Position Title: Commodity Corporate Tax Accountant
Team: Corporate Taxation
Position Location: 30 Adelaide St. East, Toronto
Reports to: Director, Tax
About Us - Dundee Realty Management Corp.
Dundee is an exceptionally dynamic and entrepreneurial organization. We seek out the best in everything we do. Our team is knowledgeable, diligent and dedicated and we share a real passion for our business and the desire to excel. Dundee is grounded in core organizational values including integrity, respect, fairness, transparency and accountability.
Our employees are our greatest asset and we are committed to providing a dynamic and rewarding environment in which our employees can thrive, including: promoting teamwork, communication, creativity and productivity; rewarding employees with professional and personal growth; encouraging continuous learning opportunities; providing competitive recognition and rewards programs; and, supporting a culture that values and respects employees and their ideas.
Dundee is looking to hire a Commodity Corporate Tax Accountant with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Corporate Indirect Tax environment, preferably with consolidation and multi-business unit environment. The duties include:
- Preparation of all indirect tax (GST/HST/QST/PST) returns for DREAM, Dundee Realty Corporation and the REITs and all related compliance requirements;
- Set-up new indirect tax accounts for newly created entities and new acquisitions, closing of indirect tax accounts;
- Prepare accounting reconciliations to G/L of indirect taxes;
- Manage and provide assistance with tax audits for various indirect tax jurisdictions;
- Interact with various corporate departments to improve reporting systems as they relate to indirect taxes;
- Deal with queries from external consultants/advisors, as needed; and
- Respond to queries from other departments and provide support and analysis as required.
- Strong people skills. A team player with a proven ability to build relationships at all levels of an organization.
- Strong communication skills. Demonstrated in written and verbal reports, presentations, and meeting facilitation.
- Responsiveness. Ability to anticipate needs and commit to respond in agreed time frames.
- Innovator. Proven ability to identify, evaluate and develop new ideas and support with results.
- Deliver on commitments. Ability to set clear objectives and deliverable goals.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a commodity corporate tax accounting function;
- Master of Taxation degree or the CICA HST/GST In Depth Tax course;
- Professional accounting designation such as CMA, CGA or enrolled in an accounting program;
- Post-secondary education in business or accounting;
- Real estate industry experience is preferred; and
- Experience with JDE is an asset.