Located on the beautiful shores of Shawnigan Lake, BC, Dwight School Canada is
the premier choice for parents looking for excellence in grade 6 - 12 education. Built on
a 140 year history of academic excellence and innovative pedagogy, DIS offers the
world renowned International Baccalaureate Diploma to not only foster academic
development, but more importantly, personal growth! Our goal is to “ignite that unique
spark of genius” that we believe is present in every child. Through small class sizes and
engaging teachers, we offer a personalized learning approach that helps students
discover their passion and love for learning.
Dwight School Canada is currently looking for a part time registered nurse to join our team. The successful candidate would:
- Negotiate professional and medical services essential to the school health program.
- Assess the physical and emotional health of students; initiates referrals for further
diagnosis and treatment of identified health needs and provide follow-up;
- Provide first aid care and medically prescribed services.
- Administer medication
- Serve as a resource person on health issues.
- Provide staff development on health-related topics for school staff and volunteers.
- Screen and conducts health appraisals for students
- Provide follow-up evaluations on students as required..
- Record immunizations, health findings, and other relevant health data.
- Act as a liaison with physicians and other health care providers
- Provide nursing consultation re: development and/or revision of school health policies
and procedures, records and forms, health room procedures, communicable disease
control, and student immunization compliance.
- Delegate to unlicensed school personnel tasks that can by law be delegated and
provide training and supervision of non-nurse school staff in providing those services.
Please send or email a resume and cover letter with applicable transcripts