Durham College

Durham College Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Study
Student (Current Employee), OshawaAugust 28, 2014
Studying business fundamentals course at Durham College, Oshawa Campus ON Canada
Excellent
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJune 24, 2014
Daily administrative functions. Monday to Friday. Excellent place to work. Part of school work program
Always a good time and productivity was always high
Poll Clerk (Former Employee), Durham College, Oshawa ONJune 5, 2014
Pros: enjoyable work
Cons: some nights ran too late and over schedule
A typical day we would break off into our stations and in each station of the school and campuses we would collect votes from students for their choice of President, Vice President etc.

The management was great with keeping everyone on task and if anything was needed at station it was easy to contact them and get what we needed to continue to run the – more... voting station smoothly.

The most enjoyable part was meeting new people and getting to work with all different kinds of students such as Health Science students, Law students and Graphic Arts students. – less
college
Student Representative (Volunteer) (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONApril 15, 2014
great experience
great teachers
very enjoyable
great group of helpers
lab is open 24/7
Durham College
Durham College Summer Sports Camp Assistant (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONApril 14, 2014
Pros: free lunches
At the beginning before the camps started my job consisted of a lot of emailing to companies for donations. I would go take flyers around the community and to different companies to promote our camps. When the camps started it was a fun environment with all the counselors and kids being around. It was a nice environment to work in because you well trusted – more... by the management. The hardest part of the job was time management, but I definitely learned how to use my time more wisely to get all the tasks finished. – less
N/A
Field Placement- 911 Emergency Instructor (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONApril 10, 2014
It was fun. I learned a lot about teaching to different levels of English understanding
Collaborative and proactive workplace
Policy and Procedure Writer (Former Employee), OshawaMarch 26, 2014
I had the pleasure of working closely to nurses, doctors and students of Durham College. The work environment was great, everyone was helpful and respectful. I learned how to properly and effectively write and policies and procedures, among other things. It was a great and enjoyable experience.
fun way to get work experience while completing studies
Web Developer (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMarch 6, 2014
Pros: flexible hours around classes work at school was convenient great work experience
Cons: sometimes hard to find area to work pay is low, but still better than min wage work
Good:
Flexible hours around classes
Work at school was convenient
Great work experience

Not so :
Sometimes hard to find area to work
Pay is low, but still better than min wage work
I enjoyed my time teaching.
Instructor (Former Employee), Oshawa OntarioMarch 3, 2014
The in-class teaching was time consuming in preparation time. Time that was unpaid.
Clinical instruction was the best part. It allowed me to foster student's academics into viable health care providers.
high level work environment and professional coworkers
Helpdesk Support Assistant (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: good management
Cons: low income
I have been working from 9 a.m to 4 p.m. I liked the work environment and I was working with professional team. My manager had a good management skill and helped me to learn my job quickly. The hardest part of the job was troubleshooting but as long as I like challenges and I was trying to find out the problems. Contacting with student and solving their – more... problem was the enjoyable part of the job. – less
It was a good place
Admissions and Recruitment Clerk (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONOctober 29, 2013
Yes it was the place where I went to school but it was the same situation. the people were good and it was interesting to see what programs students were applying for and learning new skills
Great work environment with great people
Facility Attendant (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONSeptember 18, 2013
Great staff with caring managers/supervisors. Learned a lot in my 3 years of employment, especially when it comes to dealing with customers. Good balance between physical demand (set-up/tear-down for events) and non-physical work (front desk and customer service).
Great Experience
Art Director (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONAugust 31, 2013
Was given a rare opportunity to redesign a popular school magazine that reaches over 20,000 graduates.
Durham College's Pharmaceutical and Food Science Program is very comprehensive.
Internship (Former Employee), Oshawa, OntarioAugust 20, 2013
Pros: lots of hands-on experience. trips to food manufacturig plants. internship opportunity.
The program included food processing, food microbiology, product development, quality assurance and control, proper use of laboratory instruments. Excellent instructors who care about your success.
Students enjoy more of sports, art & culture.
tutor (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJune 15, 2013
Pros: lots of eating schedules
Cons: donor group.
yes, just good.Employees show some helping attitude but it is hardly of any help.
Training to new commers is quite old and traditional without much vision.
The most enjoyable part of the job is availability of the technical resources.
I learned that I need a God father, to succeed .
The hardest part of the job is, lack of feed back.
great building blocks for the future
Varsity Crew (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMay 22, 2013
great place to work with lots of positive role models to learn from
Student Research Position
Research Technologist (Former Employee), 2000 Simcoe Street NorthApril 8, 2013
Pros: great pay for students
Cons: not enough projects
The hours were great for a full time student, management was tight and very professional, and the projects were well managed. There wasn't a time I'd go to work and ask what needed to be done.
Awesome place to work
International Student Mentor (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONApril 4, 2013
Worked part time as a student mentor. The work place environment is fun and exciting.
student helper
Student (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMarch 29, 2013
Here, this is not a job but teaching students and solve their problems in chemistry.
Manager