COMPETITION #: 13-08LACR-23
LOCATION: La Crete Health Center, La Crete, AB
DEPARTMENT: Hospital Operations and Consulting Services
STATUS: Regular Part Time, (0.52 FTE)
SALARY RANGE: $21.13 - $26.89 hourly + 2% Northern Premium + Northern Living Allowance, in-scope
CLASSIFICATION: T2, Hourly
HOURS OF WORK: 40.0 hours bi-weekly, 4.0 hours per day, Monday to Friday 0830 - 1300
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
POSTING DATES: Open until a successful candidate is selected
The La Crete Health Center operates Monday to Friday as a diagnostic facility that provides laboratory and X-ray services to the local community. DynaLIFEDx North offers the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, multi-disciplinary environment that enables you to work to your full-scope of practice. Our future is bright as we continue to build our team and develop new and exciting ways to deliver diagnostic services and exceed customer expectations.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Successful completion of a Canadian Medical Laboratory Assistant program and/or equivalent training and experience
- Experience in the medical field, including training and/or experience using medical terminology
- Excellent keyboarding and data entry skills
- Experience using a variety of Laboratory Information Systems and other computer programs
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with clients and all members of the healthcare team
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities and ability to work independently
- Continuing education and training to maintain current knowledge
- Eligibility for CMLTA registration within 12 months of date of hire
- Procures, prepares, processes, and accessions patient specimens for testing, transportation and storage
- May perform limited testing within scope of practice
- Ensures “customer” focus by maintaining appropriate communication, both written and verbal, between internal and external clients
- Performs scheduled functions necessary for computer maintenance and operation
- Performs data entry into the X-ray information system and the Laboratory Information System including demographics, order entry, verifying and coding
- Assists in orientation/training of new staff, co-workers and external clients including students, medical residents, nurses
- Ensures that quality control and maintenance of equipment are completed as scheduled and that the work area is maintained in a neat and organised manner
- Prepares supply order by monitoring department/site inventory usage to maintain adequate supplies
- Performs other duties as assigned by Manager and designates
- The current shift indicated is subject to change due to operational requirements.
- Relocation assistance may be available.
- All persons newly hired to DynaLIFEDx must show their SIN card and government issued photo ID to Human Resources prior to commencing work.
- All persons hired to DynaLIFEDx must be authorized to work in Canada for any employer.
- Individuals hired into all positions must provide verification of their highest level of education.
- A security clearance with vulnerable sector completed will be required for employees newly hired to DynaLIFEDx.
- Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Thank you for your application.
Please visit our career page at www.dynalifedx.com and quote competiton # 13-08LACR-23 to apply directly to this competition
Indeed - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard
The DynaLIFEDx partnership provides diagnostic laboratory services to more than 2000 physicians and one million patients annually. The...