Position Title: Property Manager
Team: Scotia Plaza Management
Position Location: 40 King Street West, P1, Toronto, Ontario
Reports to: General Manager
About Us - Scotia Plaza and SP Management L.P.
Combining the essence of business, history and character, Scotia Plaza provides a world of distinction to the downtown core. Dedicated to growth and success, Scotia Plaza provides its tenants with an uncompromising and secure business environment. With an impressive 130 foot Atrium that links the past with the present and three integrated buildings offering 2,000,000 square feet of office space, Scotia Plaza is the destination of choice for world-class businesses.
Scotia Plaza is owned by Dundee REIT and H&R REIT, two of Canada’s largest real estate investment trusts, and is managed by a wholly-owned subsidiary, SP Management L.P.
Scotia Plaza and SP Management L.P are looking to hire a Property Manager with a minimum of 5 to 7 years’ experience. Responsibilities include:
- Manage building revenue and expenses including operating within an approved budget; review monthly financial statements & provide operational comments for variance reports, for inclusion in monthly management reports;
- Assist in the preparation of annual operating and capital budget, including forecasting of future expenditures of both a minor and major nature;
- Ensure tenant billings & year-end adjustments are correct and conform to the lease;
- Ensure the flow of building information to other departments;
- Liaise with Leasing Representative to ensure budgeted leasing projections are received and review the monthly rent roster and summary of recurring charges to ensure accuracy and integrity of information that is input.
- Research best practices and benchmarking for enhancing Scotia Plaza and Tenant Services;
- Manage both office and retail tenant requirements in accordance with their leases and building policy utilizing in-house personnel and contracted services and manage charge backs as required;
- Arrange and control all tenant-planned functions and promotional events;
- Oversee tenant surveys, ensuring distribution, follow up, planning and resolution to the satisfaction of the tenant;
- Manage and administer the Promotional Fund for Scotia Plaza retail tenants with the goal to maximizing exposure and percentage rent;
- Administer leases to ensure all requirements are maintained, including insurance, percentage rent, monthly and annual tenant sales, and annual sales audits;
- Oversee accounts receivable to ensure they are maintained at an acceptable level.
- Tender and manage capital projects including building improvements and leasehold improvements in conjunction with the Senior Operations Manager;
- Review all scopes of work for tenders and Standard Service Contracts;
- Participate in meetings for capital projects, monthly elevator and security meetings;
- Prepare tender documents for cleaning and related contracts in conjunction with Tenant Services Manager;
- Ensure that the interior and exterior of Scotia Plaza is maintained at the highest level of cleanliness and safety for the comfort and enjoyment of all tenants and visitors;
- Authorize purchase orders and subsequent invoices relating to expenditures of the building, ensuring adherence to internal controls for purchasing and contract commitments.
- Supervise direct reports to ensure high standards are maintained in accordance with established Building policies and procedures;
- Implement development and training programs for Team and recommend staff changes as well conduct annual performance appraisals;
- Responsible for ensuring that Scotia Plaza maintains and renews its status as both BOMA Best LEED Certification and recommend and pursue any other industry recognition awards that will positively promote Scotia Plaza.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years’ experience in property management in an office/retail environment;
- Experience in commercial property management, financial analysis, lease interpretation, building operations and maintaining strong internal controls;
- Knowledge of building construction, ability to review building specifications and drawings, oversee landlord and tenant work in accordance with the Lease documentation; proven negotiation abilities;
- A pragmatic, enterprising, motivated and resilient personality with an ability to execute a wide variety of projects in a dynamic, intricate environment;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and JD Edwards;
- Rental Property Management License required; RPA or CPM designation is preferred; and
- Valid driver’s license is required.
Indeed - 6 months ago
Dundee is an exceptionally dynamic and entrepreneurial organization. We seek out the best in everything we do. Our team is knowledgeable,...