Dynamex Employee Reviews

I would work for courier services. Anytime , any day 7 days a week I work punctually and regularly.
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 9, 2016
I would work for courier services.
Anytime , any day 7 days a week
I work punctually and regularly.
Independently very often.
Demanding but rewarding
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BCJuly 15, 2016
Fast paced environment, some heavy lifting (up to 75 lbs), dedicated route, priority senders/receivers, attention to detail, organisation key, professional, secure, interpersonal skills a must, Management helpful with any issues, enjoy the teamwork, with the exception of long hours, driving long distance and customer base very healthy - the most enjoyable parts of the job,
Pros
customer base, pay
fun
Owner-operator business (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 11, 2016
By selecting Follow, you agree to get updated information and new jobs from this company by email. You can cancel alerts at anytime.
opportunities always exist for operators that are willing to invest in the right vehicle /equipment..
Owner-Operator (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCMay 23, 2016
Because of the vast client base of Dynamex I had the chance to expose myself to variety of business to service. This gave me the opportunity to develop my customer service skills that could be an asset for my future endeavors whatever that may be.
Pros
good management support
Cons
quite a bit of customer accounts turn around
General Warehouse Labourer
General Labourer/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 5, 2016
Staff is supportive and understanding, clients- not so much.

The clients you will represent will have moderate- to no common sense of policies, procedures, or workload.
Pros
The consistancy of work
Cons
The clients we represent
Turnover is quick
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 3, 2016
Cannot make a future. Management is self-fish.
The is always a blaming game
co-workers are good
The hardest is find out things yourself as nobody tells you
Pros
occasional free lunch
Cons
Long hours of work
I went down with the ship
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONMarch 24, 2016
When I was informed my branch was being closed, there was verbal talk of relocation, but nothing has come of it. I'm quite upset that I was jerked around when it came to my status in regards to the branch closure. If nothing was going to come of it, I should have just been told I was done and be done with it.
A conducive and fun place to work in
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 7, 2016
Had a great time working along side my colleagues, who were very happy and very cooperative in doing their job. A very hardworking environment with proper break time given. Has a good management and excellent working environment.
Pros
Free coffee breaks
Cons
heavy materials
Fun & Enjoyable place to work
Labourer/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONJanuary 29, 2016
Forklift operator, unloaded and loaded vehicles, sorted recycled electronics. Very nice people to work for. I enjoyed being the only worker in the warehouse but got difficult at times with the amount of duties, however i enjoyed the challenge.
Loved working for this company
Independent Broken to Supervisor. (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONJanuary 11, 2016
Always busy,felt like not enough hours in the workday but reached deadline. Challenging and productive and so satisfying. My co-workers were a great team to work with. Our Superior was involved with all aspects of the job. Couldn't of asked for a better boss.
Pros
independence
Cons
not enough staff
nice workplace every one is friendly
Customer Service Representative/ Dispatching (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 31, 2015
i learned a good experience here for customer representative. create profile and orders. easy to learn and flexible hours.
Not a reputable company
DZ Drive-Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 26, 2015
The company would not keep contracts making the drivers dedicated runs insecure. The company didn't pay for runs the driver did do in a timely fashion.
Pros
Supplied fuel card
Cons
Waiting time to be loaded
Excellent Management and fantastic staff
Senior Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  London, ONAugust 24, 2015
People who cared about their company. Made it easy to be on the clock 24/7. Great Management and excellent team players.
**Most of them are gone now, but the Manager is still there, he is the most trustworthy boss** but expects results. Keeps communication open and is easy to talk to. Wish I hadn't left.
5 stars!
Pros
Cons
I left due to restructuring. Even the Manager didn't approve of.
Flexible schedules with a good support team
Delivery driver/ Courier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 9, 2015
Management is great at sourcing work and keeping customers informed. Staff are motivated and eager to help. I do not wish to provide any more information to indeed.ca

Please contact me personally for any specific information
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Night shifts
Great start to my career.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONApril 14, 2015
Great start to my carreer in business. They helped serve as the foundation for my financial acumen. I was able to lead my first team in buiness and operations and this is where I found my passion for leading and managing.
THE COMPANY
Courier Driver OWNER/OPERATER (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BCMarch 1, 2015
I really enjoyed being a courier driver and meeting new people as I was a meat cutter for over 30 years and really enjoyed working with the public.,This company was very disorganized and poorly managed ,products are always missing.and feel this is why they lost the ATS contract. I Have had to weight to be paid and my cheque has been short both times.
lots of pressure
dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJanuary 22, 2015
I loved dealing with the customers but mgmt. not to much since no manger ever was in the transport side as a driver .
Pros
free coffe
Cons
long hrs no overtime
Fast paced envirnoment
Traffic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, OntarioDecember 11, 2014
Transportation is a fast paced environment. The aspects of your job change daily which can be challenging. You are given the chance to learn something new every day which can be rewarding.
Pros
offers the ability to learn something new every day with the variety of shipments.
Cons
shifts and long hours
Courier Driving and learning trade
Courier owner operator (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCOctober 16, 2014
I was given the opportunity to continue my Hospital route runs by Dynamex. They had one of the best dispatchers in town. twenty years experience which made my job easier. The managers were great at times. Then they hired a bad one, which caused me to separate myself with the company, and move to another one with better management. I loved the work or driving and learning the routes. very satisfying......
Pros
learning new routes and meeting new people. driving for a living
Cons
long hours, owner operator cost are high, such as new vehicle purchase and fuel expenses.
Call centre
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 25, 2014
When I started there, there was to be 4 people in the call centre. One had been fired, so the other three quit to support their friend. Thus, there was no one there to train us when we came in. Sink or swim, and I swam.

Fun environment to work in, got along well with my group.
Cons
wasn't room for advancement

2.9