DURHAM SCHOOL SERVICES

DURHAM SCHOOL SERVICES Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
bad Company
School Bus Driver (Former Employee), Roseburg, ORJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: great work enviornment.
Cons: not enough hours for the average person.
Great company to work for had a great year and a half with this company and I would go back anytime they need me. The management staff is great at working with you where you need help whether its your training or time off for personal reasons or you just want or need more hours.
Good starting point for cdl drivers
Driver (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: they get you your cdl.
Cons: the hours arent very good, unless you have seniority.
If you want to learn how to drive commercial vehicles and get your cdl relatively free, this is a good place to start.
Does not care for employees
Multiple duties (Former Employee), TexasJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: driving a bus and working with kids is very rewarding and fun
Cons: everything else
While you may get some good management, never have I worked in such an awful job culture. Gossip runs rampant, even amongst the management. Those who step on others and stab people in the back are rewarded and promoted. The salary is low, the benefits are terrible. You can't trust anyone, and you always feel like your job is at risk.
Productive and challenging environment
Bus Attendant (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: off work every time the kids are out
Cons: not getting paid when we are out of school
My days at work consist of monitoring elementary and high school kids to and from school. Enforcing safety rules and guild lines to ensure they make it to school safe and in a timely manner. I also insist the driver with anything he or she may need. For example if we have a child on the bus that may need extra attention I will insist the driver with putting the child in a safety vest, also helping the child with concerns or questions they may need. The hardest part of my would be getting the kids to school in bad weather conditions. The most enjoyable part of my job is, seeing the big smiles the kids have on they faces when their telling me how their day went.
Caring management
Payroll Associate (Former Employee), Rosemead, CAJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: friendly atmosphere, caring management
Cons: limited time alotted to complete work task
Working at Durham was a good experience. Employees were all friendly and nice to work with. Management worked as a team to accomplish the daily work load.
A very important job with less recognition
School Bus Driver (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: working with children, solving problems
Cons: low pay with no benifits, stagnant management
Being a school bus driver is a job where the pay often doesn't justify the experience. Especially for the new driver. Children can be awfully testy at times . Parents don't understand why there aren't regular drivers on the route. If parents could ride the bus just once ,they would see why a lot of drivers don't stay on the job. Fortunately, many drivers at the company I work for are dedicated. They have seen through the hard times to realize they are providing a very important service. They care for children. Every day with these children presents something new and when somebody doesn't show up for the ride, children say something. It's kind of like it's own little culture and environment in the bus. The driver often provides the atmosphere. Is the experience going to be stressful or rewarding? Unfortunately, sometimes the experience doesn't go beyond unruly children in a loud environment and nobody to throw you a life saver. Add to that only part-time pay with no benefits and it is easy to see why there is a high turnover rate. As for me, I have been a bus driver for almost twenty years. For me it has been a tremendous experience.
New management does not enforce professionalism in employees.
School Bus Driver (Former Employee), Albany, NYJanuary 7, 2015
A breakroom filled to capacity, limited seating, children having to get up extremely early, people, cussing, arguing, People actually fighting on the job, only to be sent home for the day. I just sign in and go to bus. When monitor arrives, I then leave base. With this job. You cannot leave anything of value in your bus over night, such as gift certificates given to you by students parents for Christmas.They will be stolen and the cameras only work when bus is turned on. For the most part the people you select for friends are good people, It only takes a few people to ruin a job site, when management does not get involved people take advantage.
needed more of a challange
Tech II diesel mechanic (Former Employee), Waterbury, CTJanuary 4, 2015
I performed daily maintenance on the buses, whatever was needed, from fixing the radiator to changing the ripped seats on the bus
I learned to speak up for myself, as I was being asked to do yard maintenance that was not in my job description.
I enjoyed working with some of my co-workers, however others taught me to have patience
The hardest part of my job was when I was directed to do yard maintenance such as digging out fence posts and building concrete stairs.
The most enjoyable part of the job was mingling with my coworkers
It's alright
Bus Monitor (Current Employee), Albany, NYJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: there is no pros
Cons: don't get paid for time off and breaks are just too long
Not enough hours or pay for what you have to deal with on a daily basis.
durham school services is a good place to work if you have no kids or if your an older person who is retiring
School Bus Driver (Current Employee), Carson, CADecember 29, 2014
Pros: you get free coffee thats about it
Cons: short checks, no type of appreciation, unorganized, and they cater to one race
Don't be fooled by what they say. They lose drivers left to right, your only guaranteed 4 hours a day, and they show a lot of favoritism. The company is unfair and most of all they do not care about their employees. Management sucks along with the non professional dispatch, they need a big change within their office starting with management. No place of comfort example- the break room look like a prison facility and its been like that for years.
Never a dull moment
School Bus Driver (Current Employee), Justin, TXDecember 22, 2014
It's nice to get to know the students and watch them grow and make friends, it's hard when you have students that have no respect for rules or you as an adult.
not my kind of job
Kansas City school district bus driver (Former Employee), Kansas City, MODecember 18, 2014
I wasn't at durham long I went to get my cdl ended up hurting myself and had a surgery the kept me out for a while I was probably there 3 months
productive and fun work place
Bus Driver (Current Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 3, 2014
Love the kids and getting them home and school safely. Enjoy working as a team. Everyone is friendly and helpful when needed.
excellant group of people to work with.
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 1, 2014
Will have fun just as long as you do your job. You may be needed to work overtime sometimes advance notice sometimes not.
Nice part time job
Bus Driver (Current Employee), Des Moines, IANovember 21, 2014
Pros: good pay for hours
Cons: not enough hours and no benefits
Good part time job with good pay. Working driving kids to school and home.
working with disabled children and adults
Bus attendant (Former Employee), Mattydale, NYNovember 21, 2014
Pros: heping people
Cons: union don't back you up like their supposed to, the management are rude and also some of their employees don't take pride in their work
Employees are fun I love caring for the children and consumers I learned a lot from working with the clients that they all have different needs. The management sucks though they put their employees down making their self confidence low the hardest part was dealing with the management disrespecting me. the most enjoyable part of my job was that I was helping disabled people and making their day seeing them happy made me happy!
Great for a collgege student
School Bus Driver (Current Employee), IANovember 9, 2014
Hours were perfect while I was going to school and the pay is very competitive to other school bus jobs.
manipulated and controlled
Bus Driver (Former Employee), woodland park, CONovember 3, 2014
Pros: i like having a job. i like the job.
Cons: not enough hrs
Busses are not maintained and management don't know the rules
Good working with kids, not so much with coworkers
Bus Monitor (Former Employee), Weatherford, TXOctober 28, 2014
It was a very enjoyable when we were on the bus with the kids. But once off the bus it was not very good. All coworkers were fighting for the Union against other coworkers who were against the union. So this made the work environment at the time tense.
Good enviroment
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Wichita, KSOctober 23, 2014
Must love kids & driving. Easy to start at the bottom. Breaks between hours.

1 2 3 4 5

About DURHAM SCHOOL SERVICES

Wanna go for a ride? National Express has a seat. Specializing in┬ápassenger transportation, the company serves riders in North – Read more

DURHAM SCHOOL SERVICES Photos