Position Title : Building Operator
Team : Western Region Edmonton Property Management
Position Location : Edmonton, Alberta
Reports to : Supervisor, Building Operations
About Us – Dundee Realty Management Corp.
Dundee is an exceptionally dynamic and entrepreneurial organization. We seek out the best in everything we do. Our team is knowledgeable, diligent and dedicated and we share a real passion for our business and the desire to excel. Dundee is grounded in core organizational values including integrity, respect, fairness, transparency and accountability.
Our employees are our greatest asset and we are committed to providing a dynamic and rewarding environment in which our employees can thrive, including: promoting teamwork, communication, creativity and productivity; rewarding employees with professional and personal growth; encouraging continuous learning opportunities; providing competitive recognition and rewards programs; and, supporting a culture that values and respects employees and their ideas.
Dundee is looking to hire a Building Operator with a minimum of three (3) year’s experience, preferably in a commercial/office/retail environment. Responsibilities include:
- Perform preventative maintenance on HVAC, plumbing, mechanical and life safety systems;
- Perform water treatment testing on building systems and equipment;
- Understanding and operation of BAS and security systems;
- Respond to and complete tenant service requests as assigned, including changing lights, general maintenance,
- Assist with and conduct minor mechanical, electrical, plumbing and systems repairs;
- Assist with and maintain all building inventory, code inspections, and keeping all maintenance rooms clean and tidy;
- Monitor contractors when on site to ensure they abide by building guidelines;
- Have working knowledge and understanding of preventative maintenance and tenant request programs;
- Participant in Building Emergency Response Team;
- Be responsible for the appearance and safety of the property; and
- Be available for on call duty on a rotational basis and cover for shifts as required.
- 1 - 3 years building maintenance experience preferably in a commercial environment;
- Strong customer service skills to work with tenants;
- Must have a valid driver’s license;
- Knowledge of building and fire codes, safety act and WHMIS procedures;
- Must hold or working towards a 5th Class Power Engineering Certificate (minimum);
- Experience in Preventive Maintenance and Energy Management Programs;
- Familiarity with Angus Anywhere Tenant Services and Preventative Maintenance Systems is an asset; and
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.