Full-Time Experienced Restaurant Manager
Dunk ‘n Dip is a resto and chocolate lounge in Port Credit, Mississauga.
We serve our guests delicious savoury and sweet foods, and aim to delight them with our fantastic customer service.
We are looking for a reliable, flexible, and experienced Restaurant Manager who has a passion for food, great service, and aims to delight customers!
As the Restaurant Manager at Dunk ‘n Dip you will:
- work with chefs and other staff to create menu ideas that are flavourful and popular with customers
- work with chefs for efficient provisioning and purchasing of supplies
- work to budget and save costs by estimating food and beverage costs, supervising portion control and quantities of preparation to minimize waste
- perform frequent checks to ensure consistent high quality of preparation and service
- accomplish restaurant human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, training, scheduling, coaching, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures
- achieve restaurant operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change; setting targets and goals
- maintain a safe, secure, and healthy environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations; securing revenues; developing and implementing disaster plans; maintaining security and sprinkler systems; maintaining parking lot and walkways
- publicize the restaurant by designing and placing advertisements; inviting food editors to review the restaurant; contacting local, regional, and national magazines with feature ideas; encouraging local businesses to hold social events at the restaurant
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Meet restaurant financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Promote and market the business
- Seek ways to improve the company’s perception and reputation in the community, previous community involvement is an asset
- Overseeing stock levels, order supplies
- Investigate and resolve customer complaints concerning food quality and service, answer enquiries, and record comments
- Take reservations
- Prepare and present staffing/sales reports
- Keep statistical and financial records
- Maintain ambiance
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Other duties as required by management
The qualified candidate must:
- Have the ability to multi-task
- Be social media savvy – this job requires you to have a good eye for unique photo ops, take photos of menu items and customers for integration with Dunk ‘n Dip’s social media strategy
- Have a genuine "touch" for customer service and hospitality
- Be professional and willing to work hard
- Possess leadership and decision-making skills
- Possess an entrepreneurial attitude
- Be able to work in a diverse team
- Be willing to learn on-the-job
- Speak English, read English, write English. Other languages are an asset.
5+ years’ experience in a similar role is required.
A degree or certificate in restaurant and hospitality management is required.
Essential Skills: Reading text, Document use, Numeracy, Writing, Oral communication, Working with others, Problem solving, Decision making, Critical thinking, Job task planning and organizing, Significant use of memory
To apply, please
1) Attach your resume, email to team at dunkndip.ca, or fax it to 905-275-1233
2) Include your available working hours, and anticipated start date
3) Include your current contact information
Thank you to all applicants, but only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.