DURHAM SCHOOL SERVICES

DURHAM SCHOOL SERVICES Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun Clients, Cool Trips and Co-Workers like Family
School Bus Driver (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXJuly 9, 2014
Pros: bonuses, luncheons, raises, charities, community involved, competitions/rewards
Cons: hot summers-drink plenty of water!
A typical day includes but is not limited to pre-trip the vehicles to ensure quality, safely and efficiently transport clients, meet new people and visit neat places. Management is understanding, proactive and easy to talk to. Co-workers are polite and many become great friends. The hardest part of the job only effects those who are not completely trained – more... for and comfortable with all duties of the position. It can get hot in the summer but there is never a dull moment there. Whether you are at the office or out on a trip, there is always something new and exciting. – less
Horrible place to work
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYJuly 3, 2014
No advancement
Management is unfair to workers
Lowest pay scale in the industry
Not the happiest job
SCHOOL BUS DRIVER- (CDL CLASS B) (Former Employee), Ankeny, IAJune 29, 2014
Didnt enjoy working for the company. Children were the best though,
School Bus Driver
School bus driver (Former Employee), Worcester, MAJune 28, 2014
Pros: great pay and part time
Cons: part time
This is where I started my school bus career. Not to bad, pay was great and enjoyed it.
part time position
Driver/Trainer, First Student (Current Employee), raymondJune 28, 2014
Great for retirees or second income. Company does best to hold on to employees
Friendly And Helpful people to work with
Bus Driver (Current Employee), Tacoma, WAJune 23, 2014
Pros: challenging
Cons: health care could be better
I Transport children all over and out of the Tacoma area. A lot of the children we work with are in between homes. or live in shelters. School is the only part of there lives that is stable. So as the children enter my bus They get a Good Morning from myself. I enjoy seeing how just my words can cheers up a child's face. I enjoy getting to know each – more... and everyone of them, If can be challenging at times because some of these children have behavioral problems. But I take this as challenge and overcome how they act out. – less
Transporting our children safely!
Special Needs Bus Driver (Current Employee), Spokane, WAJune 23, 2014
The best part of my job is knowing that I learn from the Special needs children that I transport and that they know they are safe whenever they are in my care. I am the first "school" person they see in the morning and the last at the end of the day! Making sure that they start and end with a positive note, blesses my life.
Fun place to work
School Bus Driver (Current Employee), Beaufort, SCJune 22, 2014
Pros: formed a bond with my students
Cons: no benefits
I enjoy what I do. I get along great with my students (I went to school with most of their parents) but there is no room for advancement and no benefits.
Bus Driver (Current Employee), 3100 Hwy 13 WJune 7, 2014
M-F Split shift
Good management
Good co-workers
Split shift
Enjoyable work enviroment
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Dallas Center, IAJune 5, 2014
Pros: excellent on the job training
Cons: limited hours of work available
I preformed pre-trip inspections using a hand held computer, checking the condition on the bus, the wheels, and safety equipment such as the first aid kit, fire extinguisher, and belt cutter.
I was to get to my pick up points on time, making sure all passengers were picked up and designated to ride the bus.
I was to use safe driving practices such as, – more... no right turns on a red light, and doing a safety stop at all rail road crossings.
making sure my students observed the safetly rules posted on the bus. – less
Dependable asset to your employ
Driver (Current Employee), Rochester Hills, MIJune 5, 2014
Pros: 4 hour break between shifts
Cons: summer lay off
Safely transport students to school, log duties, clean bus, attend any safety meetings.

How to implement any and all safety rules to my daily route and stay focused.

Management has an open door policy to discuss any concerns about the job.

Unemployment / Summer lay off

I love my job because of the children.
My special needs children
School Bus Driver (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALMay 31, 2014
Pros: the early morn. run.
Cons: when the weather says you have to pick up early and you are at the doctors office
I love my job, interacting with the public. The children s family or members faces when I bring there precious bundle back to them. But it is time for change and my field if school and desire to do more is needed for myself. Missing the children will be true but their learning experience shall always be within me.
School Bus Driver (Current Employee), Fort Valley, GAMay 29, 2014
Pros: work before and after school hours, free during the day and evening.
Cons: work only during the school year.
The management at Durham School Services works diligently to ensure employee satisfaction to the best of their abilities.
stability
BUS DRIVER (Current Employee), McKinney, TexasMay 23, 2014
Great for retirees, caring people, and new graduates not in college.
wonderful place to work.
safety coordinator/driver (Current Employee), Hutchinson, KansasMay 20, 2014
Pros: fantastic for moms with school kids or retired.
Cons: summer work very limited.
Management in Hutchinson is wonderful. Great people to work with. Safety oriented. Fantastic part time job.
I love my JOB, and Durham has helped me get there!!
Safety and Training Supervisor (Current Employee), Calabasas, CAMay 19, 2014
Pros: a lot of satifaction working with students, co-workers, going places.
Cons: insurance is high, better pay would be a plus
It's a very rewarding job, taking kids to school, going on field trips with them to different places. I've met so many other drivers from so many other companys. Some people I've taught have moved up in the school bus industry, I'm proud of them. I get alot personnal satitsfaction in my job, with the students, the drivers and the parents I've met over – more... the years. The route maybe seem the same everyday but with the students its differet everyday, it may sound crazy but it's so true, with kids anything can happen, that's what make it so enjoyable. – less
Not a fun place to work.
School Bus Driver (CDL B) (Former Employee), Aurora, ILMay 14, 2014
Pros: none.
Cons: low pay.
Would not recommend to others for employment. Boring with nothing new to learn. The management seemed not to appreciate their drivers and many of my co-workers felt they unimportant.The hardest part of the job was the wasted time between routes. The only enjoyable part of the job was knowing I had served America's future: the children.
Great environment
Driver- Class B CDL (Former Employee), Raymond, MSMay 4, 2014
Great company to work for. Great part-time job for a person with family and extra income. calm environment. great if you prefer working away from office on your own
fast paced workplace
Bus Driver (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 28, 2014
A good job, but not enought work hours, so pay is not great. Too long of a break in the middle of the day. its not a bad workplace the only real complaint i have are the work hours. cannot maintain myself and my family with only 24 hours a week.
Durham School Services
Driver (Former Employee), TexasApril 25, 2014
Durham pays pretty decently, and there are opportunities to work into other positions. However, the management is lacking. It's not overall a bad job, but it seems like the more manipulative a person is, the higher they rise, and that is unfortunate.

1 2 3 4 5

About DURHAM SCHOOL SERVICES

Wanna go for a ride? National Express has a seat. Specializing in┬ápassenger transportation, the company serves riders in North – Read more

DURHAM SCHOOL SERVICES Photos