Dynamex Employee Reviews in Canada

A conducive and fun place to work in
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 7, 2016
Had a great time working along side my colleagues, who were very happy and very cooperative in doing their job. A very hardworking environment with proper break time given. Has a good management and excellent working environment.
Pros
Free coffee breaks
Cons
heavy materials
opportunities always exist for operators that are willing to invest in the right vehicle /equipment..
Owner-Operator (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCMay 23, 2016
Because of the vast client base of Dynamex I had the chance to expose myself to variety of business to service. This gave me the opportunity to develop my customer service skills that could be an asset for my future endeavors whatever that may be.
Pros
good management support
Cons
quite a bit of customer accounts turn around
General Warehouse Labourer
General Labourer/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 5, 2016
Staff is supportive and understanding, clients- not so much.

The clients you will represent will have moderate- to no common sense of policies, procedures, or workload.
Pros
The consistancy of work
Cons
The clients we represent
I went down with the ship
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONMarch 24, 2016
When I was informed my branch was being closed, there was verbal talk of relocation, but nothing has come of it. I'm quite upset that I was jerked around when it came to my status in regards to the branch closure. If nothing was going to come of it, I should have just been told I was done and be done with it.
Turnover is quick
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 3, 2016
Cannot make a future. Management is self-fish.
The is always a blaming game
co-workers are good
The hardest is find out things yourself as nobody tells you
Pros
occasional free lunch
Cons
Long hours of work
fun
Owner-operator business (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 11, 2016
By selecting Follow, you agree to get updated information and new jobs from this company by email. You can cancel alerts at anytime.
Loved working for this company
Independent Broken to Supervisor. (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONJanuary 11, 2016
Always busy,felt like not enough hours in the workday but reached deadline. Challenging and productive and so satisfying. My co-workers were a great team to work with. Our Superior was involved with all aspects of the job. Couldn't of asked for a better boss.
Pros
independence
Cons
not enough staff
Fun & Enjoyable place to work
Labourer/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONJanuary 29, 2016
Forklift operator, unloaded and loaded vehicles, sorted recycled electronics. Very nice people to work for. I enjoyed being the only worker in the warehouse but got difficult at times with the amount of duties, however i enjoyed the challenge.
Excellent Management and fantastic staff
Senior Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  London, ONAugust 24, 2015
People who cared about their company. Made it easy to be on the clock 24/7. Great Management and excellent team players.
**Most of them are gone now, but the Manager is still there, he is the most trustworthy boss** but expects results. Keeps communication open and is easy to talk to. Wish I hadn't left.
5 stars!
Pros
Cons
I left due to restructuring. Even the Manager didn't approve of.
You will understand why they call 0/0 brokers.
OWNER OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONMarch 22, 2012
The phone rings morning,noon,or night,and your dispatcher says he has a load for you.Where to p/u,time,weight,and del.time.If he says New York N.Y.that sucks,but if he/she says Dallas Tx. I'm on my way.I like the western U.S.much better hhen the east.Nice ride good seanery ,but slim chance of a backhaul.There goes all my proffit,its along way back empty.Management trys to get you somthing but sometimes no luck.The hardest part is to stay awake when driving all night.The most enjoyable part is to be home for a weekend.
Pros
you are your owne boss on the road, with all the headacks
Cons
long hours, no benefits for o/o
nice workplace every one is friendly
Customer Service Representative/ Dispatching (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 31, 2015
i learned a good experience here for customer representative. create profile and orders. easy to learn and flexible hours.
Flexible schedules with a good support team
Delivery driver/ Courier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 9, 2015
Management is great at sourcing work and keeping customers informed. Staff are motivated and eager to help. I do not wish to provide any more information to indeed.ca

Please contact me personally for any specific information
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Night shifts
Courier Driving and learning trade
Courier owner operator (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCOctober 16, 2014
I was given the opportunity to continue my Hospital route runs by Dynamex. They had one of the best dispatchers in town. twenty years experience which made my job easier. The managers were great at times. Then they hired a bad one, which caused me to separate myself with the company, and move to another one with better management. I loved the work or driving and learning the routes. very satisfying......
Pros
learning new routes and meeting new people. driving for a living
Cons
long hours, owner operator cost are high, such as new vehicle purchase and fuel expenses.
fun workplace with extremely friendly understanding management
CSR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 21, 2012
One of the nicest places I ever worked. I was only a part time employee, so I can not speak to their benefits, but it's a quite office with managable workload for anyone. GREAT PEOPLE, but the advancement and raises are a little out of the question, but to be honest that should be expected when dealing with a small office setting
Pros
good people with stress free atitude towards work, free lunches too
Cons
no raises, with minimal advancement opportunities
Not a reputable company
DZ Drive-Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 26, 2015
The company would not keep contracts making the drivers dedicated runs insecure. The company didn't pay for runs the driver did do in a timely fashion.
Pros
Supplied fuel card
Cons
Waiting time to be loaded
very fast paste environment and defenitely challenging
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCSeptember 8, 2014
I received a numerous amount of satisfaction from customers and business. We were always very respectful and fun loving.
Management refused to supply a written and signed contract so when I broke my are early last year I was lead to believe by management that If I gave my contract to my spare driver I would most definately have a new contract when I was ready to return to work. That to this day has not happened!
Working with the majority of my co-workers for the most part has always been a wonderful experience. The hardest part of the job was fitting all the coolers in my van ( over 30 most of the time).
The most enjoyable part was seeing smiles on customers faces when they received their medications, such great friendlyness..
Dynamex needs help!!
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCAugust 8, 2013
My day commenced at 8:00-8:30 with retrieval of the days items (bank Bags etc.) for the days deliveries. My day, in most instances, ended at roughly 18:00 with the days bank bags being loaded for air transport to Vancouver.
I learned all there is to know about courier process with this company, most of it needs serious attention to detail and communication.
Management is a disaster.....POOR! Very difficult to perform to my desired standards.
Co-workers were great, but handicapped as was I.
The hardest part was getting timely answers to concerns, missed pay (serious), day to day dealings with alleged management and constant lies. The pressure as a result of poor management was bad.
The pay was better than average and co-workers were great.
Pros
pay above average, not much else.
Cons
poor communication and untrained management. horrible attitudes.
Fun and Creative place
Operational Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 5, 2013
Every morning I start my work by checking emails and phone messages and then I see the current status of all the drivers and follow up with them if they need any assistance with the delivery drop or pick up.

My main role was as a coordinator(Help Desk) and were responsible for the drivers efficiency related to communication and performance.
I was also responsible for the new driver training their performance and further training needs by checking their on road performance. I have enjoyed working at Dynamex as staff and manager were always supporting. I love coordination part of the job and I enjoy the most.
Pros
birthday parties
Fast paced envirnoment
Traffic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, OntarioDecember 11, 2014
Transportation is a fast paced environment. The aspects of your job change daily which can be challenging. You are given the chance to learn something new every day which can be rewarding.
Pros
offers the ability to learn something new every day with the variety of shipments.
Cons
shifts and long hours
Call centre
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 25, 2014
When I started there, there was to be 4 people in the call centre. One had been fired, so the other three quit to support their friend. Thus, there was no one there to train us when we came in. Sink or swim, and I swam.

Fun environment to work in, got along well with my group.
Cons
wasn't room for advancement

2.8