Durham School Services Employee Reviews

Public School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMarch 9, 2016
Assigned to a regular student route; District 81, Route 157, Spokane, WA for three loads in morning and three loads in afternoon Monday thru Friday, with late take home from a “Grade” School four days per week.
Was put on “permanent” Admin leave for “Yelling” at middle school students,my points were valid but my delivery was considered “excessive
Pros
Same as previous
Cons
Same as previous
being a special person to be a school bus driver
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Charleston South CarlionaJanuary 31, 2016
I enjoyed working with Durham school services, I've been with them for eight years. I've watch many of my student become young adult finishing college getting excellent jobs, I feel that I was a part of that. i learned how to become a team player cause at the end of the day the student just need to get to school or home.The hardest part of the jobs are not having safe buses to drive, a lot of the buses are well of twenty years old.
Awesome hours
driver (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJanuary 20, 2016
Drivers job are only to make sure all hazards are safe and student arrive to school and to their homes safe. Management are mostly outsiders so they do not understand what drivers go through with their clients and school when needed assistant. Not so much social networking at work because people just arrive and go home as soon as possible once their shifts are over. The kids are special and are also funny depending on their condition.
Ummmm...
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 20, 2016
I love driving but this job isn't for me ! This job is only if you have kids and aren't able to take your kids to school. They get you by saying they starting pay is $13.05/hr; which is good until you actually start working. You do not get over 30hrs, 27.5 at the most. So you might as well go work at Wal-Mart making $9.00 it end up being the same if you ask me. The managers have their picks at the job, you will only see a check if you get field trips, but working here if your not all in the manager face sucking up you will NOT see an field trip your whole time working. I don't like the Christmas or summer breaks you can file for unemployment(which isn't much or like me find an second job), no one wants to work 2 jobs just to keep up on bills. The list goes on !
Pros
get raises every year, only good if you have kids
Cons
winter & summer breaks, management, unemployemtn
Great company to work for they take good care of all employees
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXApril 15, 2016
This company is a great company to work for and they care about all the employees safety and health. They have a great safety program that helps you stay focused and safe on the road.
Pros
Free lunches and trips
Cons
Health benefits and safety bonuses.
Fun if you love kids!
CDL Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  McMinnville, TNDecember 30, 2015
This job is perfect for retired or semi retired persons... or someone looking for a job while their child is at school!!!!!!

Your only guaranteed 20 hrs a week! And bring home an average of 180.00....

Co workers are great and extremely helpful.... no you can not advance here!
Pros
Field trips are fun even for adults.. and drivers get in free!
Cons
You are pink slipped when schools are closed. And no pay on snow days!
fun place to work
driver (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CANovember 15, 2015
a typical day at work is having 60+kids in your bus making sure they all fallow the rules and you have to learn how to manage them because every single one of them are different, the manager stuff are very professional ,my coworkers were friendly and easy to work with, and the hardest part of the job was to be able to maintain your passengers in good behavior for a long period of time in long trips,i really enjoy having to take athletes to the games and activities.
Pros
the opportunity to have some field trips and have new experices
Cons
really expensive health coverage and long periods of anpaid time off
Job was very rewarding
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Baldwin Park, CAMarch 24, 2016
A typical day at work was dropping off children with special needs to and from school. I loved that the job consisted of driving and being out and about. The best part of the job was learning how to work with children with special needs.
not a bad place to work
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJanuary 5, 2016
must be great with children and have patience to handle any situation from screaming to fighting on the bus and overly protective parents.
Pros
work schedule works with your school age children when they are out for vacation so are you
Cons
having to listen to screaming children for an hour
Jacksonville Florida
Doreen sams (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville FloridaMay 15, 2016
Very abusive with the employees,mistreat,unnecessary stress,towns of discrimination,worst management ever I work for,i do have a lawyer reviewing my case
Pros
Very abusive management
Cons
Very abusive management
Watch for Management
Driver (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, MIDecember 17, 2015
Managers are shady! Will throw you under the bus to save themselves. Worried about time and the bottom line. Claim safety is there top priority....couldn't be farther from the truth.
Pros
Pay per hour was great!
Cons
Management, not enough hours and company pinched every penny out of every minute the could get from you
funny
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 1, 2016
My perfect work day is when there are no rude students in my bus they are cooperative with each other and they have all sitdown on the bus. Unfortunately I have never had a day like this in my driving school bus
Good Company to work for!
Transportation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 28, 2016
Loved seeing the children face everyday
I liked the fact the company was never short staff
I was always excited to see the children face everyday and their parents
below bad company
School bus driver (Former Employee) –  Raymond, MSApril 19, 2016
they cheat their employees on any benefits. They do not help employees with any issues that they may have. Supervisors are worthless at their jobs.
Pros
good work hours
Cons
need better supervisors
low pay and low hours
Router, dispatcher, driver (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILApril 27, 2016
This company has a low rate of pay for the drivers. They do not have a lot of work, and hard to get a regular pay check. The employees are great but management has a lack of fairness.
Like family
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Beloit, WIApril 4, 2016
We at Durham are like a family. Everyone looks out for each other and we all help everyone as needed. The company does everything possible to work with employees and any problems that may incur.
Great Place to work
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 16, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. The office started to get crowded as the company grew and it was more difficult to get to know the new people. There was a lot of variety in what I did each day, ranging from the monotonous tasks to new projects that were challenging and exciting.
Pros
Great place to Work
Cons
Un-reachable
Fun and rewarding carreer working with children
Van Driver (Current Employee) –  York, PAOctober 14, 2015
I clock in with my badge and then go out to my van and do a pre-trip to ensure the vehicle is safe to drive. I pick up children and take them to school, then drive back to the lot and do a post-trip. The managers are there for you whenever you need them because you can call them over the radio. I don't get to socialize with my co-workers much unless we have a meeting. The most enjoyable part of the job is being around the kids and getting to help them with the problems they have in their life.
training and breakroom
monitor (Former Employee) –  Florissant, MOApril 10, 2016
helped driver, took care of special needs children. i learned to care for indivisuals with disabilities and be compassionate to their needs.
Pros
scheduling and benefits
Cons
not enough hours
Management need to inproved their Ethics
Router Operator (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 26, 2016
Management need to have some kind of plan or presider on how to handle complaints and follow and investigation since this company is in charged of transporting a lot of student to and from school.