Durham School Services Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
low pay and low hours
Router, dispatcher, driver (Former Employee), Des Plaines, ILApril 27, 2016
This company has a low rate of pay for the drivers. They do not have a lot of work, and hard to get a regular pay check. The employees are great but management has a lack of fairness.
below bad company
School bus driver (Former Employee), Raymond, MSApril 19, 2016
Pros: good work hours
Cons: need better supervisors
they cheat their employees on any benefits. They do not help employees with any issues that they may have. Supervisors are worthless at their jobs.
Great company to work for they take good care of all employees
Bus Driver (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXApril 15, 2016
Pros: Free lunches and trips
Cons: Health benefits and safety bonuses.
This company is a great company to work for and they care about all the employees safety and health. They have a great safety program that helps you stay focused and safe on the road.
training and breakroom
monitor (Former Employee), Florissant, MOApril 10, 2016
Pros: scheduling and benefits
Cons: not enough hours
helped driver, took care of special needs children. i learned to care for indivisuals with disabilities and be compassionate to their needs.
Like family
School Bus Driver (Current Employee), Beloit, WIApril 4, 2016
We at Durham are like a family. Everyone looks out for each other and we all help everyone as needed. The company does everything possible to work with employees and any problems that may incur.
Training and Safety Supervisor (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAMarch 30, 2016
none was not a good company to work for. therte are so miss managed. the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing
Job was very rewarding
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Baldwin Park, CAMarch 24, 2016
A typical day at work was dropping off children with special needs to and from school. I loved that the job consisted of driving and being out and about. The best part of the job was learning how to work with children with special needs.
cool job
Driver (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 14, 2016
Pros: no mexicans
Cons: low hours and pay
very good job ,had a good time, rich kids are well behaved and smart. Living in Tucson Mexicans everywhere catalina foothills school district has very little Mexicans it was nice.
Durham
School Bus Driver (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYMarch 12, 2016
I was overworked and underpaid! The bosses were terrible people to work under and some of the dispatchers were nasty. I was happy to hear they went out of business.
Same as previous
Public School Bus Driver (Former Employee), Spokane, WAMarch 9, 2016
Pros: Same as previous
Cons: Same as previous
Assigned to a regular student route; District 81, Route 157, Spokane, WA for three loads in morning and three loads in afternoon Monday thru Friday, with late take home from a “Grade” School four days per week.
Was put on “permanent” Admin leave for “Yelling” at middle school students,my points were valid but my delivery was considered “excessive
Good place to work for
Bus Driver (Current Employee), Waterbury, CTFebruary 29, 2016
It is a good place to work for driving the bus is fun some of the kids are great the time you work for is good. The roads are not good and the winter is also not great
Friendly
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIFebruary 7, 2016
Pros: Students and co workers
Cons: Other drivers
Management works well to ensure all employees are well prepared for the day....lots of help from other co workers, they are the best part of the job. Love the students.
being a special person to be a school bus driver
School Bus Driver (Current Employee), Charleston South CarlionaJanuary 31, 2016
I enjoyed working with Durham school services, I've been with them for eight years. I've watch many of my student become young adult finishing college getting excellent jobs, I feel that I was a part of that. i learned how to become a team player cause at the end of the day the student just need to get to school or home.The hardest part of the jobs are not having safe buses to drive, a lot of the buses are well of twenty years old.
Management need to inproved their Ethics
Router Operator (Former Employee), Aurora, ILJanuary 26, 2016
Management need to have some kind of plan or presider on how to handle complaints and follow and investigation since this company is in charged of transporting a lot of student to and from school.
fun work place
Driver (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 22, 2016
Pros: free turkeys
Cons: no holiday bonus
Never knew I would miss this company as much as I do and all my coworkers, I had such an amazing time at this company in all sort of weather.
Awesome hours
driver (Current Employee), Santa Ana, CAJanuary 20, 2016
Drivers job are only to make sure all hazards are safe and student arrive to school and to their homes safe. Management are mostly outsiders so they do not understand what drivers go through with their clients and school when needed assistant. Not so much social networking at work because people just arrive and go home as soon as possible once their shifts are over. The kids are special and are also funny depending on their condition.
Ummmm...
Bus Driver (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNJanuary 20, 2016
Pros: get raises every year, only good if you have kids
Cons: winter & summer breaks, management, unemployemtn
I love driving but this job isn't for me ! This job is only if you have kids and aren't able to take your kids to school. They get you by saying they starting pay is $13.05/hr; which is good until you actually start working. You do not get over 30hrs, 27.5 at the most. So you might as well go work at Wal-Mart making $9.00 it end up being the same if you ask me. The managers have their picks at the job, you will only see a check if you get field trips, but working here if your not all in the manager face sucking up you will NOT see an field trip your whole time working. I don't like the Christmas or summer breaks you can file for unemployment(which isn't much or like me find an second job), no one wants to work 2 jobs just to keep up on bills. The list goes on !
pretty cool
Driver (Former Employee), Carson, CAJanuary 14, 2016
Pros: nice people
Cons: Attitude
some what ok.. wasnt there that long to know too much about the company. but i would rommend anyone who like to drive school buses.
not a bad place to work
Bus Operator (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXJanuary 5, 2016
Pros: work schedule works with your school age children when they are out for vacation so are you
Cons: having to listen to screaming children for an hour
must be great with children and have patience to handle any situation from screaming to fighting on the bus and overly protective parents.
friendly place to work
Driver/monitor (Current Employee), Davenport, IAJanuary 1, 2016
Great company for part time work. Getting more hours is not much of an option. The staff are friendly and will help you train/ study/ and get your CDL class B.