Durham School Services

Durham School Services Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A job where you can get things done during the day
Bus Assistant (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 25, 2015
Pros: Split shifts
Cons: 180 day calendar
I learned that this job can be fun as well as hard. The company as whole is a ok place to work at. The kids are a joy at times and can teach you to be patient. My co workers are very fun and help keep the day going, there's never a dull moment. The hardest part of the job is that we only work 180 day a year.
great for single parents
driver (Current Employee), justin txJune 20, 2015
Pros: bring your children 2 or older
Cons: dealing with children
no job is perfect but this was the best job I've ever had. loved the hours. no nights or weekends. decent pay. the hard thing is student management but it can be done. great staff.
productive and fun to work
Bus Driver (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CAJune 17, 2015
Pros: We get appreciated for our good work
Cons: Work on providing better benefits for us
its very simple type job if your follow company rules. management is very organized something that I praise. Co-workers are respectful and nice. Overall I enjoy it.
Assembly
Bus Monitor (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJune 16, 2015
Pros: We get to ride all day
Cons: Waking up and then getting off then gotta go back in midday
It was a great place to work. Just had to watch the students sometime, if they got out of place. You just had to write them up if they kept on acting out of line. Most of the time, my co-workers and I get along really well.
horrible
Bus Driver (Former Employee), philadelphia paJune 12, 2015
Pros: down time
Cons: no hours
the pay was horrible no benefits and the management does not know how to manage. Its like a high school all the bickering and he say she say.
come work here
Dispatcher/Driver (Current Employee), Tacoma, WAJune 3, 2015
great place to work if you have kids that in elementary because you would be on the same schedule as them and you have the summers off
Easy
Bus Driver (Current Employee), Algonquin, ILJune 1, 2015
Easy and ok place to work. Not enough hours or benefits. People and management are friendly and easy to work with. A great job if you are only looking to work part time.
fun work place
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Davenport, IAMay 28, 2015
very great work environment and very flexible work schedule good for someone going to school or trying to get things going on the side as well
Great Company
School Bus Driver (Current Employee), N Charleston, SCMay 25, 2015
Company is great to work for. Work during the school hours. My typical day starts and 6;30 am - 9:00 am and then starts again from 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm. Monday thru Friday expect for holidays and teacher work days. Everyone is extremely helpful and understanding. Its more like an extended family.
Fun in the beginning but ended up working from sun up to sun down.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 21, 2015
Pros: I got to meet different people within the school system
Cons: Working 12 & 13 hours a day and some Saturdays was very stressful
I was hired on as a Safety Recruiter and then was promoted to Operations Supervisor after being there for 7 months. The job was very challenging but I was able to take it to the next level and out perform some of the people that had been there for years. Having to be at work at between 5 & 5:30 am every morning and work until 6 or 6:30 at night was very tiresome. I was ready to make a change in jobs.
driver
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Holyoke, MAMay 7, 2015
Consistently and safely transporting children for their educational needs
Accurately uphold state rules and legal requirements pertaining to vehicle inspections
Adventurous Workplace
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TnMay 7, 2015
Pros: Being outside seeing different things, meeting new people
Cons: No air conditioning
I was able to greet my students with a smile and kind voice in the mornings before school. Tell them all to have a great day and looking forward to hearing good news in the afternoons when I returned to pick them up. When I returned pick my students up I listened and give good advise. I gave them something to look forward to the following day. Stay positive with them no matter what happened.
always expect the unexpected
Shop Supervisor (Current Employee), Canandaigua, NYApril 29, 2015
Pros: job security
Cons: i am leaving
This is an excellent place to work. There was never a dull moment. Most of the buses start out on their runs around 530am and finish around 6pm, so i was on call most of the time.
The hardest part of the job was leaving work at work.
I have the greatest co-workers(drivers) they do there job and let me know when anything was going wrong and we could correct before it became an issue.
Being part of management, I assume we were doing a good job, due to the fact of driver retention.90% of our drivers have been here for 5 plus years.
awful place to work
Office Administrator/bus driver (Current Employee), txApril 22, 2015
Pros: the children
Cons: no stability, no opportunity for growth. upper management gives no support
over worked and under paid
no room for advancement
Pay not based on seniority or fairness. Expects unattainable deadlines/work to be done while driving a bus morning and afternoon.
School bus driver (Current Employee), Racine, WIApril 21, 2015
Typical day at work is driving the school bus. The management is good. Co-workers are easy to work with. The hardest part of the job is the traffic and getting the kids to behave on the us. Most enjoyable part of the job is the kids
A family oriented work place
School Bus Driver (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 21, 2015
Pros: special employee trips
Cons: long hours
My work day started at 6:20-9:30 am. I had to be back at work by 1:30-4:45 and my third shift was from 6:45-7:30. in between those hours my time was my own. I was able to bring my granddaughter to work with me, so there was no need tor babysitters.
We had safety meetings monthly and yearly physicals and refresher training . the hardest part of my job was it took all day to get my hours.
Specialty Safety
First Student (Former Employee), All IndianapolisApril 19, 2015
Pros: Free Training Program
Cons: They train great but need to gain control of employees
In my opinion they have the best safety training team in all Indiana.
Good at holding monthly meetings for improving driving skills.
Awful place to work
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Lake Villa, ILMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Kids
Cons: Too many to count
Poor management, poor pay and zero reward.
They should rename this place "All about me" after the management team.
Always the driver's fault and even the aides.

Do yourself a favor and do not apply
Great place to work.
Director of Learning and Development (Current Employee), Warrenville, ILMarch 23, 2015
Pros: all
I learned a lot there. It was a great environment to build an entire division from the ground up. There were many challenges but there was also lots of support and collaboration. I enjoyed the culture and the people who worked there.
Ok Place
Bus Driver (Former Employee), N Charleston, SCMarch 22, 2015
Pros: Good Pay
Cons: Not a good fulltime job
Good job if you don't have anything to do or if you are retired. But if you plan on making this your fulltime job that is a no.

1 2 3 4 5

About Durham School Services

Wanna go for a ride? National Express has a seat. Specializing in┬ápassenger transportation, the company serves riders in North – Read more

Durham School Services Photos