Position Title Assistant Property Manager
Team Distillery Historic District
Position Location Toronto, ON
Reports to General Manager
ABOUT US – DUNDEE REALTY CORPORATION AND THE DISTILLERY HISTORIC DISTRICT
Dundee is an exceptionally dynamic and entrepreneurial organization. We seek out the best in everything we do. Our team is knowledgeable, diligent and dedicated and we share a real passion for our business and the desire to excel. Dundee is grounded in core organizational values including integrity, respect, fairness, transparency and accountability.
Our employees are our greatest asset and we are committed to providing a dynamic and rewarding environment in which our employees can thrive, including: promoting teamwork, communication, creativity and productivity; rewarding employees with professional and personal growth; encouraging continuous learning opportunities; providing competitive recognition and rewards programs; and, supporting a culture that values and respects employees and their ideas.
Dundee is looking to hire an Assistant Property Manager with a minimum of 2 (two) years of Retail and/or Commercial Property Management experience. For the Distillery District, a mixed-use property, responsibilities include:
- Work with General Manager and Property Administrator on the collection of rents and all tenant obligations under the terms of the lease
- Work with Property Administrator and Operations Manager in preparing & issuing purchase orders
- Monitor open purchase order reports on a weekly basis to ensure timely completion of work & invoice processing
- With the guidance of the General Manager, establish and maintain a professional working relationship with all tenants within the portfolio
- Ensure compliancy of real estate with all restrictions and obligations, statutory, municipal or otherwise made by any governmental authority or agency having authority
- Assist in the preparation and review of financial reporting (annual budgets, monthly reporting, review of variances, expenses and revenues)
- Work with Operations Manager in the preparation of tenders and contracts, and oversee tenant improvements and Landlords work
- Obtain quotations for building services, review contracts and agreements, provide recommendations to General Manager
- Assist with the management and daily review of Distillery Plus (Angus based web enabled tenant response system)
- Assist with site operations and projects as assigned
- Respond to all tenant inquiries and take appropriate action to address issues expeditiously
- Back up responder to emergency calls to the Operations Manager & assume management duties in the absence of the General Manager (e.g. vacation)
- Coordination of tenant moves (in and out) of leased premises within the portfolio. Supervision of such activity with minimal disturbance to all occupants of the building is essential
- With the assistance of the Operations Manager, carry out physical inspections and completion of reports pertaining to the buildings under management
- Manage special projects, including implementation of “Green” environmental initiatives, policies, and procedures for all properties in accordance with BOMA BEST or LEED standards
- Assist General Manager with various projects and duties as assigned
- Work with Operations Manager and General Manager to ensure tenant compliance with site regulations and policies
- Strong people skills. A team player with a proven ability to build relationships at all levels of an organization.
- Strong communication skills. Demonstrated in written and verbal reports, presentations, and meeting facilitation.
- Strong financial skills. Good understanding of financial statements and how revenue & expenses impact tenant rents business profitability.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Ability to prioritize and multi-task daily workload
- Responsiveness. Ability to anticipate needs and commit to respond in agreed time frames.
- Innovator. Proven ability to identify, evaluate and develop new ideas and support with results.
- Deliver on commitments. Ability to set clear objectives and deliverable goals.
- Take ownership. Take full responsibility of tasks and projects whether assigned or initiated
- Experience with retail and/or commercial lease interpretation and tenant relations
- Experience in commercial and/or retail property management
- Previous JD Edwards experience preferred
- Strong Microsoft Word and Excel Skills
- Currently enrolled in Management Designation, or willingness to enroll (RPA, CPM)
- Valid driver’s license required