Durham School Services Employee Reviews

enjoy what i do and people i work with
Operations/Safety Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX23 June 2017
productivity is one of my main focus making sure all drivers follow the swipe compliance, dispatching, being available for everyone at all times, making sure all trips and charters are in the system, double checking payroll and totals match up, creating bids for contracts, atmosphere more so a combination of friendly to family, safety performance. training new drivers.
Good Job for people with families
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KS22 June 2017
Good hours and pay when school is in. You can have mid day off and work a split shift if desired. They are really good about working with you When you need time off.

When school is out getting Hours is harder and If you decide To Help repair Busses the pay is low
Cons
No insurance
Good stat up compay if goal is geared toward transportation field
BUS DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA20 June 2017
I had a good experience with this company for a few years and work has been steady and the pay also not much do busing student back and forth safely weekly and other trips different places good stuff
Pros
timely mannered stops set at designated hour of shift
Cons
Patient is very neccessary to driving with passenger
Great place to work.
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TN20 June 2017
I really enjoyed working for Durham School District. The staff at the schools, bus garage, and parents along with student were really nice. The only reason that I am considering leaving this job is because I am looking to relocate to Ohio.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Parents at times.
Driver
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Millington, TN19 June 2017
This could be a great company to work for if you have free time and not limited to regular work hours. However if you are looking for advancement this may not be the best job for you. On the plus side you always have your summers free if you choose
Pros
summer off
Cons
unpredictable day
Productive, fun,and family oriented environment.
Payroll Administrator/Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis, MO19 June 2017
A typical work day at Durham School Services is fast-pace up until noon when payroll is put in the system for the day. The work place culture is family oriented and laid back environment . And the most enjoyable part of the day is the hour in the morning at the start of the day, when everyone talks about what's on the " To Do List" for the day.
Pros
Dress down on Friday's and once a month free lunch from management.
Cons
n/a
Driving
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MI19 June 2017
Durham never back up any of its driver when we write up kids and try to get them off the bus for breaking any rules. Can't even keep drivers because they give very little paid training and then throw new drivers who just their license to drive a route and they don't have a clue.
Great job
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Everett, WA15 June 2017
Driving a school bus is great job. Especially for people looking for part time, summers off, holidays, etc. I plan to drive again in retirement. I would recommend for moms with children!
Friendly management team
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Cumberland, RI15 June 2017
Overall the place is great. You get weekends off, summers off, and school vacations off. There is a easy going management team. A lot of the coworkers are always looking out to help you.
Great place to learn transportation industry
Talent Acquisition Partner and Field Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TN14 June 2017
- Love the company
- Love the leadership at our corporate office
- They truly believe in recognizing great performers

The hardest part of this job (as someone in recruiting) is pleasing everyone. Recruiting this technical of a position, while ensuring you are state and federal compliant, takes a lot of strategic planning from a recruiter's perspective. Additionally, one must have the support of the community behind them when recruiting for these positions. The more support you have, the easier it is to find talent.
not such a good place to work
Professional driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN7 June 2017
I learned more about student management, learned to manage special need children abilities properly .I learned that everyone shouldn't be in management.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not up holding seniority list, favoritism towards certain employees
great place to work as long as you enjoy kids
Driver (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CA7 June 2017
my manger was very nice and open the work place was in a great area and close to home and the hours worked for me. I liked the route and the picked up a lot of new skills that will stay with me for life
Pros
flexability
Cons
had home issues
A fun place to work at
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN5 June 2017
It's a nice place to work for if u have patience for kids. I enjoy working at my job cause it works around my schedule for my kids.I enjoy being off when my child is out for school.
Cons
work schedule good.
stressful
Route Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Villa, IL5 June 2017
It is a stressful environment, in the office. It was very unorganized.
I enjoyed interacting with the school districts and the bus drivers.
If you are a good multitasker this is the position for you.
Driving a school bus is a different kind of stress. Getting students to school safely and on time is a part of the driver's responsibility.
Great
Driver (Current Employee) –  Fort Valley, GA4 June 2017
You go drive the kids to school and back everyday. Its a good job to have. It also give you a chance to do other jobs if you want to. The ppl are nice to work with.
I did the same as I did with First Student.
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TX4 June 2017
I drove a route for the elementary, high school, and middle school. I would sometimes do shuttles for Lewisville High School. My favorite part of the job was driving field trips.
managment
School Bus Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Silverton, OR3 June 2017
this is a very corrupt company , works above the law , puts its students and drivers at risk , OSEA has thousands of safety complaints , I wont work for this company ever again ! worst mistake of my life !
Pros
good drivers
Cons
managament
no comment
Maintenance Administrator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL3 June 2017
good place to start your work experience Management and culture is no good there's no job advancement or compensation no recognition but over all rating I give it a 2 stars
Fun & fullfilling place to work
attendant (Current Employee) –  Hutchinson, ks31 May 2017
Great for someone who needs a flexible schedule while their children are in school. I have made many good friends while working here. I have enjoyed learning from my students. Most the time its an easy job depending on how the students behave
good workplace
Driver (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, NJ31 May 2017
pretty much go about yourself after you have a designated route.
Inspect vehicle before and after trips do child checks after leaving kids at school and after last drop off.
Pros
lots of family trips
Cons
unorganized

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Durham School Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9