DuPont Employee Reviews

very fast paced
lift truck op (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON17 December 2015
worked there for about 4.5 years very good with sap. still no signs of being hired on. i have heard of people there 12 to 20 years be four being hired on full time.
was fine til taken over by Invista
Polymer Technician Level 3 (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON3 November 2015
I enjoyed working there at Dupont Canada for 26 years but the policies and procedures changed when the company was sold to an American conglomerate.
A very enjoyable, fast paced sales environment that continually pushed me to grow as a sales person.
Summer Sales Intern, Agriculture Chemical Sales (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB3 November 2015
Overall DuPont has been a great company to work for. They provided me with extensive sales training, they pushed me daily to grow as a sales person, and they provided me with the freedom to use my own creativity to establish customer relationships. The co-workers were excellent and a strong team atmosphere was established at the very beginning of my time with DuPont. The hardest part of this job would have to have been my lack of agricultural knowledge at the start. I actually had zero agriculture background, nor did I take any agriculture based classes in school. Throughout training and on the job experience I was able to grow my knowledge of the industry and now consider myself reasonably educated within the agriculture industry. I enjoyed many parts of the job, but the most enjoyable would have to be the relationships that I built and the ability to provide a product that benefited the customer as well as DuPont as a company. This position introduced me to the Sales industry and showed me that I have a real passion for building relationships and ultimately for sales.
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Corunna, ON25 August 2015
Everyone is friendly and helpful. Great place, if you don't mind shift work. Management very friendly. Job can get boring at times.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
night shifts
Great place to work with great co-workers, fun days, and lots of learning
Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Thorndale, ON6 August 2015
A great place to work. They prioritize learning, safety, and employee morale while maintaining quality and efficient work. Good balance in everything - work/life balance, arduous days vs fun days. Getting through the tough work was always met with a reward and sense of achievement. Great pay and perks. 10/10 would work for again.
Pros
Free lunch once per week, snacks, work vehicle available. Lots of fun days - midsummer safety meeting, end of season fun day, lots of related tours and conferences.
Cons
Long hours some days, lots of uncomfortable, hot work in a chemical suit and gear.
good summer job
Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB11 August 2013
go company to work for with lots of perks for summer students
It is a very family oriented company with great people
Labeling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 August 2013
During my employment with DuPont Canada I enjoyed everyday of being in the office and working with others as we became friends over the time and we were sharing our stories all the time and having lunch together with our team members. I learned so many things about farms and farmers by speaking with them over the phone everyday and also learned more about our manufactured pesticides. What I really liked about my job was the challenges that I had to go through to find answers for the farmers. My job was very enjoyable and I did not have any difficulty in doing it.
Excellent employees,
Maintenance manager (Former Employee) –  May, ON22 July 2013
Great company, it was a learning experience. Which i have used to better myself.
very fun place to work, lots of good people
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Corunna, ON9 April 2013
Very fast pace, always lots to do, Very good with sap, i've been a contractor for DuPont for almost 9 years and still know sign of ever being hired on..
Pros
3 on 3 off
Cons
just a contractor
very enjoyable place to work
Senior Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 September 2012
enjoyed the personal job progression while employed there. Being promoted to head office was most gratifying.
DuPont
STUDENT ENGINEERING CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON27 September 2012
A very respectable company to work for. Great for career advancement.
environnement amical
Chargé du projet (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 December 2015
bon management et une grande entreprise leader dans leur domaine