Dynamex Employee Reviews

Best truck driving position in my career.
24 " truck broker (Current Employee) –  London on31 January 2018
For a hard working broker you can make decent money. Best job I've had in my career. Great dispatchers they make you want to work hard . No real issues at least in the london on location. Can be long hours . Not recomended for a married driver looking for 9 to 5 job unless dedicated route. Very happy to be working out of this location.
Pros
Friendly dispatchers. Good rates. Excellent for those who like to be on their own.
Cons
Can be long hours. Short notice on next job.
Worst
Carrier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 December 2017
Dynamex is worst place to work as a owner operator or any kinda carrier, even thoy any other carrier company doesn't seem to be much better. I'm considering getting into a different prefecion than to work as a driver simply because it seems to be most looked down position by most company's. SPECIALLY AT DYNAMEX
Pros
Not allot
Cons
Allot
warehouse shipper
Warehouse Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC24 November 2017
great experience all around. worked hard. had fun and made friends. got benefits. there was never any shortage of work so my position was secure. they were a decent company
Pros
plenty of hours
Cons
plenty of hours
I like environment of work
Lead Hand Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 November 2017
I like the environment of work at dynamex very helpful and friendly. I am relocating from Winnipeg that is why I am looking for job. we had contract with NTD and I was lead hand there for almost 2.5 year and manage drivers and routes. overall this job enhance my management skill very much that what I like about this job.
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 November 2017
a courier company still operating but from America. Wonderful place of work as well as bosses. employees felt like family programs provided helping you to excel.
Productive, fun place to work
INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC29 September 2017
A typical day at work was meeting with fun people and driving. Completing tasks and staying in touch with those effected by any delays. I learned about the business, the kinds of people that are involved, and that most people are kind and wonderful. The management had it difficult attaining the support they required, but did all they could to keep my job safe and all requirements to be met. The culture of the workplace: ie the warehouse was usually quite orderly and enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was keeping time as there were so many variables. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the people!
Pros
Great pay and great people, lots of energy at the end of the day (usually)
Cons
Used to be a great place to work and make money
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 August 2017
Office workers come and go, we use to have a great people who looks after drivers and customers. Now its just a bunch of dumb and dumbers. Dynamex use to buy others small couriers and now is owned by transforce. Since then all went downhill. Low pay, no work, no respect for seniority. I miss the good old days and the people I use to work with.
Pros
Cons
a lot
Worklife balance sucks
Regional Manager Vancouver Island (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC18 May 2017
terrible management.
You are just a number.
Run people into the ground and can not be honest about what is going on
nickel and dime you till you are so frustrated
not the best place
Warehouse/Material handler/Acculogix (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 March 2017
A typical day at work is working alone unloading trailers doing magazine sort helping HBC customers when the come to pick up there product answering emails. Learned how to ship and receive product and drive a fork lift. The hardest part of the job is working alone for 8 hours
Fast Paced
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 February 2017
Dynamex has a unique value proposition (UVP). They are the largest Same day courier /Logistics company in Canada with Branches in most major markets.
Poorly run, large company..... "0" compassion. Terrible, disorganized.
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC24 January 2017
Absolutely the worst managed company ever! Poor communication from management at all levels, short pay on many jobs, missed pay on" too" many jobs, no recourse except through the union (waste of time), demanding, without justification, untrained people (corporate), deception rampant (corporate), no training for new recruits, fast paced, great co-workers and relatively easy work on certain dedicated functions.
Management needs a major overhaul in BC!!! Lack of knowledge in this business.
Pros
Time management (self)
Cons
Poor management and communication.
Labour Job not fun but you gotta do it
truck unloader (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK15 December 2016
its a labour job with some Long hours(Some days) with a very tedious task. Enjoy working with my fellow employees, I just try and get the job done as fast and as efficient as I can to help my fellow employees at work get the job done quickly as possible .
Pros
Fun Employees
Cons
Tedious task
Dynamex n'est plus
Répartiteur (Current Employee) –  Quebec5 December 2016
Depuis notre acquisition par Transforce, cette compagnie (Dynamex) n'est plus du tout la meme , avec des coupures radicals de personnels dans les différentes succursales et des objectifs budgétaires a atteindre un peu farfelus

(Bientôt ce sera : Apporter vos feuilles et vos crayons de la maison ca nous fera économiser)

Des changements de hauts dirigeants a tous les 3 mois

On voit partir a tour de role, les plus expérimentés, ceux qui y sont depuis longtemps pour être remplacé par des gens qui n'ont souvent jamais travaillé dans le transport ou sinon avec très peu d'expérience directe dans notre domaine
Pros
Très bonne ambience de travail
Cons
Aucun concernant notre succursale
Fun place to be at if you got your own project to work on
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 September 2016
Over all they let you have initiative and work on your projects if you got any. They allow you to make changes into your department in order to improve productivity.
Pros
pizza much
Cons
I would work for courier services. Anytime , any day 7 days a week I work punctually and regularly.
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 August 2016
I would work for courier services.
Anytime , any day 7 days a week
I work punctually and regularly.
Independently very often.
Demanding but rewarding
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC15 July 2016
Fast paced environment, some heavy lifting (up to 75 lbs), dedicated route, priority senders/receivers, attention to detail, organisation key, professional, secure, interpersonal skills a must, Management helpful with any issues, enjoy the teamwork, with the exception of long hours, driving long distance and customer base very healthy - the most enjoyable parts of the job,
Pros
customer base, pay
fun
Owner-operator business (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 June 2016
By selecting Follow, you agree to get updated information and new jobs from this company by email. You can cancel alerts at anytime.
opportunities always exist for operators that are willing to invest in the right vehicle /equipment..
Owner-Operator (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC23 May 2016
Because of the vast client base of Dynamex I had the chance to expose myself to variety of business to service. This gave me the opportunity to develop my customer service skills that could be an asset for my future endeavors whatever that may be.
Pros
good management support
Cons
quite a bit of customer accounts turn around
General Warehouse Labourer
General Labourer/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 May 2016
Staff is supportive and understanding, clients- not so much.

The clients you will represent will have moderate- to no common sense of policies, procedures, or workload.
Pros
The consistancy of work
Cons
The clients we represent
Turnover is quick
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2016
Cannot make a future. Management is self-fish.
The is always a blaming game
co-workers are good
The hardest is find out things yourself as nobody tells you
Pros
occasional free lunch
Cons
Long hours of work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dynamex. Our community is ready to answer.