principles is a must
- Strong time management and analytical skills
- Strong computer systems skills
- Confident self-starter with excellent interpersonal, communication abilities
- Must be able to work independently, and demonstrate problem solving, innovation and customer service skills.
- Detail oriented and thorough
Dynamic Chocolates markets its brands in Canada, while assisting with the distribution of Maxfield's, and Kencraft Brands (Maxfield's,...