Durham School Services Employee Reviews

Loved it
school bus driver (Former Employee) –  Manchester, PA2 December 2016
Great place to work. They are fair, they do things for their employees at holidays. Mostly happy and friendly coworkers. Management helps when the chips are down for you.
it's productive cuz,it's always challenging
CDL Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA27 November 2016
well,I really enjoyed working there, the coworkers have something special, and,it's also improve my knowledge cause I always feel challenging..
Pros
On holiday
Cons
Nine to noon
Good company
Bus driver (Current Employee) –  Royal Oak, MI26 November 2016
This is a good place to work, very nice people. They help you get your cdl no cost to you, they train you. If you put your time in you can get a route and more hours. You don't really get full time, but it is definitely worth it. You gain a skill and knowledge, make decent money and have an easy going job plus holidays, weekends, and summers off.
Pros
Easy job, gain a skilled trade, make decent hourly pay, holidays, weekends, and summers off, nice people and environment.
Cons
Not a lot of hours, no pay in summer.
I love training new driver"s
Driver/Trainer/First Aid Instructor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LA21 November 2016
With this job I did many things not only just I transport students to and from school, I train new bus drivers, and also work in the maintenance department office work
friendly people to work with . Have little dinners every once in awhile to celebrate birthdays etc.
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Natchitoches Louisiana12 November 2016
The staff were very helpful since i was not from that area. Showed me maps of routes and streets.That was a major plus. I learned in Louisiana that their a lot of swamps .The students helped you to know the stops and roads if needed.Co workers were a joy to work with always joking laughing but helpful when needed. The hardest part was ,I dont think their was a real hard part even tho it was early rising. enjoyable part was the interaction with the different people and culture
Pros
great learning experience. still got paid whether you drove a route or not
Cons
did not always have a route to drive
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI7 November 2016
I can honestly say that they are one of the higher paying bus driving companies around. I enjoyed my time there and worked with some excellent people.
my review
Bus Monitor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN2 November 2016
it is a great place to work the union is very helpful they will stand behind you if you have a problem the people are nice you are out for the summer
Pros
nice benifit package
Cons
you cant grow
really fun workplace
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Madison, CT25 October 2016
I am a people person and loved working here, the management was great and i had great co workers. The best part was driving kids safe to school and home
Pros
picnics
Very productive facility
PM dispatcher/driver (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CT9 October 2016
Everyone is very friendly and busy providing excellent customer service. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you get the recognition from the children's family.
Fin work place to work
Bus Aide (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TX3 October 2016
I enjoyed doing this work I was there for 11 yrs the company was bought out by first student worked there 1 yr and one half. Now I'm looking for a full time job.I needed more hours. I was only receiving 20 a week.
The bus rides was fun
Bus Aide (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TX22 September 2016
I enjoyed the bus rides but that all. The management was all over the place! Nobody had a straight answer for anything I asked them!
Love it and the people was nice
Bus Attendant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL21 September 2016
Nice place to work very well had peope and enjoy the staff the parants was nice the pay was ok I enjoy working with the kids and all the bus driver was nice
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
good training to get a bus endorsement on a cdl
driver (Former Employee) –  Rockwall, TX16 September 2016
The training to get a bus endorsement was good.
What is lacking at the coupany is time get to know the the routes.
They dont provide time to ride with a trainer to learn the route.
Before taking the wheel and driving it your self.As a result of this
The bus drivers have allot of accidents trying to run the route in the
time schedule allotted.Most city bus drivers in public transportation
train for two weeks with a veteran driver before taking it over.
Pros
good cdl endorsement training
Cons
lack of time with a trainer to learn bus routes
Great place to work for Mom's that need to work but want to be home for their children.
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Justin, TX2 September 2016
a typical day consisted of completing the pretrip inspection, picking up the kids from thier designated bus stops and taking them to school, safely. And then in the afternoon, picking up the kids and making sure they got to their designated bus stop. doing a "Child Check" after the last student was off the bus, bringing the bus back to the depot and doing post trip inspection.
Pros
being home when MY KIDS were home and summers, holidays off.
Cons
no income during the summer
Favoritism, poor pay
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CT1 September 2016
If you are not part of the 'in' crowd, zero opportunities for advancement, no overtime and the worst runs. A select few get all the OT and the best routes. Very poorly managed. Compensation is pitiful, the worst in the region.
Very high staff turnover for a reason.
Pros
You get a CDL
Cons
Poor pay, zero opportunities, rampant nepotism
Management favors certain people
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJ24 August 2016
I've been waiting over a year to receive a check that was suppose to be our raise last school year. The management plays favors if you want extra work and if you're sick and need a day, you get yelled at like a 6 year old. No one answers the phone if you have a question, especially during the summer months. The office is a trailer and drivers use a porta-john. Beware....
productive work place
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LA18 August 2016
I enjoyed working there it was fun and my co-workers were pretty easy to get along with as well as the supervisor,It was just not enough hours .I worked only four hours a day.
Pros
driving on a daily basics
Cons
part time hours
Demanding place to work with great co-workers to make it good.
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KS1 August 2016
Supervised the maintenance on two buildings and over 400 vehicles. Learned how to deal with outside vendors and management staff personalities. The most difficult part of job was to meet company guidelines with very limited resources and no help from maintenance VP or area Supervisor. Most enjoyable was the interaction with good people and being part of team at the local level.
Pros
Good co-workers.
Cons
Did not provide what was needed to meet all work requirements.
Favoritism galore
Driver (Current Employee) –  Aurora, IL31 July 2016
Local CSC has a lot of favoritism. The payroll clerk messes up all the time, but gets promoted to a job that is more involved. This clerk blames the drivers for mistakes made in booking the charters and field trips.
Drivers have "disappeared" during charter, not answering the radio and not doing their part...BUT NOTHING HAPPENS TO THEM. Certain drivers call off on a regular basis but don't lose their route. No consequences for bad employees and no rewards or acknowledgement of good employees.
Fun and rewarding job
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SC29 July 2016
Great job if you like children. however the management was not that great. I loved the fact that you work split shifts so you did not have to miss work for appointments.
Pros
Children, no nights, weekends or school holidays
Cons
Unorganized managment

2.8