August 12 – 30, 2013
Located on the beautiful shores of Shawnigan Lake, BC, Dwight School Canada is the premier choice for parents looking for excellence in grades 6 – 12 education. Built on a 140 year history of academic excellence and innovative pedagogy, Dwight Canada offers the world renowned International Baccalaureate Diploma to not only foster academic development, but more importantly, personal growth! Our goal is to “ignite that unique spark of genius” that we believe is present in every child. Through small class sizes and engaging teachers, we offer a personalised learning approach that helps students discover their passion and love for learning. Dwight School Canada is an ideal place for those that are looking for a growing and explorative place to work.
Job Description: Your main responsibilities will be
- classroom management;
- planning, preparing and delivering lessons to a range of classes and age groups;
- preparing and setting tests, examination papers, and exercises;
- marking and providing appropriate feedback on oral and written work;
- devising, writing and producing new materials, including audio and visual resources;
- preparing information for inspection visits and other quality assurance exercises;
- basic administration, such as keeping student registers and attendance records
On a day-to-day basis, you will be expected to punctually deliver lessons, integrate activities from the previous day into your lessons, work with online resources, and assist students in the development of their own online learning content. To achieve this, you will be working as part of a team. Your work will enable us to provide a sound basis for students in the continuation their studies, in English, at Dwight School Canada and at other schools.
Requirements and Qualifications: You will be motivated, familiar with online learning, enthusiastic, principled, and a well prepared self-starter. You will have completed an undergraduate degree, hold a CELTA or have TESL Canada certification and will have a minimum of 2 years of experience in ESL instruction. You will have demonstrated strong skills in time management, organization, leadership and communication. You will also be available for meetings to discuss course delivery and planning.