DuraLine Employee Reviews

Great company
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX8 June 2017
Duraline was a great company. It was my first job in the extrusion field. I learned a lot from the team. I have carried the knowledge from Duraline everywhere
Productive workplace
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Sandersville, GA14 January 2017
A typical day at work was very hot inside of the warehouse. I learned the difference between a telephone line pipe and a regular pipe. The managers were fair and easy going.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
It was a good place to work at
Downstream Operator (Former Employee) –  Sandersville, GA6 January 2017
I learned a lot at this work place. I resign from this work place because I had got a better job. I enjoyed working at this job.
Company Shutdown
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Midland, TX28 December 2016
The one I worked for the plant shut down 6 months after I started. The plant manager had his hands tied as the plant was going down. Pay was great if I didn't drive 2 1/2 hrs to go back to my family.
Pros
money
Cons
long drive, long hours
Great Place
Desktop Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Goa18 December 2016
Learned a lot at initial stage of work life as there was awesome atmosphere of work.
Encouraging co-workres making work simpler and fun.
Good company plagued by bad management
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, TX10 December 2016
Good place to work with overtime opportunities. Don't expect to move up much. Good hours and schedule, some of the best insurance coverage anywhere.

The biggest problem is the place is plagued with horrible, ludicrous management decisions. Such as "gee, instead of leaving a line dedicated to yellow and a line dedicated to black, let's remove one line and run black, yellow, black, yellow." Stupid scheduling causes HUGE amounts of scrap due to contamination. Run all of one color before switching. SCHEDULING IS AWFUL.

Coworkers are nice and helpful. There is just a sense of doom due to the inexperienced management. The company requires a bachelor's degree for managers, but it seems like most have a BA in theater arts or some similar useless field.
Pros
Good insurance, usually good hours with overtime
Cons
poor management with no pipe making experience
machine operation
Downstream Technician (Former Employee) –  North Salt Lake, UT30 September 2016
This job requires a technical, objective, mindset, as well as good cardio and strength. i worked 12 hour graves, constantly running around calibrating and fixing machinery, as well as training all new employees, which helped me develop strong discipline in the work place, as well as the ability to grasp concepts as appose to learning only the steps to complete tasks. We worked in small crews, which helped me develop good team work skills.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long shifts
Reception/Creditors/Sales
Assistant Financial Manager / Debtors Clerk (Former Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng14 June 2016
Start cleaning up reception. Sending out messages. Follow up on who is in the office and who not. Get the minutes ready.
Pros
Getting all done at one day
Cons
Getting sales to sell paint
good work out type of job
line worker (Former Employee) –  Sandersville, GA13 April 2016
it was a pretty good job it could get hard but u just had to learn how to keep your pipe on your line running good the hardest part was if your line goes down
Pros
good work out
Cons
if lines shuts down
Fast Past long hours, very poor management.
Line Operator (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NV23 February 2016
Day to day as a Line Operator the work load can be overwhelming to underwhelming which is dependent on the prior shifts workload. The training method is similar to tossing someone into a pool and hoping that they will swim. Management, in all their wisdom, decided to increase the wages of every position minus the Line Operators. The line operators are held accountable for up to 3 to 4 different employees along with 2 to 3 machines(lines). If a downstream operator makes a mistake the Line Operator will be held accountable, if the upstream makes a mistake, the Line Operator will be held accountable, but the kicker is that management has come in and undermined any authority that the line operator would have had. So there are no consequences for the other positions.
Duraline as a whole is a crooked, greedy business that will not pay their employees fair wages, or even invest money into the equipment. For example one of our lines drives in the electrical panel is being held together by ducktape. So when the line fails, they just stick more tape on it and call it good. The maintenance at the plant is also horrible, do to lack of funding. We have to swap out pumps from line to line in order to keep them running, or use pliers to turn a speed pot on the extruder. The job would be fine if the company would show some appreciation for their employees and fix the equipment. Also no lunch breaks or regular breaks for line operators. Do to management not caring to fix productions chain of command. The best part of this job is the schedule 7 days of wokr in a 2 week period.
Pros
It puts food on the table, and the work schedule is alright.
Cons
Poor managment, high stress for $14.50 and hour, Very poor managment
Good working with friends
Lead Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, TX16 August 2015
Easy to lead people that are your friends as well as co workers. Great pay to be able to do what you love. Always overtime a plus.
Pros
Insurance
Productive place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OH18 April 2015
I enjoyed this job very much. I was a responsible for chipping and grinding the cast put in front of me. Protective glasses and steel toe boots must be worn, very friendly workers.
Midland Duraline
Operator (Current Employee) –  Midland, TX8 February 2015
Finally a place to grow within, Management that cares and will show you a new direction. Production Manager that has great idea's and the respect of the work force. A Maintenance Leader that understands the issues to fix them correctly.
Pros
Lunches, respect, training, a maintenance staff that can fix anything
Cons
Pay
Well, it's a job.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OH11 January 2015
Over all not the best place to work and not the worst. The work is easy but you may have to endure long hours on your feet with virtually no break at all aside from a quick run to the restroom. I suggest getting in good with management, then you often get away with just about anything, for example, certain people can meet their quota for the shift and sit around in the break room or supervisors office for hours at a time while other "TEAM" members may be by themselves on the floor enduring the entire workload and the outdoor elements. If you don't have a thick skin and are offended easily, this is not the place for you, no exaggeration. You will often hear, "that's not my job" or much complaining when asking for help. There's a big, "screw the next guy" mentality here, so be prepared to come into a mess almost everyday. There's little to no room for advancement, this is a job and that is all. There's problems within the management that really, really need fixed. As far as the most enjoyable part of the job....going home.
Pros
It's a job, great benefits, easy work.
Cons
Management, lack of teamwork, no breaks, low pay raises(nickel and dime), no room for advancement, poor attitudes from management and long time employees.
Able to be surrounded by hardworking
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Reno, NV16 November 2014
The hardest part of working in this fast paced environment would be long standing hours, and working in the heat.
Pros
insurance medical and dental, 401k, short breaks and lunch breaks.
Cons
hot temp, standing for long periods of time, and graveyard-shifts.
bad Mangement
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OH27 July 2014
worked hard required to work 16 hour days for 2 months. Very poor management.
Duraline
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Elyria,OH16 June 2014
Duraline was a great place to work. Management and co-workers were very helpful in training and teaching me the plastic extrusion process.
Challenging and enjoyable
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Evansville, WY1 April 2014
Working in a polyethylene pressure pipe extrusion plant provided an opportunity to apply several mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic principals accomplish an end result of manufacturing pipe. Learning the loading systems was one of the rewards of the job. The simplicity and complexity of the systems were some of the most frustrating and rewarding aspects of the plant. Having the opportunity of being on both sides of management allowed me to be a better manager of my department. As a tech, I learned the operation of the plant with hands on experiences. This allowed me to be a more understanding manager of the problems that would occur which allowed me to be a more informative mentor for my employees. I was very fortunate to have a great management team to work with. Our 3 departments (Maintenance, Production, and Shipping) worked as a team that complemented one another. If any department needed any help from the other, it was done with the overall goal of producing a quality product first and foremost. We all understood the benefit of team work and helped one another as needed whenever necessary. Working for Duraline has been one of the most enjoyable and rewarding experiences I have ever had.
Pros
The family first pholofacy.
Cons
At times, it was noisy.
I was there for almost 5 years and i thought the grass was greener on the otherside and......its not.
Textile Knitting and Weaving Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OH16 March 2014
Decent place to work for the most part, pretty clean for the most part but if you get hurt there they will get rid of you or find a way too. I worked 12 hour shifts rotating and it wasnt bad my whole thing about it was that they only give you a .20 cent raise a year which half the time they would have wage freezes. So i felt like theres gotta be something better. I worked in extrusion line for a little while then i went to tape department working on the loom machinery when they would break down.
Pros
Relaxed for the most part, i knew my job like the back of my hand, vacation time, sick time
Cons
No real advancement
fast paced pipe making company
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Mountain Grove, MO28 February 2014
typical day would be clock in, check measurements and gauge my machine, make spools for the pipe to fit on, use forklift to carry finished orders outside, clean up shop
Pros
lots of hours available, weekly pay checks, monthly barbecues
Cons
short breaks, far from home