Position Title Property Administrator
Team Property Management
Position Location Dartmouth, NS
Reports to Property Manager
Date June 2013
ABOUT US – DUNDEE REALTY MANAGEMENT CORP.
Dundee is an exceptionally dynamic and entrepreneurial organization. We seek out the best in everything we do. Our team is knowledgeable, diligent and dedicated and we share a real passion for our business and the desire to excel. Dundee is grounded in core organizational values including integrity, respect, fairness, transparency and accountability.
Our employees are our greatest asset and we are committed to providing a dynamic and rewarding environment in which our employees can thrive, including: promoting teamwork, communication, creativity and productivity; rewarding employees with professional and personal growth; encouraging continuous learning opportunities; providing competitive recognition and rewards programs; and, supporting a culture that values and respects employees and their ideas.
Dundee is looking to hire a Property Administrator with a minimum of (three) 3 years experience:
- Under the guidance of the Property Manager, establish and maintain a professional working relationship with all tenants within the portfolio
- Administration of tenant accounts, preparation of statements of accounts, late payment notices and default letters as required
- Ensure repetitive billing accuracy through the monthly rent roll reconciliations and rent rolls;
- Preparation of system generated bank deposits as required and application of receipts to tenant accounts;
- Monitoring & collection of tenants accounts receivables, preparation of statements of account and reconciling tenant’s accounts on behalf of the Manager; and reporting thereon to the Manager and others;
- Ensure tenant compliance with obligations under the terms of the lease
- Respond to tenant concerns in a fast, efficient and timely manner
- Take responsibility for monthly rent collection and collection of arrears of rent as well as timely follow-up of outstanding accounts receivables and default letters
- Responsible for invoicing all tenant charge backs and following up on payment
- Calculation of percentage rents for retail tenants, invoicing and collecting payments as applicable
- Maintain tenant files in an orderly and complete manner ensuring that all documentation including leases and offers is filed in an accurate and timely fashion
- Maintain certificates of insurance for all properties as well as tenant emergency contact forms, key logs and sign-out sheets and the master tenant listing
- Maintain system for tracking all utility meter readings and invoicing tenants as required on a monthly basis
- Follow up with bailiff and/or collection agencies under the guidance of the Property Manager
- Responsible for preparing and submitting all site notices
- Maintain tenant information package by making and distributing updates as applicable
- Responsible for all move-in and move-out documentation as well as register of keys
- Inputting of all lease information in the Enterprise One system and maintain as required
- Prepare the monthly rent roll reconciliation, including examining variances from previous period, for the Property Manager’s approval
- Day to day operation of the Angus Anywhere Tenant Request system including daily review and follow up with Operations Supervisor
- Ensure that suppliers/contractors contact list is kept up to date
- Perform administrative duties to assist Property Manager
- Back up responder for emergency calls in absence of Property Manager
- Assist Property Manager with various duties as assigned
- Strong people skills. A team player with a proven ability to build relationships at all levels of an organization.
- Strong communication skills. Demonstrated in written and verbal reports, presentations, and meeting facilitation.
- Responsiveness. Ability to anticipate needs and commit to respond in agreed time frames.
- Innovator. Proven ability to identify, evaluate and develop new ideas and support with results.
- Deliver on commitments. Ability to set clear objectives and deliverable goals.
- 3 – 5 Years previous Commercial Property Management experience
- Some post-secondary education an asset
- Worked with a real estate management financial system, knowledge of JD Edwards Enterprise One software program
- Aptitude with numbers and proficient with Microsoft office especially Excel and Word
- A team player with strong organizational skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently
Indeed - 10 months ago
Dundee is an exceptionally dynamic and entrepreneurial organization. We seek out the best in everything we do. Our team is knowledgeable,...