Position Title Property Accountant
Team Property Accounting
Position Location 30 Adelaide Street East, Toronto
Reports to Manager, Property Accounting
About Us - Dundee Real Estate Management Corp.
Dundee is an exceptionally dynamic and entrepreneurial organization. We seek out the best in everything we do. Our team is knowledgeable, diligent and dedicated and we share a real passion for our business and the desire to excel. Dundee is grounded in core organizational values including integrity, respect, fairness, transparency and accountability.
Our employees are our greatest asset and we are committed to providing a dynamic and rewarding environment in which our employees can thrive, including: promoting teamwork, communication, creativity and productivity; rewarding employees with professional and personal growth; encouraging continuous learning opportunities; providing competitive recognition and rewards programs; and, supporting a culture that values and respects employees and their ideas.
Dundee is looking to hire a Property Accountant with a minimum of 3 years experience in property/lease administration accounting:
Property Accounting and Financial Review:
Responsible for a specific portfolio of properties. Work with Accounting Manager to:
- Complete monthly, quarterly and yearly processing & reporting of property financials including Cost Accruals, Job Cost & Fixed Assets;
- Ensure all co-ownership/third party property reporting and distributions are done in a timely manner;
- Process property budgets;
- Review current policies and procedures to ensure current methods conform to them. Participate in documenting current methods into policies and procedures where necessary;
- Co-ordinate and provide all audit related queries at year-end.
Revenue Analysis and Review:
Review and Analyze tenant recovery schedules (ROE) which includes:
- Analyzing recovery ratios and provide commentary working in conjunction with the lease administration accountant;
- Verifying revenue assumption and provide commentary for variances to budget, forecast and prior year covering monthly, quarterly and year to date results;
- Validating recovery rules to tenant lease;
- Reviewing & analyzing tenants accounts receivable and follow up with property manager with respect to collection, bad debt allowance and write offs.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Commercial Property Management, more specifically in lease commercial property accounting;
- 3rd/4th level CGA or accredited CMA candidate an asset;
- Undergraduate degree or college diploma;
- Experience with JD Edwards system an asset; and
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.