DuraLine Employee Reviews

Good company plagued by bad management
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, TX10 December 2016
Good place to work with overtime opportunities. Don't expect to move up much. Good hours and schedule, some of the best insurance coverage anywhere.

The biggest problem is the place is plagued with horrible, ludicrous management decisions. Such as "gee, instead of leaving a line dedicated to yellow and a line dedicated to black, let's remove one line and run black, yellow, black, yellow." Stupid scheduling causes HUGE amounts of scrap due to contamination. Run all of one color before switching. SCHEDULING IS AWFUL.

Coworkers are nice and helpful. There is just a sense of doom due to the inexperienced management. The company requires a bachelor's degree for managers, but it seems like most have a BA in theater arts or some similar useless field.
Pros
Good insurance, usually good hours with overtime
Cons
poor management with no pipe making experience
machine operation
Downstream Technician (Former Employee) –  North Salt Lake, UT30 September 2016
This job requires a technical, objective, mindset, as well as good cardio and strength. i worked 12 hour graves, constantly running around calibrating and fixing machinery, as well as training all new employees, which helped me develop strong discipline in the work place, as well as the ability to grasp concepts as appose to learning only the steps to complete tasks. We worked in small crews, which helped me develop good team work skills.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long shifts
Company Shutdown
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Midland, TX28 December 2016
The one I worked for the plant shut down 6 months after I started. The plant manager had his hands tied as the plant was going down. Pay was great if I didn't drive 2 1/2 hrs to go back to my family.
Pros
money
Cons
long drive, long hours
It was a good place to work at
Downstream Operator (Former Employee) –  Sandersville, GA6 January 2017
I learned a lot at this work place. I resign from this work place because I had got a better job. I enjoyed working at this job.
Great Place
Desktop Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Goa18 December 2016
Learned a lot at initial stage of work life as there was awesome atmosphere of work.
Encouraging co-workres making work simpler and fun.
Reception/Creditors/Sales
Assistant Financial Manager / Debtors Clerk (Former Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng14 June 2016
Start cleaning up reception. Sending out messages. Follow up on who is in the office and who not. Get the minutes ready.
Pros
Getting all done at one day
Cons
Getting sales to sell paint
good work out type of job
line worker (Former Employee) –  Sandersville, GA13 April 2016
it was a pretty good job it could get hard but u just had to learn how to keep your pipe on your line running good the hardest part was if your line goes down
Pros
good work out
Cons
if lines shuts down
I was there for almost 5 years and i thought the grass was greener on the otherside and......its not.
Textile Knitting and Weaving Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OH16 March 2014
Decent place to work for the most part, pretty clean for the most part but if you get hurt there they will get rid of you or find a way too. I worked 12 hour shifts rotating and it wasnt bad my whole thing about it was that they only give you a .20 cent raise a year which half the time they would have wage freezes. So i felt like theres gotta be something better. I worked in extrusion line for a little while then i went to tape department working on the loom machinery when they would break down.
Pros
Relaxed for the most part, i knew my job like the back of my hand, vacation time, sick time
Cons
No real advancement
Excellent atmosphere to work in with extremely cooperative co-workers
Engineer Draftsman (Current Employee) –  Islandia, NY11 October 2012
A typical day begins with reviewing any outstanding issues from the day before and addressing them first. Next step will be to plan steps to address/solve those issues and create drawings and bill of materials as required. Management is constantly updated to verify that issues are being resolved. Co-workers are very helpful with providing the required information and help communicate with customers. The hardest part of the job is when information is unclear. The most enjoyable part of the part is when hard work is appreciated and the job is done right.
Good management, easy to understand work.
Coiler (Former Employee) –  Middlesboro, KY28 June 2013
Typical day at work stand by a line and coil pipe all day. Learned how to cut and coil pipe. Management was pretty good, some better than others. My co-workers most were helpful, others weren't so much. Hardest part of the job was just the boring aspect of standing in front of a line 12 hours a day. Most enjoyable part of the job was the unscheduled breaks.
Pros
Lots of hours = Nice Paycheck
Cons
Standing for 12 hours without much to do.
Midland Duraline
Operator (Current Employee) –  Midland, TX8 February 2015
Finally a place to grow within, Management that cares and will show you a new direction. Production Manager that has great idea's and the respect of the work force. A Maintenance Leader that understands the issues to fix them correctly.
Pros
Lunches, respect, training, a maintenance staff that can fix anything
Cons
Pay
Able to be surrounded by hardworking
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Reno, NV16 November 2014
The hardest part of working in this fast paced environment would be long standing hours, and working in the heat.
Pros
insurance medical and dental, 401k, short breaks and lunch breaks.
Cons
hot temp, standing for long periods of time, and graveyard-shifts.
fast paced pipe making company
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Mountain Grove, MO28 February 2014
typical day would be clock in, check measurements and gauge my machine, make spools for the pipe to fit on, use forklift to carry finished orders outside, clean up shop
Pros
lots of hours available, weekly pay checks, monthly barbecues
Cons
short breaks, far from home
Good working with friends
Lead Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, TX16 August 2015
Easy to lead people that are your friends as well as co workers. Great pay to be able to do what you love. Always overtime a plus.
Pros
Insurance
Productive place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OH18 April 2015
I enjoyed this job very much. I was a responsible for chipping and grinding the cast put in front of me. Protective glasses and steel toe boots must be worn, very friendly workers.
fun
sales assistant (Current Employee) –  bloemfontein17 January 2013
@ Helping clients, sorting and planing orders and deliveries. invoicing etch.
@ to work with people.
@ Management is helpfull
@Work well with co workers
@No hard part,
@ enjoyable
Pros
lunch. off weekends
Cons
cant go further.
Duraline
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Elyria,OH16 June 2014
Duraline was a great place to work. Management and co-workers were very helpful in training and teaching me the plastic extrusion process.
Kept busy, long hours
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Reno, NV6 December 2012
Was a good place to work the management however was lacking the skills to be organized and have the orders correct.
Well, it's a job.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OH11 January 2015
Over all not the best place to work and not the worst. The work is easy but you may have to endure long hours on your feet with virtually no break at all aside from a quick run to the restroom. I suggest getting in good with management, then you often get away with just about anything, for example, certain people can meet their quota for the shift and sit around in the break room or supervisors office for hours at a time while other "TEAM" members may be by themselves on the floor enduring the entire workload and the outdoor elements. If you don't have a thick skin and are offended easily, this is not the place for you, no exaggeration. You will often hear, "that's not my job" or much complaining when asking for help. There's a big, "screw the next guy" mentality here, so be prepared to come into a mess almost everyday. There's little to no room for advancement, this is a job and that is all. There's problems within the management that really, really need fixed. As far as the most enjoyable part of the job....going home.
Pros
It's a job, great benefits, easy work.
Cons
Management, lack of teamwork, no breaks, low pay raises(nickel and dime), no room for advancement, poor attitudes from management and long time employees.
Productive and welcoming
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Redford, MI10 October 2013
Good place for my first job everyone was courteous and nice. Cleaning is easy and fun for me.