Dynamex Employee Reviews

not the best place
Warehouse/Material handler/Acculogix (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 March 2017
A typical day at work is working alone unloading trailers doing magazine sort helping HBC customers when the come to pick up there product answering emails. Learned how to ship and receive product and drive a fork lift. The hardest part of the job is working alone for 8 hours
Poorly run, large company..... "0" compassion. Terrible, disorganized.
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC24 January 2017
Absolutely the worst managed company ever! Poor communication from management at all levels, short pay on many jobs, missed pay on" too" many jobs, no recourse except through the union (waste of time), demanding, without justification, untrained people (corporate), deception rampant (corporate), no training for new recruits, fast paced, great co-workers and relatively easy work on certain dedicated functions.
Management needs a major overhaul in BC!!! Lack of knowledge in this business.
Pros
Time management (self)
Cons
Poor management and communication.
Labour Job not fun but you gotta do it
truck unloader (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK15 December 2016
its a labour job with some Long hours(Some days) with a very tedious task. Enjoy working with my fellow employees, I just try and get the job done as fast and as efficient as I can to help my fellow employees at work get the job done quickly as possible .
Pros
Fun Employees
Cons
Tedious task
Fun place to be at if you got your own project to work on
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 September 2016
Over all they let you have initiative and work on your projects if you got any. They allow you to make changes into your department in order to improve productivity.
Pros
pizza much
Cons
I would work for courier services. Anytime , any day 7 days a week I work punctually and regularly.
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 August 2016
I would work for courier services.
Anytime , any day 7 days a week
I work punctually and regularly.
Independently very often.
Demanding but rewarding
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC15 July 2016
Fast paced environment, some heavy lifting (up to 75 lbs), dedicated route, priority senders/receivers, attention to detail, organisation key, professional, secure, interpersonal skills a must, Management helpful with any issues, enjoy the teamwork, with the exception of long hours, driving long distance and customer base very healthy - the most enjoyable parts of the job,
Pros
customer base, pay
fun
Owner-operator business (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 June 2016
By selecting Follow, you agree to get updated information and new jobs from this company by email. You can cancel alerts at anytime.
opportunities always exist for operators that are willing to invest in the right vehicle /equipment..
Owner-Operator (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC23 May 2016
Because of the vast client base of Dynamex I had the chance to expose myself to variety of business to service. This gave me the opportunity to develop my customer service skills that could be an asset for my future endeavors whatever that may be.
Pros
good management support
Cons
quite a bit of customer accounts turn around
General Warehouse Labourer
General Labourer/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 May 2016
Staff is supportive and understanding, clients- not so much.

The clients you will represent will have moderate- to no common sense of policies, procedures, or workload.
Pros
The consistancy of work
Cons
The clients we represent
Turnover is quick
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2016
Cannot make a future. Management is self-fish.
The is always a blaming game
co-workers are good
The hardest is find out things yourself as nobody tells you
Pros
occasional free lunch
Cons
Long hours of work
I went down with the ship
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON24 March 2016
When I was informed my branch was being closed, there was verbal talk of relocation, but nothing has come of it. I'm quite upset that I was jerked around when it came to my status in regards to the branch closure. If nothing was going to come of it, I should have just been told I was done and be done with it.
A conducive and fun place to work in
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2016
Had a great time working along side my colleagues, who were very happy and very cooperative in doing their job. A very hardworking environment with proper break time given. Has a good management and excellent working environment.
Pros
Free coffee breaks
Cons
heavy materials
Fun & Enjoyable place to work
Labourer/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON29 January 2016
Forklift operator, unloaded and loaded vehicles, sorted recycled electronics. Very nice people to work for. I enjoyed being the only worker in the warehouse but got difficult at times with the amount of duties, however i enjoyed the challenge.
Loved working for this company
Independent Broken to Supervisor. (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON11 January 2016
Always busy,felt like not enough hours in the workday but reached deadline. Challenging and productive and so satisfying. My co-workers were a great team to work with. Our Superior was involved with all aspects of the job. Couldn't of asked for a better boss.
Pros
independence
Cons
not enough staff
nice workplace every one is friendly
Customer Service Representative/ Dispatching (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 December 2015
i learned a good experience here for customer representative. create profile and orders. easy to learn and flexible hours.
Not a reputable company
DZ Drive-Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 September 2015
The company would not keep contracts making the drivers dedicated runs insecure. The company didn't pay for runs the driver did do in a timely fashion.
Pros
Supplied fuel card
Cons
Waiting time to be loaded
Excellent Management and fantastic staff
Senior Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 August 2015
People who cared about their company. Made it easy to be on the clock 24/7. Great Management and excellent team players.
**Most of them are gone now, but the Manager is still there, he is the most trustworthy boss** but expects results. Keeps communication open and is easy to talk to. Wish I hadn't left.
5 stars!
Pros
Cons
I left due to restructuring. Even the Manager didn't approve of.
Flexible schedules with a good support team
Delivery driver/ Courier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 August 2015
Management is great at sourcing work and keeping customers informed. Staff are motivated and eager to help. I do not wish to provide any more information to indeed.ca

Please contact me personally for any specific information
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Night shifts
Great start to my career.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON14 April 2015
Great start to my carreer in business. They helped serve as the foundation for my financial acumen. I was able to lead my first team in buiness and operations and this is where I found my passion for leading and managing.
The company
Courier Driver OWNER/OPERATER (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC1 March 2015
I really enjoyed being a courier driver and meeting new people as I was a meat cutter for over 30 years and really enjoyed working with the public.,This company was very disorganized and poorly managed ,products are always missing.and feel this is why they lost the ATS contract. I Have had to weight to be paid and my cheque has been short both times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dynamex. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9