Position Title - Summer Student – Building Operations
Location - Kamloops
Dream Unlimited is a real estate investment, development and management company, creating value at every stage of the real estate life cycle. Since the business was created in 1994, Dream has grown substantially, becoming one of Canada’s leading real estate companies with approximately $13.4 billion of assets.
And while on the surface our business may not seem that different from others, it’s our attitude and approach that sets us apart. We believe in better communities to live in and work in. We seize unconventional opportunities and try new things, approaching every project with passion and purpose. Dream has earned a reputation for adding value by being smart and doing good, making decisions with everyone’s interest at hand – our customers, partners, investors, and the community at large.
Dream Unlimited is looking to hire Summer Students to work in Building Operations in Kamloops. The responsibilities include:
- Interior and Exterior janitorial (light and heavy duty) as directed and as required. Ensure common areas are kept clean and tidy; sweeping/mopping of floors; powerwashing; washroom maintenance checks and re‐stock.
- Vacuuming of induction units/coils.
- Painting of mechanical floors and common areas as directed.
- Assist the Building Operators in completing scheduled maintenance work orders and general maintenance duties throughout the building.
- Assist with replacement of ceiling tiles.
- Assist building staff with replacement & maintenance of lighting throughout the facility.
- Assist with minor plumbing repairs & general building repairs and maintenance.
- Perform landscaping duties including watering of plants and clean-up of exterior landscape.
- Prepares the garden for daily visitors as well as special events, ensuring that the garden and surrounding are well maintained, that the plants and collections are healthy, and that the garden is safe and attractive for the public
- Performs and supports horticultural practices that encourage overall plant health and soil nutrition, to include sustainable gardening and integrated pest management practices
- Assists with weeding, mowing and weed whacking of lawns
- Maintains horticultural tools and equipment
- Maintains records of work, garden maintenance, and plant health as required
- Assist with damaged sprinkler heads and broken irrigation pipe
- Assist with tenant service calls in a timely and professional manner.
- Organize/label/file drawings and record drawing list.
- Carry out audit of supplies and provide inventory list.
- Primarily stationed at a specific building but may be required to work at different locations in the area from time to time.
- Miscellaneous tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Eligibility is based on the following:
- Student Status: A student is defined as someone currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution or within six months of graduation, e.g. if a student graduated in December 2013, they could apply for a Dundee summer employment opportunity up until June 2014.
- Age: Minimum age is 17; however, the student must be enrolled with a post-secondary institution.
- Ability to work in Canada: Students must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Social Insurance Number: Students must have a valid social insurance number.
- Bank Account: Students must have an active bank account
- Strong people skills. A team player with a proven ability to build relationships at all levels of an organization.
- Strong communication skills. Demonstrated in written and verbal reports, presentations, and meeting facilitation.
- Responsiveness. Ability to anticipate needs and commit to respond in agreed time frames.
- Innovator. Proven ability to identify, evaluate and develop new ideas and support with results.
- Deliver on commitments. Ability to set clear objectives and deliverable goals.
- Must be currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution (proof of enrollment is required);
- Strong communication skills and the ability to interact with tenants, contractors and suppliers in a professional and courteous manner;
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently or in a team depending on needs and requirements;
- Successful completion of First Aid‐CPR Training is an asset;
- Ability to lift up‐to 40lbs; and
- Janitorial or maintenance experience preferred.
Indeed - 10 months ago
copy to clipboard
Dundee is an exceptionally dynamic and entrepreneurial organization. We seek out the best in everything we do. Our team is knowledgeable,...