SUMMARY OF ROLE:
Daily direction of the assigned dedicated fleet accounts to ensure profitability, productivity, strong customer relations and the achievement of targeted performance standards through the effective management of owner operators and employees and the application of relevant technologies, standard operating procedures and accepted business practices.
ESSENTIAL TASKS & DUTIES:
- Manage the operations of the assigned Dedicated Fleet accounts through the direction of owner operators and employees.
- Ensures exceptional customer service is achieved by exceeding service targets and key performance indicators in respect of all assigned dedicated requirements.
- Maintains positive employee and labor relations. Participates in administering collective agreements, where necessary, and ensure timely performance/salary reviews if required.
- Monitors revenue and cost levels to ensure efficiency, profitability, and institutes policies and procedures to correct inadequacies.
- Schedules owner operators 24hrs / 365 days, as required, for most efficient use of personnel to match activity levels. This includes ensuring suitable coverage in the event of absenteeism via external or internal methods/means.
- Trains, coaches and develops Owner Operators and, if necessary, warehouse personnel. Recommends/implements appropriate corrective action as required.
- Monitors broker pay levels, efficiencies, and performance on a daily basis in order to ensure error-free performance in liaison with the Driver Services Department and the Dedicated Fleet Manager.
- Visits Customer sites (with preset minimums) as required and maintains client log detailing particulars of visit or meeting. Implements a performance tracking tool generated in liaison with the clients key service criteria.
- Assists in ongoing recruitment and compilation of competitive analysis.
- Visitation with Sales Department as and when required.
- Instrumental in start up of any new dedicated [distribution and SSL] business/accounts if required.
- Informs Manager of daily activity and/or any issues/concerns.
- Ensures adherence to procedural and policy requirements of various government bodies and Dynamex Canada LTD.
- Authorizes payment of invoices related to these accounts.
- Conducts Route Audits/Analyses (pre-set minimum).
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by Fleet Manager and/or Branch Manager.
Demonstrated ability to lead and develop personnel.
Demonstrated ability in time management.
Ability to use a personal computer and basic office applications including email programs, spreadsheet, word processor and other programs.
Demonstrated ability in both verbal and written communication skills
TOOLS / EQUIPMENT / INFORMATION USED:
Office equipment including: phone, fax, printer, photocopier and calculator
Basic office applications
Enterprise wide applications (COPS / DECS)
Various online & printed data and reports – internal and external
Please submit your resume, quoting "Span of Control VCR" to Judy.morrison @ Dynamex.com.