Durham School Services Employee Reviews

Great work environment
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI20 October 2017
I enjoyed working with the kids. I enjoyed working with my coworkers. I like the way they showed they cared with the safety meetings. Overall Durham was one of my favorite jobs all time
somewhat enjoyable
Safety Trainer/Driver/Monitor (Former Employee) –  Savannah, MO19 October 2017
you need to like to drive and have the ability to enjoy the kids all at the same time. need to put up with the consent change of rules and who they apply to
Just watch your back. Out of site out of mind
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Carson, CA19 October 2017
Just clock in do your route and clock out for am and pm. That's it. There is nothing else to do. Just focus on you and no one else. Not good for you or others
Good job for parents, retirees, and people who enjoy driving.
Trained and certified bus driver (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, NH18 October 2017
Durham School Services is a fine company. As a driver, I was trained for a month (after all general screening processes), was certified by the DOT, and got my vehicle and route in a timely manner. As long as you can deal with children and the quirks of some of the older buses, you'll be happy here.
Good work
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Muskego, WI17 October 2017
Drive student from their home to school or adults and children from their business to where ever they want to go on a charter. Learned a route and how to use interpersonal relations with children and adults on charters and on the way to school. They had good management and they were very helpful. It was a balanced work environment. Most enjoyable part of job was talking to the children and adults.
Pros
Time in between routes and meeting new people.
Fun working with Kids
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MI16 October 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the children's smiling faces. Like many transportation companies there are pros and cons, overall when you are in the business of children, the pro's typically outweigh the con's.
Pros
Networking
Cons
Working 60+ hours a week, every week.
Great Hours and flexibiity
Substitute Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IA12 October 2017
This is a great company to work for, great culture, great flexibility and you choose a lot of your own hours. Very laid back work environment with lots of room to advance and different tracks to advance.
Pros
Flexibility, pay rate, and people
Cons
making sure you get the proper hours
Productive place to work.
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Carbondale, IL11 October 2017
Love and look forward to working everyday. Fun work environment,people work together as a team, always going out of there way to helping out each other,my gm is the best boss I've ever had,always fun to be around,always makes sure everyone is treated fairly,gives employees opportunities to excel in the company,explains and teaches with great detail,works none stop to make sure Durham runs as smoothly as possible creating a solid foundation,so Durham employees can put more focus on getting students to school and home safely.I feel without these kind of characteristics, surrounded with employees dedication,loyalty to the company,opportunities to advance,this job wouldn't be for me!
Can bring children to work and great hours
Driver (Current Employee) –  York, PA11 October 2017
Needs a little more organizational skills, better training and more respect for drivers. The company is great overall but the individual lots need to come together and help each other achieve the ultimate goal of success!!
okay
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CA11 October 2017
lots of hours not enough pay just a bit too much rules and petty stuff making for an unpleasant work environment way too much nit picking. lots of judgments and messy high school games d have been better if team work was in place and encouraged

Want to know more about Durham School Services?

Ask a question
Durham did not provide employees wih hours tha they needed
First Student (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TX11 October 2017
I really struggled working there because the lack of hours that I received. I Had to further my education and I went back to school and became a medical assistant.
Pros
they do pay empolyees in the summer while school is out
Cons
Not enough hours
good place for retierment
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA11 October 2017
typical day of work would be work for a couple of hours in the morning and a couple in the evening. monday-friday and when you designated school is close you are off.
It was good
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA 9261810 October 2017
I started as a school bus driver here training was good and I was able to start my career. I would have stayed at the office I was at but I was forced to relocate on short notice so I am looking into the Durham near my new residence.
I like what I do, and I like people
Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SC10 October 2017
I love my job because I love what I do. I have been a Driver Trainer since 1997. I have a good rapport with my co-worker, Trainees, Driver Trainer's. I have worked with Charleston County EEOC during Emergency Evacuations since 1997. I coordinate transportation for Durham School Services during Emergency Evacuations. I enjoy helping when people are in need. I enjoy driver training and being a Third Party Tester and helping Trainees succeed in getting their CDL's and help in getting kids to school safe and on time.
Pros
The company is good to work for. Some management issues
Cons
The culture needs to be changed
If you are a school bus driver, this is a great place to work.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Concord, CA7 October 2017
The General Managers really value their employees, and especially the school bus drivers. The pay is pretty competitive. The Region Managers are very personable and care about the success of their locations, meeting the needs of the customers and the employees.
Pros
Great for individuals that want to work part-time.
Cons
Healthcare for part-time employees is not so great.
Great Inviorment.
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MI6 October 2017
Very Nice people,Management was very nice and caring to your need's.Over time was never a issue if you wanted to work.This job is very big on being on time.
Pros
Every Morning there is always some one to Greet you open entering the Door.
Cons
Buses are not warm in the Winter time.
Very good job
Driver state (Current Employee) –  Carson, CA4 October 2017
The school routes were great not too short or too long, I have learned a lot about passanger safety.
The hardest part of the job may be the students.
working at durham
Driver (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NY4 October 2017
Management is very poor, employers are nor valued and they have favoritism. Would be a great please to work for if they had strong office staff and management.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
employees are not valued
On my opinion there's no job security
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  California3 October 2017
At durham you must be an extra qualified driver in order for you to remain n active driver.. not too many drivers can last as a bus driver. How do l know this because they are always short on drivers . Every school year we start good n with in a month we are at least 12 drivers short..
cool place to work
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN3 October 2017
A day at the job. smooth cool place nice people friendly people. I think being out in the cold is the hardest part of the job.Very nice people with caring attitude.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
being in the cold

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Durham School Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9