Dynamex Employee Reviews

ACCOUNTS PAYABLE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 November 2017
a courier company still operating but from America. Wonderful place of work as well as bosses. employees felt like family programs provided helping you to excel.
Productive, fun place to work
INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC29 September 2017
A typical day at work was meeting with fun people and driving. Completing tasks and staying in touch with those effected by any delays. I learned about the business, the kinds of people that are involved, and that most people are kind and wonderful. The management had it difficult attaining the support they required, but did all they could to keep my job safe and all requirements to be met. The culture of the workplace: ie the warehouse was usually quite orderly and enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was keeping time as there were so many variables. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the people!
Pros
Great pay and great people, lots of energy at the end of the day (usually)
Cons
Used to be a great place to work and make money
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 August 2017
Office workers come and go, we use to have a great people who looks after drivers and customers. Now its just a bunch of dumb and dumbers. Dynamex use to buy others small couriers and now is owned by transforce. Since then all went downhill. Low pay, no work, no respect for seniority. I miss the good old days and the people I use to work with.
Pros
Cons
a lot
Worklife balance sucks
Regional Manager Vancouver Island (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC18 May 2017
terrible management.
You are just a number.
Run people into the ground and can not be honest about what is going on
nickel and dime you till you are so frustrated
not the best place
Warehouse/Material handler/Acculogix (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 March 2017
A typical day at work is working alone unloading trailers doing magazine sort helping HBC customers when the come to pick up there product answering emails. Learned how to ship and receive product and drive a fork lift. The hardest part of the job is working alone for 8 hours
Poorly run, large company..... "0" compassion. Terrible, disorganized.
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC24 January 2017
Absolutely the worst managed company ever! Poor communication from management at all levels, short pay on many jobs, missed pay on" too" many jobs, no recourse except through the union (waste of time), demanding, without justification, untrained people (corporate), deception rampant (corporate), no training for new recruits, fast paced, great co-workers and relatively easy work on certain dedicated functions.
Management needs a major overhaul in BC!!! Lack of knowledge in this business.
Pros
Time management (self)
Cons
Poor management and communication.
Labour Job not fun but you gotta do it
truck unloader (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK15 December 2016
its a labour job with some Long hours(Some days) with a very tedious task. Enjoy working with my fellow employees, I just try and get the job done as fast and as efficient as I can to help my fellow employees at work get the job done quickly as possible .
Pros
Fun Employees
Cons
Tedious task
Dynamex n'est plus
Répartiteur (Current Employee) –  Quebec5 December 2016
Depuis notre acquisition par Transforce, cette compagnie (Dynamex) n'est plus du tout la meme , avec des coupures radicals de personnels dans les différentes succursales et des objectifs budgétaires a atteindre un peu farfelus

(Bientôt ce sera : Apporter vos feuilles et vos crayons de la maison ca nous fera économiser)

Des changements de hauts dirigeants a tous les 3 mois

On voit partir a tour de role, les plus expérimentés, ceux qui y sont depuis longtemps pour être remplacé par des gens qui n'ont souvent jamais travaillé dans le transport ou sinon avec très peu d'expérience directe dans notre domaine
Pros
Très bonne ambience de travail
Cons
Aucun concernant notre succursale
Fun place to be at if you got your own project to work on
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 September 2016
Over all they let you have initiative and work on your projects if you got any. They allow you to make changes into your department in order to improve productivity.
Pros
pizza much
Cons
I would work for courier services. Anytime , any day 7 days a week I work punctually and regularly.
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 August 2016
I would work for courier services.
Anytime , any day 7 days a week
I work punctually and regularly.
Independently very often.
Demanding but rewarding
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC15 July 2016
Fast paced environment, some heavy lifting (up to 75 lbs), dedicated route, priority senders/receivers, attention to detail, organisation key, professional, secure, interpersonal skills a must, Management helpful with any issues, enjoy the teamwork, with the exception of long hours, driving long distance and customer base very healthy - the most enjoyable parts of the job,
Pros
customer base, pay
fun
Owner-operator business (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 June 2016
By selecting Follow, you agree to get updated information and new jobs from this company by email. You can cancel alerts at anytime.
opportunities always exist for operators that are willing to invest in the right vehicle /equipment..
Owner-Operator (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC23 May 2016
Because of the vast client base of Dynamex I had the chance to expose myself to variety of business to service. This gave me the opportunity to develop my customer service skills that could be an asset for my future endeavors whatever that may be.
Pros
good management support
Cons
quite a bit of customer accounts turn around
General Warehouse Labourer
General Labourer/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 May 2016
Staff is supportive and understanding, clients- not so much.

The clients you will represent will have moderate- to no common sense of policies, procedures, or workload.
Pros
The consistancy of work
Cons
The clients we represent
Turnover is quick
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2016
Cannot make a future. Management is self-fish.
The is always a blaming game
co-workers are good
The hardest is find out things yourself as nobody tells you
Pros
occasional free lunch
Cons
Long hours of work
I went down with the ship
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON24 March 2016
When I was informed my branch was being closed, there was verbal talk of relocation, but nothing has come of it. I'm quite upset that I was jerked around when it came to my status in regards to the branch closure. If nothing was going to come of it, I should have just been told I was done and be done with it.
A conducive and fun place to work in
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2016
Had a great time working along side my colleagues, who were very happy and very cooperative in doing their job. A very hardworking environment with proper break time given. Has a good management and excellent working environment.
Pros
Free coffee breaks
Cons
heavy materials
Fun & Enjoyable place to work
Labourer/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON29 January 2016
Forklift operator, unloaded and loaded vehicles, sorted recycled electronics. Very nice people to work for. I enjoyed being the only worker in the warehouse but got difficult at times with the amount of duties, however i enjoyed the challenge.
Loved working for this company
Independent Broken to Supervisor. (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON11 January 2016
Always busy,felt like not enough hours in the workday but reached deadline. Challenging and productive and so satisfying. My co-workers were a great team to work with. Our Superior was involved with all aspects of the job. Couldn't of asked for a better boss.
Pros
independence
Cons
not enough staff
nice workplace every one is friendly
Customer Service Representative/ Dispatching (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 December 2015
i learned a good experience here for customer representative. create profile and orders. easy to learn and flexible hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dynamex. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9